**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I actually forgot the BF sale was 50 not 40.. I got it mixed up with the .com but yes I agree.. if you can snag a 30% while stuff is marked down, that’s normally the best deal, no denying that

I personally havent been too impressed with what the outlet has to offer recently. Stuff like the mallard duck sweater I already had from BF last year.. would’ve been nice to get it for 50 less this year but you never know what items from this season will end up in the outlet next year

I actually forgot the BF sale was 50 not 40.. I got it mixed up with the .com but yes I agree.. if you can snag a 30% while stuff is marked down, that’s normally the best deal, no denying that

I personally havent been too impressed with what the outlet has to offer recently. Stuff like the mallard duck sweater I already had from BF last year.. would’ve been nice to get it for 50 less this year but you never know what items from this season will end up in the outlet next year

Outlets here been major weak all year. Not even worth the drive. I don’t really need anything but might go out of curiosity

Super weak at mine too. Its a 20 min drive so not terrible and I had to go up that way this past weekend to grab my wife a Christmas present so I stopped in. Pretty much just a bunch of stuff I have seen for way less throughout the year at other retailers. I ended up leaving with a cheap polo and 2 shirts for my son.

Super weak at mine too. Its a 20 min drive so not terrible and I had to go up that way this past weekend to grab my wife a Christmas present so I stopped in. Pretty much just a bunch of stuff I have seen for way less throughout the year at other retailers. I ended up leaving with a cheap polo and 2 shirts for my son.

Most lit outlet for me was on the Westside of Phoenix… an incredible selection and good sales… Las Vegas is not bad as well, both stores I’ve been to I liked…

That wasn’t the point. The Outlets here been weak with no sales or 20-25% off. I think 30% for thanksgiving. Never has it been 50% off around Atlanta.

So 40 off then another 20 is in fact a big deal. Hence my comment they been on some B.S all year
Are Atlanta outlets different than the rest of the country? They should receive the same stock, operate on the same internal system and run the same sale cycles. The consistency between stores is how they're able to offer virtual shopping & country wide shipping. Black Friday was 50% off the whole store under a month ago. It's really a pretty easy retail system to game:

1. Check https://www.poloralphlaurenfactorystore.com/us/en every so often for new arrivals
  2. Screenshot items to save UPC codes & approximate dates items get added
  3. If you aren't sure of sizing go into outlet when it's new & full price to figure out your size - I'm sure you could call and have them give you measurements too.
  4. wait 3 to 4 months (typical time at MSRP before clearance) then call an outlet not in NYC (or Atlanta) and have them ship it to you for clearance + 30% + 30% if you can.

The closest outlet is an hour away for me and there's 12 across all of Canada compared to 174 in the states, if it's that easy for me it should be way easier down south.

The 50% off during black Friday was weak because the whole store was marked up… but these last few weeks they had 40 off almost the entire store plus the 30% off and some stuff was marked down… I wanted the sherpa but it didn’t look like it was on sale so I passed… I will look again next week… but ended up copping the tiger varsity it just shipped today from another store and a multicolor zip up jacket… I’ll take pics once I get the varsity in…I wanted the navy bubble polo ski jacket but I’ll wait until it drops in price more… I think it was 165 yesterday…

The only time you're gonna get a 40-50% off outlet sale is during the holidays, otherwise it's the standard 20-30%. But you get end of season markdowns + % sales + coupons and you should be able to get some steals, will they still have your items/size in stock by then is the question.

Generally speaking, outlet stock is trash. Best bet is to find the items from the .com that were sent to outlets. No one should be paying more than 50% of the tag at outlets. All that stuff is marked up so they can mark it down. Hoody ended up being about 73% off the tag.

1000008066.jpg

The only time you're gonna get a 40-50% off outlet sale is during the holidays, otherwise it's the standard 20-30%. But you get end of season markdowns + % sales + coupons and you should be able to get some steals, will they still have your items/size in stock by then is the question.

Generally speaking, outlet stock is trash. Best bet is to find the items from the .com that were sent to outlets. No one should be paying more than 50% of the tag at outlets. All that stuff is marked up so they can mark it down. Hoody ended up being about 73% off the tag.

1000008066.jpg
Agreed 💯 you could go further and say no one should pay more than 50% of the tag for any PRL they way they’ve been inflating their prices.

All the details might be the same but that hoodie will likely have a different production date than the ones available from the .com last year. They’ll do a separate larger production run for outlet items even if details and quality are kept the same.

Are Atlanta outlets different than the rest of the country? They should receive the same stock, operate on the same internal system and run the same sale cycles. The consistency between stores is how they're able to offer virtual shopping & country wide shipping. Black Friday was 50% off the whole store under a month ago. It's really a pretty easy retail system to game:

1. Check https://www.poloralphlaurenfactorystore.com/us/en every so often for new arrivals
  2. Screenshot items to save UPC codes & approximate dates items get added
  3. If you aren't sure of sizing go into outlet when it's new & full price to figure out your size - I'm sure you could call and have them give you measurements too.
  4. wait 3 to 4 months (typical time at MSRP before clearance) then call an outlet not in NYC (or Atlanta) and have them ship it to you for clearance + 30% + 30% if you can.

The closest outlet is an hour away for me and there's 12 across all of Canada compared to 174 in the states, if it's that easy for me it should be way easier down south.

Not sure how else to say this. Outlets here have been trash, sales have been minimal and I’ve had better luck in other cities this year. Maybe I missed our 50% off sale because it’s been TRASH so I don’t pay nearly as much attention anymore.

I’ve been hitting outlets since 1997 or so in college. So no, not new to this. I’ve noticed a steady change where “outlets” have turned more into another retail store.

Been at it so long I remember when “Chaps” was hot in Atlanta lol…

Agreed 💯 you could go further and say no one should pay more than 50% of the tag for any PRL they way they’ve been inflating their prices.

All the details might be the same but that hoodie will likely have a different production date than the ones available from the .com last year. They’ll do a separate larger production run for outlet items even if details and quality are kept the same.

It definitely has a later production date. From what I can tell the printed graphics are lighter, which is common on the outlet items especially the graphic tees. Other than that, materials seem to be on par with the original tag. But you're right, gotta pay attention to these items cause RLs tricky with the outlet takedowns.

Not sure how else to say this. Outlets here have been trash, sales have been minimal and I’ve had better luck in other cities this year. Maybe I missed our 50% off sale because it’s been TRASH so I don’t pay nearly as much attention anymore.

I’ve been hitting outlets since 1997 or so in college. So no, not new to this. I’ve noticed a steady change where “outlets” have turned more into another retail store.

Been at it so long I remember when “Chaps” was hot in Atlanta lol…
You're right. The new pricing structure has converted the Factory Stores to replacements for the brink and mortar Flagship Stores that were closed a few years ago. Last year's collections are now offered a year later at full MSRP. There are still great sales, like the mallard sweater, but a lot of buyers get caught in Ralph's shell game, paying more today for last year's items than they would have paid for them last year.

When I go into my outlet they're like "Hey, thanks for coming in. Today we've got buy one get one 5% off on all returned, defective, damaged, off-season, girls, big and tall seconds today". I just feel like, is this actually an outlet?

The outlets are mostly boring lately, but the true “wins” at the outlets are when you’ve got one located near a primary RL mansion.

Only know of the one near me, but I’m sure this exists elsewhere….

Ralph Lauren has a big mansion store on Michigan Ave in Chicago.

They don’t like to discount the purple label stuff too outwardly in the store. They’ll do it, but they hide it a bit…

When they’d have stuff left that needs to be clearances out, they’ll put it on a rack in the polo section…. But primarily they end up sending it to the Rosemont outlet.

The best deals at outlets are when they get these deliveries…

As the purple label stuff will already be heavily marked down, and the store discounts apply to the purple label stuff as well.

My best but ever was getting one of these pieces at an outlet….

Got a Purple Label overcoat, full length, 100% cashmere, cream colored. MSRP would be $4-5K these days, but back then… it was tagged $2500.

Was marked down to $500.
The outlet had 50% off everything in store.
Walked out with one for $250!

I was so dumb… I only bought 1. Someone made a killing buying out the 6 remaining… they had just come in that day.

Edit:
Anyone been to polo in rosemont, aurora, gurnee lately and seen any Purple Label?

The outlets are mostly boring lately, but the true “wins” at the outlets are when you’ve got one located near a primary RL mansion.

Only know of the one near me, but I’m sure this exists elsewhere….

Ralph Lauren has a big mansion store on Michigan Ave in Chicago.

They don’t like to discount the purple label stuff too outwardly in the store. They’ll do it, but they hide it a bit…

When they’d have stuff left that needs to be clearances out, they’ll put it on a rack in the polo section…. But primarily they end up sending it to the Rosemont outlet.

The best deals at outlets are when they get these deliveries…

As the purple label stuff will already be heavily marked down, and the store discounts apply to the purple label stuff as well.

My best but ever was getting one of these pieces at an outlet….

Got a Purple Label overcoat, full length, 100% cashmere, cream colored. MSRP would be $4-5K these days, but back then… it was tagged $2500.

Was marked down to $500.
The outlet had 50% off everything in store.
Walked out with one for $250!

I was so dumb… I only bought 1. Someone made a killing buying out the 6 remaining… they had just come in that day.

Edit:
Anyone been to polo in rosemont, aurora, gurnee lately and seen any Purple Label?

Nice post. I forgot to mention the outlet in Nashville was amazing. Like you picked up some purple label ridiculously cheap. Massive store, great sales including big and tall section. I’ll peep Chicago next time i’m up.

Back
Top Bottom