**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Anyone wants to buy this coat size medium NWT
1CCD7BF1-D142-4DBB-B394-E3E93C9BC040.jpeg

Not sure what to expect...

IMG_6708.jpg

Never heard of Palace until news of this release broke. These items are actually quite nice, even with the fact that this collab upsets so many og's/loyalists. The loafers are clearly the take-down Polo versions since the logo is a sewn patch instead of being embroidered into the shoe, but they are good overall. And the silk/rayon fabrics coming back is a very good look for the shirts, but the pants are overkill. RL is going to make a lot of money with this one from advertising alone; Selling the product is a bonus for the Corp. I'm sure that RL will release their own Polo retro versions in the Spring to capitalize even more of the silk/rayon fabrics.

Yeah I heard of them they just like any skate shop (more on the posers side of things) that’s been around,I’m pass on this. Imo it cheapens the legacy of RL.I read a GQ article that even solidified my opinion on this
Even more.

Im seeing some dudes in the reddit fashion subs seeming cool with the Palace collab. I come here and everyone ****ting on it. But we'll see how it turns out 'preme x LV wasn't for me except for one piece. Tommy x KITH was lazy as hell but cool with me cuz it was more Tommy

Im seeing some dudes in the reddit fashion subs seeming cool with the Palace collab. I come here and everyone ****ting on it. But we'll see how it turns out 'preme x LV wasn't for me except for one piece. Tommy x KITH was lazy as hell but cool with me cuz it was more Tommy
Reddit has an /r/Polo section??

Not my picks.
DA1A252B-9855-4E1B-A0AE-C92DC4DC9BA8.jpeg
3AE02A45-0A48-46F3-A97B-46F5901EFEC4.jpeg

@supermanblue79 @showideez @jamesjyers a skate shop from the uk colabs to bring back out a woman’s silk classic just to have there name attached...ehhh.why not just link up w/ blades or skate shop of Florida??? Lmao. For the youngings and “just starters” just so you know this is the original silk equestrian blouse that you are looking at.one of Ralph’s most classic pieces on the woman’s side of things (truth be told most of Ralph flyest classic iteams are woman’s and kids) just like the crown set from the summer (cp line) it was basically a woman’s silk blouse.
B527B24E-CA33-44DF-BC86-729D8F32176E.jpeg

Looks like they made a jacket to by looking at the cuffs.
A yo @bklyn style baby I hope when they retro the Rasta tank top they do things F***king right!!

Last edited:
Yeah I heard of them they just like any skate shop (more on the posers side of things) that’s been around,I’m pass on this. Imo it cheapens the legacy of RL.I read a GQ article that even solidified my opinion on this
Even more.
Link to the article, I think the collaboration is weird in general but I’m holding judgement till the see everything first. I’m just surprised any of the publications would put out something negative about a hyped *** release (even though I feel some the people behind them might not **** with **** but they stay quiet to not burn bridges)

Link to the article, I think the collaboration is weird in general but I’m holding judgement till the see everything first. I’m just surprised any of the publications would put out something negative about a hyped *** release (even though I feel some the people behind them might not **** with **** but they stay quiet to not burn bridges)
No GQ had some dumb *** writer state things like how place is as influential when it come to lo/polo culture or whatever same as lolifes or those that really put rl up on a next level to the world.the Hamptons and “upper crust” did not and could not do what billions of dollars of free advertisements do what the nyc streets did.
https://www.gq.com.au/style/news/wh...e/news-story/b3d32c81ac2e397152bdd8e02c5467c3

The way it’s worded just annoyed the **** outta me.And it also states that Tom Gould (who is a good friend and fantastic photographer he did pretty much all the retro ads that you see or will see coming) that the collaboration that thirsting howl the third aka vic -lo (the Brain child) and Tom (the lo loving photographer) made the book “bury me w/ the lo on” (great addition to any coffee table book addition I may add) takin from the title of one thirst many songs. All the footage that you see is from the library of one of the original double L’s HAZE LO. It deeper than lo,These thing don’t mean jack to most of the new generation that don’t mind the vultures that like to rewrite there history (insert this into any faction of life) hell they like to party and do drugs w/ the same ones that’s erasing your invention or contribution to society big or small.
http://burymewiththeloon.com/
Watch the min movie(footage from HAZE’s archives) that was shown throughout the book launch and signing a few years ago.

Last edited:
No GQ had some dumb *** writer state things like how place is as influential when it come to lo/polo culture or whatever same as lolifes or those that really put rl up on a next level to the works.the Hamptons and “upper crust” did not and could not do what billionsof dollars of free advertisements do what the nyc streets did.
Lo lifes and ogs need to get off their high horse though. Polo was big before them and will continue after them. They never designed any of the clothes...they just stole..dont get me wrong i love the stories and everything but the brand was already popular..thats why they stole it in the first place. Now if the brand was totally dead in 1988 and lo lifes brought the brand back from the dead—stealing it or not..then they would deserve more credit. But its 2018 and i dont see any lo lifes modeling the clothes..look at the 50 anniversary not a lo life in sight. All i saw was a bunch of young black, white well put together people that proabaly wouldnt rob you.

Lo lifes and ogs need to get off their high horse though. Polo was big before them and will continue after them. They never designed any of the clothes...they just stole..dont get me wrong i love the stories and everything but the brand was already popular..thats why they stole it in the first place. Now if the brand was totally dead in 1988 and lo lifes brought the brand back from the dead—stealing it or not..then they would deserve more credit. But its 2018 and i dont see any lo lifes modeling the clothes..look at the 50 anniversary not a lo life in sight. All i saw was a bunch of young black, white well put together people that proabaly wouldnt rob you.
Everything you wrote let’s me know and prove you don’t have a clue what your taking about your going off what you think you know and half truths. It’s deeper than just polo clothes.

What y’all think of the hi tech kayak long billed hats? Goofy? Found one on sale but can’t decide

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom