**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Yes sirr

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180608_142335.jpg
    MVIMG_20180608_142335.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 39
Are all Macy's two item limit?

Anyone know which design bloomies will have and if it will also be online?

You guys see this.. List of partner sites
0827563B-83E0-493E-B4F5-01AE33B6F8BA.jpeg
In L.A. we have a total of 6 spots to get the collection. When I ran into the RL rep visiting from New York, he told me that the company was being strategic : only releasing product at the most profitable doors/cities. He was nice enough to whip out his ipad and show me the Hi Tech collection coming in the Fall and Ski in the winter 2018-19. He said the company will release product at a similar pace as CP-93: general release to department stores with limited edition to the high selling locations. He said the Ski/Sui will be super limited.

The new RL store at Beverly Center is a small footprint with two rooms that the company is testing: the front room has the retro collections and the back room has denim/polos/ and custom. It was cray the other day : mad dudes were getting the custom polos made on the spot (the bear and crest most popular) and super popular was patches being added to gear. I saw 3 guys having patches added to the striped Bayport windbreaker and the white lifesaver windbreaker.

In L.A. we have a total of 6 spots to get the collection. When I ran into the RL rep visiting from New York, he told me that the company was being strategic : only releasing product at the most profitable doors/cities. He was nice enough to whip out his ipad and show me the Hi Tech collection coming in the Fall and Ski in the winter 2018-19. He said the company will release product at a similar pace as CP-93: general release to department stores with limited edition to the high selling locations. He said the Ski/Sui will be super limited.

The new RL store at Beverly Center is a small footprint with two rooms that the company is testing: the front room has the retro collections and the back room has denim/polos/ and custom. It was cray the other day : mad dudes were getting the custom polos made on the spot (the bear and crest most popular) and super popular was patches being added to gear. I saw 3 guys having patches added to the striped Bayport windbreaker and the white lifesaver windbreaker.

Thank you for posting, great details!

Thank you for posting, great details!
No problem ,James. Thank you for all the info you willingly share even though others criticize. It's all for the culture we love.

Out here on the west coast, we have Lo heads BUT a lot of sales happen with tourists. At the Polo mansion in Beverly Hills, Bloomingdales and Macys, tourists will come in and pay FULL PRICE and buy an ENTIRE COLLECTION. Or rappers and athletes will walk in and say "give me everything you got in XXL". So local dudes have to compete with that. What the company is watching closely is sell throughs at full price. The doors with product selling out with no markdowns are where they want to be. The RL rep kept it 100 with me. And those doors will get exclusives/limited editions. Period. Bloomingdales in Bev Center has been their #1 dept store door ($20K-30K per month). The RL marketing team from New York flew to L.A. to see what the heck is going on. The Sailing collection is being released at about 15 Macys and 5 Bloomies across the country. The third party doors like Opening Ceremony /Urban Outfitters are RL attempt to go after millenials. This is strictly business y'all. RL has no emotion or love for any of y'all especially the Lo heads who have been rocking gear since the 1980s/1990s. They want new customers and new money!

Last edited:
No problem ,James. Thank you for all the info you willingly share even though others criticize. It's all for the culture we love.

Out here on the west coast, we have Lo heads BUT a lot of sales happen with tourists. At the Polo mansion in Beverly Hills, Bloomingdales and Macys, tourists will come in and pay FULL PRICE and buy an ENTIRE COLLECTION. Or rappers and athletes will walk in and say "give me everything you got in XXL". So local dudes have to compete with that. What the company is watching closely is sell throughs at full price. The doors with product selling out with no markdowns are where they want to be. The RL rep kept it 100 with me. And those doors will get exclusives/limited editions. Period. Bloomingdales in Bev Center has been their #1 dept store door ($20K-30K per month). The RL marketing team from New York flew to L.A. to see what the heck is going on. The Sailing collection is being released at about 15 Macys and 5 Bloomies across the country. The third party doors like Opening Ceremony /Urban Outfitters are RL attempt to go after millenials. This is strictly business y'all. RL has no emotion or love for any of y'all especially the Lo heads who have been rocking gear since the 1980s/1990s. They want new customers and new money!
He never cared in the past anyways. If he did now his perfect time was to give Rae some acknowledgement when he did the SB release. That’s crazy how they checking for sales release more heat at those locations

Wish I knew about that list earlier. Was in DC Thurs, now Ima have to go back later to see what's good. I feel like every city outside of NYC should be an easy kop, but there's Lo heads everywhere and the kids looking to flip outweigh them smh.

Quick question....did these release here in the states? Or was these 1 of those euro exclusives?

