**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Heads up to anybody that shops Ralph at Macy's. They're having a sale where you get 25% off if you pick-up your items the following day. I was able to cop a button up and a long sleeve sweater. I paid $50 for both. 

I grabbed two of these tees my last order think Imma just grab all the colors, simple quick fits and good quality. I wish the cargos were in a few more exciting colors like these like blue or neon greenish

Been on a Ralph Lauren frenzy lately. I picked these two up from Macy's clearance for $52 
pimp.gif

Better in which sense? don't really feel they can be compared honestly unless you just meant visually. A heavy wool/leather varsity versus the satin reversible jacket. The wool/leather varsity just showed up and the quality is amazing man, feels heavy also and rich. I have yet to snap pics though.

Better in which sense? don't really feel they can be compared honestly unless you just meant visually. A heavy wool/leather varsity versus the satin reversible jacket. The wool/leather varsity just showed up and the quality is amazing man, feels heavy also and rich. I have yet to snap pics though.
The satin version is better regarding the Looks and Versatility, but this isn't fact just my own opinion. I feel like the the version with the leather sleeves is nothing more than winter RRL overstock with a patch and rib knit trim added. The two are alomost identical.

I agree with you; the leather sleeved version is great quality, but I think that more went into the design of the satin version, and having three colors instead of two colors, plus the option of the reversible side just appeals to me more.

Last edited:
I never noticed how similar the first two jackets are, and I barely paid any attention to it at all, the winged piston came across as a to more sporty and true to varsity aesthetic. RL rarely gives us quality varsity jackets so thats why it caught my attention so much. The satin I do like, can't imagine flipping it to the navy side though, and I know its gonna be one or the other for me, both is overkill.

I never noticed how similar the first two jackets are, and I barely paid any attention to it at all, the winged piston came across as a to more sporty and true to varsity aesthetic. RL rarely gives us quality varsity jackets so thats why it caught my attention so much. The satin I do like, can't imagine flipping it to the navy side though, and I know its gonna be one or the other for me, both is overkill.
I'm in the same situation, I'm also only going to own one winged piston jacket. If you're going for quality/wieght of materials, then its a safe bet that the corded/leather version would be the one for you.

We have a knit version.

Last edited:
That satin version is tough, I'm not sold on corduroy varsity jackets just yet. I would love to get this for $200, not sure if that will be possible.

I was trying to find somewhere that said that hoody was hand knit, couldn't find it. The knit looks different on it, could be a good thing since previous knit hoodys stretched pretty badly. Not sure about that price, probably need to see it in person.

^You're right, the knit does look a bit different...more tightly woven. I'd be surprised if it's handknit though.
That $200 price point is a longshot, but I'm hoping people realize they don't need a $600 jacket during the summer and that theres a few left at sale time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom