The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Maybe I missed it, but is VR going to have a big role with the PS5?

I still want to try it.

the demon is tough because he is from a Dark Souls game essentially. It was rewarding to beat him but it took me like 4 hours.

Took 5-6 hours to be Lord Isshin. The Shinobi execution made it worth it though :pimp:

I want to play through the game one more time. It really is a masterpiece.

I’ve enjoyed my NG+ run more. I understand the game mechanics better (although that went out the window for demon -_-) and I actually have a good sense of what’s going on plot-wise.

I still want to try it.

They'll probably have some upgraded hardware down the line but they're definitely not dropping it. FWIW, the PS5 launch hardware (white/black/blue) kinda looks like the PSVR color scheme.

VR is legit one of the best things to happen to gaming IMO. Shame about the high entry price and motion sickness.
It just transforms so many games into new experiences. Racing games now make sense in cockpit view and it adds a new dimension to platformers.

Astrobot was my 2018 GOTY.
RIGS was fantastic but Sony closed the studio down :smh:

Need to get Beat Sabre as it seems to be one of the most popular covid home workout games.

Yes Sir.

VR is super legit.... it is really what has kept me interested in gaming.

Gran Turismo VR + wheel and chair and Farpoint + the AIM controller pretty much killed my ability to really enjoy 2d gaming like I used to... just not enough immersion.

I recently purchased a new LEGION laptop with a 2060, so I might try some PC VR too. Thinking Asetta Corsa & iRacing.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I've wanted to get one but I have sensitive eyes. could feel the migraine already.

The good thing with VR is that the lenses do a really good job of not making it seem like there's a screen a few inches away from your face.
Draw distance in games is so good you feel like you're actually there unlike 3D glasses in cinemas.

It's usually motion sickness that gives people headaches. I've never seen eye strain be an issue but still best to try it out first.

I still want to try it.

I think it will have the same level of importance it has now. They can't all in because of price and motion sickness.

Sony will focus on PS5 launch and settle it in then it will focus on VR.
There are rumours that they have the same deal with Capcom for RE 8 Village like they did with RE7 so that it has a AAA game near it's launch.

Plus with the extra power that the PS5 has, games should be much better than the resolution for the screen should be higher too.

Cherry on top is if they can make it wireless and if it has eye tracking and foveated rendering.

It will be mind blowing.

Yes Sir.

VR is super legit.... it is really what has kept me interested in gaming.

Gran Turismo VR + wheel and chair and Farpoint + the AIM controller pretty much killed my ability to really enjoy 2d gaming like I used to... just not enough immersion.

I recently purchased a new LEGION laptop with a 2060, so I might try some PC VR too. Thinking Aserra Corsa & iRacing.

Cheers.

GT7 in VR :wow:

Kaz already spoke about a 120fps mode so this time round, there should be no problems getting VR support in most if not all the modes without much compromise.

I'm getting too excited. Need to make sure I don't die before next gen. Gonna be looking 5 times before crossing the road. Not taking no risks.

GT7 in VR :wow:

Kaz already spoke about a 120fps mode so this time round, there should be no problems getting VR support in most if not all the modes without much compromise.

I really hope GT7 and any new next gen racing title has full VR support. I'm quicker in VR on GTS than with a monitor, no telling what I could do if the other modes supported it in game.

I'm getting too excited. Need to make sure I don't die before next gen. Gonna be looking 5 times before crossing the road. Not taking no risks.

:rofl: but yeah same

Got the purification ending in Sekiro. On my NG run I would panic on Geni/Isshin’s third and fourth phase. I had fun this time around though, understanding how to deflect his spear and when it was safe to attack. Still got pushed to the limit of my heals though.

On the attempt I beat him in I had to deal with some susness from the camera. But all in all the NG+ run was very satisfying. My personal highlight was taking down guardian ape with ease after getting demolished by him in NG. I still have a bit of a sour feeling from DoH though, but at the same time I know if I hadn’t beaten him I’d wish I did.

With that said, it’s time for me to hang up the prosthetic and figure out what’s next. I really liked TLOU1, but after not being able to get into lost legacy I think my days of playing shooters might be over. I enjoy melee combat much more.

I just beat the story mode for Spiderman. All I can say is wow. Amazing game. This is the first time I they really got Spiderman right. The web slinging, the combat, the spider-sense were all on point. You really feel like you're playing Spiderman. The non-story missions where you play as Mary-Jane and Miles were a good change of pace and didn't feel tacked on. Most games screw side missions like this up.

The story was alot more engrossing and darker than I expected. The Mary Jane relationship, the Doc Oc story and how that developed, mentoring Miles. I really enjoyed it. The casting and voice asking was cool too

I'm off to play the DLC next. I'll give the main game a solid 9.5/10

Thats why seeing the Avengers game due out soon is disappointing. If a top internal Sony Studio was producing it it would be dope instead of what Crystal Dynamics has shown so far.

Spider-Man and Avengers two completely different games. One is a story driven game that takes about 20-25 hours to finish and the other seems to be adapting a GaaS model. Seems a bit unfair to compare the two imo.

I’d say Sony (or at least their 1st party studios) has perfected the 3rd person story telling genre but unless I’m forgetting something, they still have a lot of work to do in the multiplayer/co-op space.

My opinion of course.

Finally finished TLOU2. Have mixed feeling about it, and agree with multiple points made throughout the thread. Some random thoughts:

-Kinda hated the ending. Thought they shoulda just ended it at the farm. Felt like the last 2 hours in Cali was a waste of time. They introduce the rattlesnakes and have like 2 cut scenes with them? Seemed like they ran out of ideas and just had to add a few more combat encounters.

-Seemed like it was so obvious to me that Ellie wouldn't kill Abby when she found her at the end.
-Hated playing as Abby at first, but by the end when you are escaping the scar island, I thought it was pretty fun.
-100% agree with @HYPR on his gripes with the way Joel died and the encounter with Abby
-Graphics and lightning were ****ing insane, especially in the grassy areas, and the times when it was storming out. Awesome job in that area.
-Weapon upgrade bench animations were awesome
-Game dragged on a little too much to me
-the section where you play as Abby w/Lev in the building you fall into the pool off of the skyscraper was awesome. Probably the coolest section in the game imo
-Joel/Ellie flashbacks were fun
-Combat/gameplay was fine

Overall, I definitely enjoyed it, but the last 2 hours/the ending just kinda left me a little disappointed. First one definitely better imo, but I would say this is a solid 8-8.5

Finally finished TLOU2. Have mixed feeling about it, and agree with multiple points made throughout the thread. Some random thoughts:

-Kinda hated the ending. Thought they shoulda just ended it at the farm. Felt like the last 2 hours in Cali was a waste of time. They introduce the rattlesnakes and have like 2 cut scenes with them? Seemed like they ran out of ideas and just had to add a few more combat encounters.

-Seemed like it was so obvious to me that Ellie wouldn't kill Abby when she found her at the end.
-Hated playing as Abby at first, but by the end when you are escaping the scar island, I thought it was pretty fun.
-100% agree with @HYPR on his gripes with the way Joel died and the encounter with Abby
-Graphics and lightning were ****ing insane, especially in the grassy areas, and the times when it was storming out. Awesome job in that area.
-Weapon upgrade bench animations were awesome
-Game dragged on a little too much to me
-the section where you play as Abby w/Lev in the building you fall into the pool off of the skyscraper was awesome. Probably the coolest section in the game imo
-Joel/Ellie flashbacks were fun
-Combat/gameplay was fine

Overall, I definitely enjoyed it, but the last 2 hours/the ending just kinda left me a little disappointed. First one definitely better imo, but I would say this is a solid 8-8.5
I agree with most, if not all, of this. At one point, I was wondering if this game was ever gonna end. :lol:

Whether you like the story or not, from a technical standpoint, the game really was stunning.

1594294176279.png

Pretty good price for those who don't have it already.

Spider-Man and Avengers two completely different games. One is a story driven game that takes about 20-25 hours to finish and the other seems to be adapting a GaaS model. Seems a bit unfair to compare the two imo.

I’d say Sony (or at least their 1st party studios) has perfected the 3rd person story telling genre but unless I’m forgetting something, they still have a lot of work to do in the multiplayer/co-op space.

My opinion of course.

I feel like Avengers just needs a few more coats of Polish.

Taking my time with TLOU2. Only play about an hour or so at a time. I'm up to
The Birthday Gift Chapter. Great use of flashback and more in line on how I thought this game would be (building on Joel and Ellie's relationship.
I immediately replayed that chapter too, and got the looks good on you trophy second time around.

Yeah it's weird but they will not show up unless you recollect them. I just know if you're going for the plat, you do not have to recollect them. You can actually collect them and back out of the chapter. You just have to be careful because if you go back via chapter select, it will autosave and you will not be able to go further than your last autosave. Your best bet is to make a manual save at the end of the game and then load that save after are finished with chapter select. My bad if it's confusing you more :lol:
Ok, so here's my situation. I have 1 card left in Seattle Day 1 that I missed early and I can't go back and get it. Does that mean I should just plow thru that chapter (without bothering with the other collectables (which I already have)... and then when I'm finished with the game, manual save at the end and then go back to the start of Seattle Day 1 to collect that card?

Sinner Sinner So the game will create a "complete game" autosave for you once you are finished. At that point, go to chapter select and go to the chapter that has missing collectibles.

Collectibles save to your profile, so it doesnt matter what save you are on, once you get them they are yours. So you can B-line for the card you missed. Once collected, quit to the main menu (or LOAD the complete game autosave). Keep in mind the game will create a new, different autosave for each chapter you jump into. I just deleted them every time I moved to a new chapter.

All you need to do is make sure to not delete the complete game autosave the game makes for you (it will remain unchanged as long as you dont delete it). It is marked predominantly. You will always LOAD this save when going for missing collectibles, simply because it will have all chapters available to choose.

If you are going for all upgrades, that is a bit different. You NEED to play the game through again (on NG+). Pills and scrap do not save to your profile and require you to replay through if you want to get all stat and weapon upgrades. You will need to play between 1/2-2/3 of the game a 2nd time to get enough items to fully upgrade.

Last edited:
Ok, so here's my situation. I have 1 card left in Seattle Day 1 that I missed early and I can't go back and get it. Does that mean I should just plow thru that chapter (without bothering with the other collectables (which I already have)... and then when I'm finished with the game, manual save at the end and then go back to the start of Seattle Day 1 to collect that card?
See what Bad Religion Bad Religion said. If all you’re missing is that one card, I’d just go that one car and be done with it. If there’s more than one, follow what Bad Religion Bad Religion said to the tee.

Not sure how I feel about the PS5 box-art template but it makes sense given the console is mostly white. It'll grow on me I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom