**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

http://www.jomashop.com/polo-doorbu...pa&ref2=cj&utm_source=CJ&utm_campaign=1225267

In case you want to get your girl/wifey something. Ralph Lauren Sales Event up to 95% off....Womens, shirts and pants from $9.99....Sweaters from $14.99

Women only though
frown.gif

4FAMILY code is over

edit

they're still honoring it but it didn't work for me earlier today

Last edited:
When's the next big sale? Man, I want this RL sweater but I'm not paying $420 for it.

Bought 2 Indian Head patches

Free Shipping available until Dec 19th, 2012

RGBHOL12

to the ralphy lauren fans...

i'm thinking about joining the crew... i've always like polo, but the fact that people just went OD with it made me kind of go away from it...

its like, cats would rock the wackest stuff, and the yambs wouldnt eem mind as long as it was a polo...

all the hood boogers and hood dudes are leaning away from it... i'm its making me want to get into it more... (sounds lame, but meh)

its JUST a good quality of clothing and the prices are not as high if you catch sales...

can i become part of the polo famb?

:nerd: :nerd:

to the ralphy lauren fans...
i'm thinking about joining the crew... i've always like polo, but the fact that people just went OD with it made me kind of go away from it...
its like, cats would rock the wackest stuff, and the yambs wouldnt eem mind as long as it was a polo...
all the hood boogers and hood dudes are leaning away from it... i'm its making me want to get into it more... (sounds lame, but meh)
its JUST a good quality of clothing and the prices are not as high if you catch sales...
can i become part of the polo famb?
:nerd: :nerd:

Seeing as you're in Dallas (like I am), don't do it.

Hood dudes around here are still on this heavy.

Stick to the small pony pieces.

But that big pony $%#@, the hood is still on that.

Polo + Levi's 501 jeans + Air Jordan/AF1 = Hood dude uniform, at least in Dallas.

man I'm so pissed, the striped rugby came in and it's a damn vintage slim fit but it wasn't listed as such

I hate returning stuff

Anyone wanna come off of their XL maldon idianhead rugby or the indianhead shawl sweater? Im still mad they cancelled the items after i ordered them, both times
mad.gif

Also, if any of you guys are feeling those country gooses/vest/rugbys thats out now, Macy's is selling them half off everywhere. Even L&T is giving them away. Macys rep told me they got rooms of it

so you only buy expensive things that your friends would want to have?? it seems like you're just getting it cuz other people like it...for that price you could've gotten a piece that would last you longer and actually serve a purpose in the cold weather..

ehhh...

let him rock.

ive been to Lo Goose on the Deuce and there was wild cats who bought classic joints for wild bread... its the game of Vintage Lo now a days... me? i cant do it, tho...

i was joking. best bet is ebay on that crewshirt.
what money you saying, size?
yeah kinda crazy that all of it is 50% off now, and theres so many available in all sizes. but then again its the same design as the past few years so ppl probably either have it or are sick of it by now.
Also, if any of you guys are feeling those country gooses/vest/rugbys thats out now, Macy's is selling them half off everywhere. Even L&T is giving them away. Macys rep told me they got rooms of it

I personally don't do loud colors, I prefer my Beef n Broccoli...... and some fixins!
finally found MY size in the cord bike jacket, the leather vest was a must have (got a great deal in it), the olive cargos are from fall 08 and are amazing!... never knew they existed, the trapper cargos are SICK.. good thing I +1 sized up on the waist tho as they run slim (and apparently polo only made 1 in each size and only sold em online), found some beacon socks, the cotton vest is dope too, great deal on it, and the rest..... stocked up.

Anyone know if those Trapper Cargos are still available anywhere?

ehhh...
let him rock.
ive been to Lo Goose on the Deuce and there was wild cats who bought classic joints for wild bread... its the game of Vintage Lo now a days... me? i cant do it, tho...

But, you gotta crawl before you walk.

Look, I was kind of hard on the kid. But, much of that was due to his reaction when asked to state his reasons. It's not just that he bought a hyped up piece for a grip, it's where he bought it, the fact that he basically admitted to doing it to impress his friends, and basically wrote off any criticism basically because he "has the money."

He's new to the vintage thing. And, if he learns to appreciate the culture, the brand, and acquire the requisite knowledge on the humble, then he'll just look back on this as a rookie move and realize why the people who called him out did. Everybody makes rookie mistakes when they start something; that's to be expected. That's just a common foul, how you react is what determines if you get hit with a tech.

Every king was once a toy. From his reactions, I'm skeptical he'll evolve, though I hope he proves me wrong.

In the grand scheme of vintage knowledge - I don't know jack. But, I know enough to know how woefully incomplete my knowledge is. That's why when there's jewels being dropped, I keep my mouth shut and ears open for the most part.

BTW, thanks for the heads up on Macy's. Might stop by to check out the scene after work.

Last edited:
Its a different time now, and today's culture is different than what it was when these now vintage items were on store racks. I'm older than most of you here, and I can tell you that in the South, the movement never hit. All of these power pieces sat on racks and werent touched even ay heavily discounted prices. That said, I can understand why a guy from Texas would build his collection from the top down by buying on of the most recognizable polo pieces with no connection to the culture. Hes simply collecting. When we were coming up it was baseball cards, garbagepail kids, and comics....now kids collect Nike, Jordan, and Polo.

i went to my marshalls yesterday and they had a bunch of rugby stuff and also RLX..but it was all very ugly..
tired.gif

i was very disappointed but also happy that they will eventually get some good stuff too..keep your eyes peeled fellas..

also denim and supply is flooding TJ maxx for dirt cheap..i copped these military surplus material type pants for 25.99 and a polo rugby for 29.99.

happy hunting fellas!

Back
Top Bottom