**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

@jay you should of went back to the store with the OG piece to shut the guy up lol. the jkt fits me well. and you're right, a few stopped me asking about the jkt.

@krash, it was definitely a dope event, and i wasnt even able to stick around for the shows. i could feel the energy in the bldg, it was all love for Lifshiiitz. i hit up Dallas with the flicks and he said there may be a encore this summer. he's trying to get someone to headline the show, i dont want to spill the beans but you if you were to guess, you'd be right.

couple more flicks

Last edited:
lol u still kill me jay.Smh (since VGA r.i.p). What u miss was a dope show period!!! All acts killed there sets. I don't say that cause everybody on the bill are personal friends (befor rap/**** the Lo s...). And there was more than "one" rear pice in the building.Cats was changing up getups gettin ready for the Lo-goose on the Duce (my man switch up at lest four(4)times that I saw) thats s... we did on the regular ( as a first string 80's repper I never rocked the same getup all day but I digress) the hat u are talking about I think might be the rlpc(Lo crew) crowns they got made,idk. There was a few custys in the spot not many.as far as bobo Lo I was not tag checking lmao! Funny thing to was all of us that did this Lo thing from the beginnings was on light mode that night or had bags ready for the Duce joint(didn't go to tired had work the next day) there's picks up you just have to look :smile: ps I had nothing to do with the show. I did not take to many as I was running around meet and greet my people's (oh god to dam many). Jay it was a great turn out for what it was at this stage,I remember going to the first sneakercon and it was in the basement of a Lil church in soho $5 to get in...now $15( I know in NYC) and they take it all over. Same whit sneakerpimps it was not "the ****" at first (better then IMHO) but it grew!! Tonight it's in d.c. And next who knows!! I support my brother Dallas 10000% same as I do all my brothers and sisters doing the dam thing. Next time come on out have fun see a great show swap story's share history and the you can give a honest opinion. No hate jay just some food thought.

Krash, when I said that "..I didn't miss much", I meant it in a way that I was more interested in what was for sale, what vendors had to move, etc. I was more interested in what pieces could be acquired and from what pics I seen of what was available, then "I didn't miss much". I am not talking about the performances/show. Like I said, whoever went, I hope that they enjoyed the performances especially Mey and Timeless cuz they are good peoples. I am far removed from music that I don't "listen" to it like I used to but it's good to see Mey and Timeless have venues to showcase their talent.

The red stadium hat just looks "too brand new" to me. If it's real, then damn that's nice, but if it was a "custom", I wouldn't have replicated it as a copy but done it in a way that it show's it's a custom with some different aspects instead of copying it, cuz then we wouldn't even be discussing if the hat is a "knockoff". that's just my opinion. Even the red wool wooden ski knit is still suspect to me and it is basically why I keep that and the other colors of that knit out of my collection.

I am sure there might have been more rare pieces in the building, but maybe your view as "rare" is different from mine. I am really referring to Hova's sweatshirt as the actually rare piece. Remember, I'm new school Lo from mid 90's up to today. The '80's uni, cookie, polo usa pieces do not move me as much as the pieces from the era that I grew up in so I know how our views differ just like how our views differ from others in this thread regarding Polo.

It's nice to see that there was a good turn out for the event, but don't misconstrue me saying that "I didn't miss much" in a way that I'm downplaying the event. When Dallas was trying to get this organized the first time in 2010?, I was interested and believe me, I was contemplating on going this past Sunday, but I already had plans and had work the next day. Like I said to Polo Sport, it was dope that he rocked the RRL tiger varsity cuz I knew a lot dudes never saw it, or even saw it in person before and that's what's great when you get to see other RL pieces in person that you never seen. Props to Dallas if he can organize another event in the future.

When haven't I given an honest opinion?

finally took pics of my latest pickups

yoo wattup man.  prob don't remember me but i used to post over at VGA back in the day.  good seein you on here

peace, what did you post under on VGA? I have been on NT since 2005 and lurked a few yrs before. my post count on here is actually like 500-600 though, when NT switched over platforms, it took the total post count on the yuku server which basically combined my 2500 posts on VGA and 500 posts on NT lol.

peace, what did you post under on VGA? I have been on NT since 2005 and lurked a few yrs before. my post count on here is actually like 500-600 though, when NT switched over platforms, it took the total post count on the yuku server which basically combined my 2500 posts on VGA and 500 posts on NT lol.
hahah.. i was under "majestic dc5" on VGA and NT before, but when NT switched platforms, i had to change my username because i couldn't get my old one back.  i posted in the lo threads every now and then, but kept up mostly with all the face threads.  and of course, the buy/sell/trade thread before it got flooded with people jumping on the lo/north face bandwagon

i think i still have you on my aim buddy list hahah

Last edited:
From the looks of Penn's Blog site there may be a show In the California area. It'll be pretty sick to see a vast gathering of Cali Lo heads besides the handful I know.

hahah.. i was under "majestic dc5" on VGA and NT before, but when NT switched platforms, i had to change my username because i couldn't get my old one back.  i posted in the lo threads every now and then, but kept up mostly with all the face threads.  and of course, the buy/sell/trade thread before it got flooded with people jumping on the lo/north face bandwagon

i think i still have you on my aim buddy list hahah

no doubt my dude, i remember "majestic dc5". this is really the only thread online that stays active enough for polo discussion so i'm in here often.

wow, aim buddy list lol.

peace

Can anyone tell me how the Rugby polo's fit compare to the regular or custom fit Ralph Lauren polo's

I want to grab a couple polo's before the site shuts down, and don't want to get stuck with the wrong size

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Can anyone tell me how the Rugby polo's fit compare to the regular or custom fit Ralph Lauren polo's

I want to grab a couple polo's before the site shuts down, and don't want to get stuck with the wrong size

they fit similar to the custom fit polos. fitted in the shoulders and sleeves the back may or may not be longer. 

Call RL and get the measurement for the regular or custom fit in your size then call rugby and get the measurement for the item your interested in and compare, takes 5 minutes....

RIP to the rugby brand. It was fun while it lasted, but it kinda got stale. Seriously, how many arm stripe cardigans and stripe rugbys with a single crest can a person buy?

Back
Top Bottom