**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

There were many times I left the outlets disappointed and found as good or better deals at retailers with items on sale or clearance. I don't go often anymore thou, I usually try to go around Black Friday now. The last time I went to Woodbury and got a great deal, was fall 2008. That's when the released that Switzerland winter cup series....but was only able to rack up stuff for my daughter. But relatively speaking you could find plenty of deals in my home state or online. But then again I've always been picky.

I mentioned this before, but in NYC... SYMS, BCF and Century 21 was the best spots to get deals on really exclusive polo, this was when you had to be 21 to get in, except for Burlington I think you needed to be 16. I had such a baby face in HS, I could never get in without my mother...all my other friends had enough facial hair to slip on through...after about 1995 or so, they dropped the age restriction...half the employees at Syms knew me, I shopped there so often.

Last edited:

Yo, this is wild regular but that material looks incredible lol

Sidenote : 50 is the worst dresser in hip hop, him and eminem

You never watched video music box?

Speaking of that, Crazy Sam was OD funny
Video Music Box was the only source I had back in the day to watch music video, I didn't have cable either.
Other then Zhigge, KRS (outta here), Gangstar (DWYCK), Wu Tang (Cream) I'm drawing a blank on any other past hip hop videos featuring notable pieces

I work at the outlets, brothaman, so my Ralph situation is straight as hell. 50% off all online purchases. You're right about the factory stores sometimes lacking in the hotness, but the Spring collection was pretty dope this year and I expect greatness from Fall 2014.

As far as factory prices for regular customers go, you can certainly get away with a steal if you play your cards right. Dedicated customers don't usually go three weeks without getting an awesome transaction percentage off coupon in their emails. The deals are pretty good at my store too; lots of times clearance is an additional 30% off or something like that--and we have ********s of clearance.

If all of that fails, chances are, if you ***** at a cashier hard enough the managers will probably help you out anyway. It's not cool, but I've seen it happen enough times :smh:

I'm probably not as dedicated a shopper as you guys in this thread are, so I'm probably missing out on a lot of great things. As frugal a guy as I am, I just prefer to let my discount do the talking and get all my clothing from my employer wholesale. When I get another job I'm probably gonna still try and snag Ralph for the low, but it will be a lot more difficult

It also depends if you're local. I have to drive at least an hour to an outlet, but have a ton of Macys, etc. at my fingertips, so despite trying to stay updated on inventory, if I go to the outlets, I'm rolling the dice, hoping I get a day with a good spread, the right sizes for me, etc.

Plus, in the back of my mind, the outlets always compete against the un-recapture-able Eden they once were, with 39.99 Tennis Spell out rugbys, buckets of mesh side Flag hats for $10, 69.99 Bear knits.

It's a matter of taste too, and it depends on what flavors of the brand float your boat.

The outlets are hit or miss; more of the latter. Have wanted to venture up to Woodbury for some time, but don't want to waste said time on stuff I could have got at Lord & Taylor or Macy's.

Yeah, going to the outlets used to be like a freaking holiday for me. Woodbury, Secaucus, Lancaster. ...Invest cheddar in shopping sprees in Reading and all that. Now, you got an army of rugrats and enterprising soccer moms living in front of NIKE because junior's "source" heard they may be releasing some hideous CW retro.

You never watched video music box?

Speaking of that, Crazy Sam was OD funny

For a while, Crazy Sam lived in the building next to mine, in Jackson Heights. He'd even go kick it at the park occasionally. Dude may have been the worst basketball player I've ever seen. :lol:

Sidenote : 50 is the worst dresser in hip hop, him and eminem

This could be topic that could entertain for a while!!

Video Music Box was the only source I had back in the day to watch music video, I didn't have cable either.
Other then Zhigge, KRS (outta here), Gangstar (DWYCK), Wu Tang (Cream) I'm drawing a blank on any other past hip hop videos featuring notable pieces

Can it Be All So Simple, you mean. Not CREAM.

The CLIMB tee and Wildlife rugby in the cut at the beginning of shook ones.

River Rapids rugby on Puba in the Watch the Sound video.

There's a 7-patch in Jeru's Come Clean video.

I have a bunch of screen shots on my computer at home.

Last edited:
Can it Be All So Simple, you mean. Not CREAM.

The CLIMB tee and Wildlife rugby in the cut at the beginning of shook ones.

River Rapids rugby on Puba in the Watch the Sound video.

There's a 7-patch in Jeru's Come Clean video.

I have a bunch of screen shots on my computer at home.

I stand corrected, this what happen when I'm helping my 6 yr old with her HW.
No way I should've forgotten Puba....he made that Alpine rugby famous

Last edited:

Macy's Herald Square has a bunch of Denim&Supply for 65% + 20% off original price, and Polo for 75% + 20% off original. 
Anything good Polo-wise? Same stuff that was there last week, but less of it?

Did they drop the Beacon stuff from 50 off to 75? ...It's on my way home from work, so maybe I'll peek in for the hell of it.
I can only comment on RLX joints. They had a couple of 1/4 turtleneck tech pullovers and this one camo tech zip-up hoody.

Few button downs too. 

I stand corrected, this what happen when I'm helping my 6 yr old with her HW.
No way I should've forgotten Puba....he made that Alpine rugby famous

True, but that was on a Yo MTV Raps appearance, as opposed to an actual video.

There's a Father MC video where one of the dancers is rocking Stadium plates too.

Gotta start jogging my memory now.

I can only comment on RLX joints. They had a couple of 1/4 turtleneck tech pullovers and this one camo tech zip-up hoody.

Few button downs too. 

Cool. Thanks for the info.

True, but that was on a Yo MTV Raps appearance, as opposed to an actual video.

There's a Father MC video where one of the dancers is rocking Stadium plates too.

Gotta start jogging my memory now.
Cool. Thanks for the info.

The Yo Mtv rap appearance thou not an official video, it is the only video representation of that song I know of, I can't recall the father mc video.
BIP got me chasing down videos on YouTube haha

Haha, Middy. Aight, I'ma go in for you.

Some of these I snapped myself, some were taken from the old VGA threads

Jeru - D-Original

BIG - Juicy

Black Moon - How many MCs

Father MC - Everything's Gonna Be Alright

Corey McKay - I Shot Ya Remix

Puba - Watch the Sound

Puba cameo in Flow Joe

Lil Vicious cameo in Dougie Fresh's Aight

Kid Capri in Dwyck

Fu-Schnicken - Tru Fu Schnick

MC Cor again - II D Extreme - You Got me Goin'

The Dogg Pound and Lady of Rage - Puffin on Blunts

The CLIMB tee had been spotted in the Shook Ones video by many...

but it took Post's eagle eye to find the Wildlife joint tucked away in the background

Although I kept it to videos til this point, here's the Alpine pic

Bonus - not a video oviously, but this pic is so dope. Superbad Solace and Hess with Puba... talk about What Goes Around...

Last edited:
BIP, with the video archive....I'm surprised you didn't add the Wu Tang "can it be all so simple" maybe too obvious haha
Just though of one, ATCQ Q-tip ( Award Tour) rocking the "polo sport" blue label jacket, it's kinda hard to catch, but because i actually owned that jacket It wasn't too hard for me.

Nice Stash nice [emoji]128077[/emoji] and the socks [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji].

There were many times I left the outlets disappointed and found as good or better deals at retailers with items on sale or clearance. I don't go often anymore thou, I usually try to go around Black Friday now. The last time I went to Woodbury and got a great deal, was fall 2008. That's when the released that Switzerland winter cup series....but was only able to rack up stuff for my daughter. But relatively speaking you could find plenty of deals in my home state or online. But then again I've always been picky.

I mentioned this before, but in NYC... SYMS, BCF and Century 21 was the best spots to get deals on really exclusive polo, this was when you had to be 21 to get in, except for Burlington I think you needed to be 16. I had such a baby face in HS, I could never get in without my mother...all my other friends had enough facial hair to slip on through...after about 1995 or so, they dropped the age restriction...half the employees at Syms knew me, I shopped there so often.

Didnt get out to the outlets much, but I was also a regular in those stores you mentioned. Worked DT from young, so Alot my [emoji]128176[/emoji][emoji]128176[/emoji] [emoji]128184[/emoji] went SYMS and Burlington. Few more that get honorable mention are: Tents&Trails. In HS They had my Jansport lit with strings. Copped my Helly Hansen from there when the raincoats buss. Loehmann's was holding it down too and those who knew were in Filene's. Those were the days before the online shopping experience. Grab your back pack and go on missions.

Had a chance to go hunting in NJ @ Macys for the Aztec Hoody with no luck. Selections were slim. Ended up grabbing this and some D&S camo.

@BIP Those Vids should be front page so the younging's see how it was. I remember when Ralph McDaniel's used to live around the corner from me. He used to come out to the block parties and promote VMB.

One of my favorite SYMS pick ups. The Foil paper Raincoat.

Good post, NoLo2Show

@BIP Those Vids should be front page so the younging's see how it was. I remember when Ralph McDaniel's used to live around the corner from me. He used to come out to the block parties and promote VMB.

Honestly, I'm glad that a lot of the gems that get dropped in this thread just live buried in some random page and aren't on front street. ...A lot of the veteran Lo community would say that I already share too much, just by talking about what colors certain things came in, or acknowledging items originally released overseas.

I spent years "showing the youngins how it was" on the sneaker tip, and what did that get those of us who did that? Those same youngins turned around and canibalized and ruined the whole culture.

Frankly, if this thread was moving 8 pages a day and all the youngins' eyes actually were transfixed here, I'd probably stop posting anything dudes from our era would care about, simply out of respect for the culture.

But, I like this mix here. I like that the vintage dudes have increased in presence, and that there are dedicated RL fans who rep different flavors and do that real proper too.

@NoLo2show I truly miss Syms, in its latter yrs I felt at time their polo section declined a bit. The best part of Syms was, there wasn't always a "Polo" section, you really had to search for items, they were all mix up, and that was the best part...I remember the "Polo Ball" jacket was in there for $30, I passed on it so many times. I remember when they had the satin USA jacket for $50, but I was broke, I was so tight. I also remember the 92 ski coat in BCF for $80, and I also passed on it then too (in my mind I though, 1993 is I a few months, I'm gonna look silly rocking this next yr). Filenes was cool, but WTC was the perfect trifecta

As far as Tent N Trails goes, with exception of one of my TNF backpacks, all my North Face came from Tents N Trail, and it wasn't on sale Lol, I got my backpack, Nuptse bubble and my Mountain Jacket from there, all on layaway Lol, I still own all that stuff till today...the Nuptse coat is a great investment, I have a small tear in it thou, may have to cop another, but the 90's version, I don't like the new ones that much.

Good post, NoLo2Show
Honestly, I'm glad that a lot of the gems that get dropped in this thread just live buried in some random page and aren't on front street. ...A lot of the veteran Lo community would say that I already share too much, just by talking about what colors certain things came in, or acknowledging items originally released overseas.

I spent years "showing the youngins how it was" on the sneaker tip, and what did that get those of us who did that? Those same youngins turned around and canibalized and ruined the whole culture.

Frankly, if this thread was moving 8 pages a day and all the youngins' eyes actually were transfixed here, I'd probably stop posting anything dudes from our era would care about, simply out of respect for the culture.

But, I like this mix here. I like that the vintage dudes have increased in presence, and that there are dedicated RL fans who rep different flavors and do that real proper too.

I really can't comment much on the sneaker game, or the current status...back in 03-04 I started getting in nike dunks, but because I like the simplicity of them, but then as I got a little deeper, I learned about SB dunk, limited editions and so forth, but for me it always been about "just get what you like, try not to worry about everything else" but I feel the sneaker companies play such a big role on capitalizing on the sneaker game. Polo not as much, even thou Ralph Lauren is aware somewhat of the Lo Head culture, I believe he or the company play little or nothing to capitalize or nurture the culture, which is good. If Ralph Lauren was like sneakers, he'd be releasing a Bear knit every other weekend...with Ralph Lauren less is always more. It's the opposite with sneakers, I've chosen not to be a part of the sneaker game, nowadays exclusive sneakers for me are leather converse haha

Syms and Tent-N-Trails :lol: :pimp:

Father had plenty of great stories and buys from those two places.

I honestly believe that if the lo craze went and captured the general pops attention RL would crank out vintage items the same way Nike/JB does. I'm glad its still niche...

I honestly believe that if the lo craze went and captured the general pops attention RL would crank out vintage items the same way Nike/JB does. I'm glad its still niche...
It stopped being niche long ago. The flood gates are about to open at RL...

Back
Top Bottom