**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Has anyone ever used RL paint? They make these suede paints that look amazing, was curious to see if anyone has experimented with it.

Has anyone ever used RL paint? They make these suede paints that look amazing, was curious to see if anyone has experimented with it.

Me. Did my whole house in RL paint 5 years ago. Did the indigo blue suede on an accent wall. Easy technique to apply but then again I am pretty experienced with painting.

Doesn't show up so well in the pic. Looks a lot better in person.

Last edited:
Pretty awesome

In an interview with Style.com Editor-In-Chief Dirk Standen, Ralph Lauren treated interested readers to an in-depth conversation about the state of the Ralph Lauren empire, including why he got rid of the Rugby brand, why Purple Label will always be superior to Black Label, and what his plans are for the future of the Ralph Lauren brand.

In the conversation, Standen referred to a rather infamous portion of Kanye’s interview with Sway during his Yeezus press run.

Kanye: You ain’t spent $13 million of your own money trying to create something!

Sway: You’re right Kanye, but I’ve spent hundreds of thousands on my own clothing line

Kanye: It ain’t no Ralph though, it ain’t Ralph level

Needless to say, Kanye was referring to legendary fashion designer Ralph Lauren, who had this to say about the now famous comments.

“[laughs] So an adjective. It’s very Ralph … That’s very cool. Well, that’s great. If I were to cater to Kanye, he would know that I’m catering to him. The fact that I make what I make—he gets it. He gets the quality and he respects it. And I think that’s the key, why I work all the time is to do that. That’s the fun.”

Dope

It's a pretty good interview, he mentions Rugby and why it closed and he loves RRL
Here's the link to full interview
http://www.style.com/trends/industry/2014/09082014-ralph-lauren-interview

Last edited:
I'm sure it is. I have a wool/viscose fitted Polo which looks to be the same material and construction and it fits like it should. Almost like a 59fifty.

I'm sure it is. I have a wool/viscose fitted Polo which looks to be the same material and construction and it fits like it should. Almost like a 59fifty.

For a while, I think they were sourcing caps from Cooperstown Ballcap Co, but I think that place went out of business of was maybe acquired by another company. If these are like them, that's good enough for me.

Pretty awesome

In an interview with Style.com Editor-In-Chief Dirk Standen, Ralph Lauren treated interested readers to an in-depth conversation about the state of the Ralph Lauren empire, including why he got rid of the Rugby brand, why Purple Label will always be superior to Black Label, and what his plans are for the future of the Ralph Lauren brand.

In the conversation, Standen referred to a rather infamous portion of Kanye’s interview with Sway during his Yeezus press run.

Kanye: You ain’t spent $13 million of your own money trying to create something!

Sway: You’re right Kanye, but I’ve spent hundreds of thousands on my own clothing line

Kanye: It ain’t no Ralph though, it ain’t Ralph level

Needless to say, Kanye was referring to legendary fashion designer Ralph Lauren, who had this to say about the now famous comments.

“[laughs] So an adjective. It’s very Ralph … That’s very cool. Well, that’s great. If I were to cater to Kanye, he would know that I’m catering to him. The fact that I make what I make—he gets it. He gets the quality and he respects it. And I think that’s the key, why I work all the time is to do that. That’s the fun.”

Dope

It's a pretty good interview, he mentions Rugby and why it closed and he loves RRL
Here's the link to full interview
http://www.style.com/trends/industry/2014/09082014-ralph-lauren-interview
great read.

@smoke, lovely paint

Last edited:
Dillards has them listed for big&tall size XL for $65...

Where else are they available?

Last edited:
RL big and tall iz no joke. I wear locs under their hats and their shirts and jackets got mad room too and I'm 6'7 barefoot [emoji]128522[/emoji] I'm feeling those hats too...

I just found a Ralph Lauren Polo I've been having for about 10 years in storage. Washed it and ironed and it still looks fairly new.

Me. Did my whole house in RL paint 5 years ago. Did the indigo blue suede on an accent wall. Easy technique to apply but then again I am pretty experienced with painting.

Doesn't show up so well in the pic. Looks a lot better in person.

I can see the detail, it looks amazing. I don't have any experience painting, was watching a video on the RL paint website that shows the technique .

Thanks fellas. It's not hard to do, just takes some time. Go for it. A little texture on the walls gives a room a lot of character. The faux techniques were really popular in the 90's and seem to be making a comeback...

When RL paint first dropped. They had a nice book with all their different paints and special "RL" branded brushes and sponge rollers in it with step by step tutorials on how to apply these different faux techniques.

Sorry if it's been answered, I peep the thread from time to time but not often. Anyone know what pants these are? Thanks dudes.

Sorry if it's been answered, I peep the thread from time to time but not often. Anyone know what pants these are? Thanks dudes.

Those are a very heavyweight pair of fleece cargos from a few seasons back. I love them, wish I would have bought 2 pair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom