**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

All of this. I want that jacket bad. I wasn't too fond of the color scheme at first, but it has grown on me.

The Royal/Yellow Bulldogs? pass. Wish they picked a different color scheme. Guess good for those that plan on getting the Laney 5's if they retro.

Last edited:

The sale is tempting, but I'm going to wait. I haven't been on the 1st-Fall-Sale Victims list in a few years. :lol:
Only way that I'm going in is if inventory starts shrinking on the two items that I want from this season.

Last edited:
rocked Low 2day, tennis bear tee on under usa n the patriotic true blew jordans

2012_09_18_22_02_35.jpg

Last edited:
Got the Rugby email, and apparently this is the code (RLGIVING12) for RL beginning on Thursday.

Great read.
The LL era didn't hit my city at all. I can remember what is are now classics sitting on clearance racks until they were shipped of to discount chain stores. We didn't start seeing RL until the mid 90s when guys from NY, PA, and DMV were brought to the area by their parents moving into the region.

Crazy how big that RL is now outside of it's intended consumer base because of a this group of people.

^ where u from?
to be honest, i'd never heard of the lo lifes til I got on NT...
but from the looks of it, and timeline of their existance, I may have been one lol.

"everyday is the same, it's allllll about the loot..i be kickin up dust in my polo boots"
its always been a "Memphis" thing to be drapped in lo.
any lo lifers on here?

The LL era didn't hit my city at all. I can remember what is are now classics sitting on clearance racks until they were shipped of to discount chain stores. We didn't start seeing RL until the mid early 90s when guys from NY, PA, and DMV were brought to the area by their parents moving into the region. Crazy how big that RL is now outside of it's intended consumer base because of a this group of people.
That is the truth, at least from where I come from. I'm from LA (Inglewood). RL isn't worn that heavily out here in LA. That's why I am able to get a lot of good stuff here with no problem. I told a few NTers that the sought after Japan Anorak sat on shelves for months on end out here in all sizes. It sat so long it went on sale. I got mine for 50% off. I appreciate the Lo Lifes and everyone down with RL and the movement.

^ where u from?
but from the looks of it, and timeline of their existance, I may have been one lol.
"everyday is the same, it's allllll about the loot..i be kickin up dust in my polo boots"
any lo lifers on here?
I'm from the South also, but Hilfigure was the strength in my region.

That is the truth, at least from where I come from. I'm from LA (Inglewood). RL isn't worn that heavily out here in LA. That's why I am able to get a lot of good stuff here with no problem. I told a few NTers that the sought after Japan Anorak sat on shelves for months on end out here in all sizes. It sat so long it went on sale. I got mine for 50% off. I appreciate the Lo Lifes and everyone down with RL and the movement.
I agree, and the LL are definitely appreciated for taking something that wasn't marketed for them and making it their own..
Polo is so heavy now, that the only thing that keeps the things that I want in stock is that I like the less popular items.

Last edited:
^ where u from?
any lo lifers on here?

I don't think you know the full story. It's more than wearing Polo b :lol:

Most Lo Lifes are at least 40

Thirstin still hasn't completed the documentary. That joints like Detox :lol:

Last edited:
Code TDot posted is confirmed.

Ralph Lauren Corporation will donate $100,0000 to the Pink Pony Fund of the Polo Ralph Lauren Foundation in Fall 2012. To learn more visit RALPHLAUREN.COM/PINKPONY

As a thank you for being part of the world of Ralph Lauren please enjoy this special offer of 25% off.

Polo, Blue Label, RRL, Childrenswear, Lauren, Denim & Supply, select women's Black Label, select Accessories and select Home.

Shop at Ralph Lauren stores and RALPHLAUREN.COM

When ordering online, please enter code RLGIVING12 at checkout.

Offer valid September, 27, 2012 through October, 8, 2012 at full-price US Ralph Lauren stores and online at RALPHLAUREN.COM. Offer not valid at Rolo Ralph Lauren Factory Stores or department stores. Discount cannot be combined with any other offers and cannot be applied to previously purchased merchandise. Offer does not apply to the purchase of special-order apparel and accessories, men's Purple Label or men's Black Label merchandise, women's collection or select women's Black Label apparel, select accessories, antiques, vintage items, fragrances, Ralph Lauren Fine Jewelry and Timepieces, Ralph Lauren Home lighting, hurricanes, floorcovering, furniture, fabric or wall covering, gift cards, applicable taxes or shipping and handling charges. Not valid for cash or equivalent.

Last edited:
Lo lifes are/were a brooklyn street gang, most famous for rocking/stealing polo in the 80s. To the genius who said "i think I mightve been one", pretty sure thats impossible if you grew up in Memphis. Also I think you guys might be exaggerating their influence a little bit... To say RL is popular in the urban crowd strictly because of the LLs is just incorrect. I mean look at what brands the hood was wearing in the 80s, MCM, Gucci, Izod, Lacoste etc, its only natural that RL was included too, and it was being worn by urban youths before/during and after the LLs were at their peak, often by kids who never heard of the LLs. There were also mad other Polo crews who in addition to the LLs, and hip hop media, helped popularize the brand 2 the urban generation. Im not tryin to downplay the LLs cos im cool with a bunch of those dudes and they no doubt had a big role in makin RL huge in the hood, also they were one of the first groups to rock/rack lo the way they did, but there were ALOT of other people/factors that went into making Polo popular to the urban kids @ the time/now, and im sure even thirst n rack would agree

Back
Top Bottom