The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Did you guys pick up any accessories yet?

I grabbed an extra DualSense, PULSE Headset and camera. I don’t even know if I’ll use the camera yet, but if I do, y’all make sure to hit that follow and subscribe button :lol:

extra dual sense and charging station...still thinking on the headset hopefully I can use my hyper x clouds

Also I would like to see a premium material ps5 model down the line. Would pay top dollar not talking about gold plated either. Metal, steel, ceramic or wood casing

ps5 design is so fire !!! way different than any of the past models, ya'll trippin !! stop being so boring lol

Screenshot_2020-09-19 gaudy - Google Search.png

lol gaudy

one of my favorite criticisms is "overdesigned" as if people even understand its design without even seeing the inside

if this thing is designed by sumii which i think it is, its designed with purpose

lol gaudy

one of my favorite criticisms is "overdesigned" as if people even understand its design without even seeing the inside

if this thing is designed by sumii which i think it is, its designed with purpose

I don’t think anybody here said it’s over designed. And we don’t need to see the inside to see it’s ugly. Those fins are tacky. It’s an outdated ugly design To be displayed in your home for years. They needed bang and olufson to help them out. They make great modern simplistic and extravagant designs that pay homage to the past while moving design forward in tech and aren’t offensive to the eyes. this is the home decor geek in me talking tho and at the end of the day if it plays games I dont care.

lol gaudy

So I have to see the guts first before saying that I personally don't find the outside to be visually appealing?

Weirdo logic

I don’t think anybody here said it’s over designed. And we don’t need to see the inside to see it’s ugly. Those fins are tacky. It’s an outdated ugly design To be displayed in your home for years. They needed bang and olufson to help them out. They make great modern simplistic and extravagant designs that pay homage to the past while moving design forward in tech and aren’t offensive to the eyes. this is the home decor geek in me talking tho and at the end of the day if it plays games I dont care.

you say outdated and 10 year old alienware, im interested in seeing those

bang and olufson probably would have put out the same "techno" "sleekness" that that other company did to impress all the sheep, less is more right? simple is good right? it should blend in as an after thought right?

nah, **** all that

bang and olufson probably would have put out the same "techno" "sleekness" that that other company did to impress all the sheep, less is more right? simple is good right? it should blend in as an after thought right?

nah, **** all that
yes it should blend in to your home when it’s a HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM. And it can be simple and futuristic. Sony is releasing a ugly console that will look terrible displayed in many peoples home. It will play awesome games I’m sure and that’s what everybody wants from it but from a pure design perspective it is ugly. If it didn’t have those fins it would look 1000x better. Series x while a plain Jane will look better displayed in most people homes.

Reactions: MVP

nah, **** all that

Please wait until you see a teardown before you form an opinion on it's appearance

Sounds like you might not "understand it's design"

Please wait until you see a teardown before you form an opinion on it's appearance

Sounds like you might not "understand it's design"

thats the thing, there's been a lot about the ps5 that people have failed to "understand" and i love it

825gb? why not 1tb?
what's 5.5 gbs going to accomplish other than less time spent on loading screens?
36 CUs at 2.23 ghz? why so few? why so high? why not 52 at 1.8 ghz?
controlled clocks? why not consistent clocks?

i dont claim to understand or even hate the design, im just intrigued by it because i know they didnt just stick racing stripes and speed flaps on a box

everything about the ps5s design is fascinating

thats the thing, there's been a lot about the ps5 that people have failed to "understand" and i love it

825gb? why not 1tb?
what's 5.5 gbs going to accomplish other than less time spent on loading screens?
36 CUs at 2.23 ghz? why so few? why so high? why not 52 at 1.8 ghz?
controlled clocks? why not consistent clocks?

i dont claim to understand or even hate the design, im just intrigued by it because i know they didnt just stick racing stripes and speed flaps on a box

everything about the ps5s design is fascinating

fascinating it is. But they missed the mark imo. Those fins are the biggest problem not the color or shape. They gotta go on the slim and pro models.

The design of the PS5 is dope as hell to me. And I’m glad that it’s not black. Every console that releases is black and I like that this is different (and not in a bad way). The prototype PS3 controller for example was different in a bad way. It tried too hard to look “futuristic” just because. I like the more modern take of the PS5. But then again, I think the Cybertruck is dope as hell too so take my opinion with a grain of salt :lol:

What are some good places to pre-order games that give some kind of discount?
Are you looking to pre-order PS5 games? I doubt you're going to find a ton of deals on PS5 stuff since it's brand new and the hype is high. Everything sells decent at the launch of new generation. Shoutout to Knack :lol:

Back
Top Bottom