**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

The wool jacket is a decent weight you just have to get your correct size it does run slightly larger than other varsity jackets from rl i got xxl first then went with xl

What's your height/weight? I got xxl, wondering if it might be too big now. I'm 6ft 225 broad shoulders and wide chest chest

Measurements on the site for chest on xl are too small but from what yall are saying I dunno

What's your height/weight? I got xxl, wondering if it might be too big now. I'm 6ft 225 broad shoulders and wide chest chest

Measurements on the site for chest on xl are too small but from what yall are saying I dunno
I am gonna guess both XL and XXL will fit you. If you wanted to layer... XXL if you are not much into layering, maybe just a sweatshirt under the jacket = XL.

I am gonna guess both XL and XXL will fit you. If you wanted to layer... XXL if you are not much into layering, maybe just a sweatshirt under the jacket = XL.
I also don't remember RL normally offering XS in their jackets. On RL the XS is sold out (X'd out) but you CAN order XS on Macys. I feel like the fact that there are XS that were made in this model could have shifted the size grading up a smidge.

Just got my size M of the Denim Varsity in. The fit on the Denim Varsity vs. the Wool Varsity are night and day.
Size M denim fit me like every other RL size Medium I own.
Size M wool fit very large and bulky in the waist and quite long in the sleeves.
Definitely returning my wool, not sure if I will get the Small, but I am sure it will fit very close to the M Denim version.
FWIW I found a picture of Brooklyn Beckham (who appears to be around my size) so I am quite sure he is wearing a Medium.
Incidentally this little fukker has had this jacket since July 1, 2017 (maybe even sooner).

Attachments

• 810.jpg
    810.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 68
As much as I dislike animal images, everything else about that jacket is awesome. That's for sure.

So, now after reading some of your feedback in regards to the wool varsity jacket, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I'm a large in virtually everything, but now I feel like I should've ordered a medium. The large is already on it's way (which I only got 10% off on, by the way, and won't arrive until Tuesday, after this 30% off sale will be finished.

So, I can't even wait until it arrives to make an absolute decision to purchase one in a Medium at 30% off and just send the large back. The damn large could fit perfectly for all I know.

As much as I dislike animal images, everything else about that jacket is awesome. That's for sure.

So, now after reading some of your feedback in regards to the wool varsity jacket, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I'm a large in virtually everything, but now I feel like I should've ordered a medium. The large is already on it's way (which I only got 10% off on, by the way, and won't arrive until Tuesday, after this 30% off sale will be finished.

So, I can't even wait until it arrives to make an absolute decision to purchase one in a Medium at 30% off and just send the large back. The damn large could fit perfectly for all I know.
where did you get it from? if from rl just get a price adjustment or buy another for the sale price and return the 1st one.

I am 5’9,198...and I was able to try on both the medium and large. I went with the large, it fit me perfectly. Perfect length and sleeves fit me good. The medium length was almost the same but was way too snug under the arms. You should be fine with the large bro

where did you get it from? if from rl just get a price adjustment or buy another for the sale price and return the 1st one.
Got it from RL.com. I was under the impression they didn't really do price adjustments anymore.
I am 5’9,198...and I was able to try on both the medium and large. I went with the large, it fit me perfectly. Perfect length and sleeves fit me good. The medium length was almost the same but was way too snug under the arms. You should be fine with the large bro
Hmmm ... I'm 6'0" but I'm probably 30 pounds lighter than you. Not sure exactly how my frame changes the equation. So frustrating.

Looks like the bear crew neck sweater is out in some outlets as resellers on IG are starting to post them for sale

Final piece to the PRL Stadium puzzle: PWing crewneck. Missed couple times online for personal size XL. Did manage to cop a size L from last UK restock. Was told size down would work. See if Old Man can fit in.

IMG_2733.JPG
How does your pullover fit? I think im in the same boat as you were. Im an xl but got a large on the way.

Sales don't look to be changing for the weekend in regards to the factory store. However, Pink Pony Tote promo 25% off with purchase of $10 tote starts saturday. Pink Pony Bear shirt goes on sale tomorrow for all factory stores. As far as I know other than 1 store, Martini Bear sweaters and new Bear Fleece hasn't arrived yet.

Sales don't look to be changing for the weekend in regards to the factory store. However, Pink Pony Tote promo 25% off with purchase of $10 tote starts saturday. Pink Pony Bear shirt goes on sale tomorrow for all factory stores. As far as I know other than 1 store, Martini Bear sweaters and new Bear Fleece hasn't arrived yet.

Martini bear sweater is hitting the outlet? Smh.. I paid $150 for it during Macy’s Christmas sale last year and still haven’t worn it

Martini bear sweater is hitting the outlet? Smh.. I paid $150 for it during Macy’s Christmas sale last year and still haven’t worn it

Wouldn't be surprised if the fair isle bear ends up in outlets next year the way all these bear sweaters are ending up in outlets the year after release.

Wouldn't be surprised if the fair isle bear ends up in outlets next year the way all these bear sweaters are ending up in outlets the year after release.
This has always been the Factory Outlets of America formula.
I posted long ago the information I learned when I was HR at the Clinton store.
1 year following a full retail season, the best selling items are ported over to the Factory Outlets of American selling channel.
They are usually manufactured in different countries than the original full retail piece. Therefore besides the pricetag, the only difference between retail and factory product you SHOULD be able to spot is the country of manufacture on the inside label.
I think you can count on everything being in the outlets next year except the varsity jackets.... those we will see about. I never saw a style piece leather jacket get ported over to the factory level, since the varsity jackets are only 1/2 leather... I give these a 50/50 lol.

Called my outlet and they been selling the bear shirt since Wednesday lol. Same place that almost sold em to me this past sunday. She also said they still have a lot tho so won't bother going tonight.

Man the more I see pics of that western patchwork shirt the more its starting to grow on me...

:emoji_thinking:

Back
Top Bottom