Attachments

• B8299BF4-48B9-40F3-8F34-EF5C5BEC9A95.jpeg
    B8299BF4-48B9-40F3-8F34-EF5C5BEC9A95.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 7
Wish I knew about that list earlier. Was in DC Thurs, now Ima have to go back later to see what's good. I feel like every city outside of NYC should be an easy kop, but there's Lo heads everywhere and the kids looking to flip outweigh them smh.
The RL rep said that each spot will receive 150 pieces. That includes Macys, Bloomies, and new partners like Commonwealth in DC. The only spots receiving more are the three RL stores (NY, Hampton, L.A.) The L.A. store gave out 350 raffle tickets. The store will be open to the public after 6:00pm. Hope this info helps.

UPDATE: The RL rep told me that the Hi Tech collection will start shipping in August and that Ski will ship in November. The goose jackets (Ski and Suicide) will be super limited. Otherwise Fall 2018 will be off the chain: he showed me varsity jackets and sweaters that will knock you out! Holiday will introduce new bear sweaters and blackwatch prints that will have you salivating.

SAVE YOUR MONEY. RL is quietly working on a deal with Macys/Bloomies/other dept stores to eliminate coupons/markdowns on RL products. I heard it from a credible source. I don't know how that will stop friends/family days but just a heads up for y'all. Ralph ain't screwing around anymore. They've been watching stuff sell out at full price AND reducing skus.I think they've cut back their product offerings by 25%. You will notice less gear filter down to Marshalls/TJ maxx because of this. RL will probably send leftovers to factory stores instead of off price discount chains.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the limited edition cp-93 pants are the same as the green ones from urban outfitters or the white ones up on zappos?

Same stuff just different colors, or are the yellow ones better in some way? (I noticed it said they had the retro polo tag, the white ones I got have the printed polo performance logo on the inside.)

Can't tell from descriptions of they are a different material, quality or what not. But the limited edition ones are more expensive.

5E5331B5-74E6-4009-8486-266CD3A6A246.jpeg
D09FF6EA-DD27-4CCA-8514-D27BD0FCBBC9.jpeg

The RL rep said that each spot will receive 150 pieces. That includes Macys, Bloomies, and new partners like Commonwealth in DC. The only spots receiving more are the three RL stores (NY, Hampton, L.A.) The L.A. store gave out 350 raffle tickets. The store will be open to the public after 6:00pm. Hope this info helps.

UPDATE: The RL rep told me that the Hi Tech collection will start shipping in August and that Ski will ship in November. The goose jackets (Ski and Suicide) will be super limited. Otherwise Fall 2018 will be off the chain: he showed me varsity jackets and sweaters that will knock you out! Holiday will introduce new bear sweaters and blackwatch prints that will have you salivating.

SAVE YOUR MONEY. RL is quietly working on a deal with Macys/Bloomies/other dept stores to eliminate coupons/markdowns on RL products. I heard it from a credible source. I don't know how that will stop friends/family days but just a heads up for y'all. Ralph ain't screwing around anymore. They've been watching stuff sell out at full price AND reducing skus.I think they've cut back their product offerings by 25%. You will notice less gear at Marshalls/TJ maxx because of this.

Yah they mentioned the focus on reducing discounting in their last company call. Think they'd be fine reducing topline if it meant an improving ebitda. Think they'll boost purple label discounting and reduce polo discounting via dept stores. Try to pull more fans up a notch with the good "deals" on purple label stuff... They basically doubled the prices of PL so when it's 50% off, it's the msrp from 2 years ago.

Saw some #s on production costs of items... Shockingly low for a lot of purple label. (Didnt factor in their marketing costs, obviously.. Which is huge chunk of cost for a fashion brand.)

SAVE YOUR MONEY. RL is quietly working on a deal with Macys/Bloomies/other dept stores to eliminate coupons/markdowns on RL products. I heard it from a credible source. I don't know how that will stop friends/family days but just a heads up for y'all. Ralph ain't screwing around anymore. They've been watching stuff sell out at full price AND reducing skus.I think they've cut back their product offerings by 25%. You will notice less gear at Marshalls/TJ maxx because of this.

I remember reading some articles around the time of the snow beach drop that mentioned they were eliminating discounts and taking merchandise out of some department stores.

Anyone know if the limited edition cp-93 pants are the same as the green ones from urban outfitters or the white ones up on zappos?

Same stuff just different colors, or are the yellow ones better in some way? (I noticed it said they had the retro polo tag, the white ones I got have the printed polo performance logo on the inside.)

Can't tell from descriptions of they are a different material, quality or what not. But the limited edition ones are more expensive.

5E5331B5-74E6-4009-8486-266CD3A6A246.jpeg
D09FF6EA-DD27-4CCA-8514-D27BD0FCBBC9.jpeg
RL is testing a strategy of "exclusives". You've often noted certain doors/retailers releasing product made for their brand. I noticed the UO and zappos are unique. If you look at the line item sheet for Macys exclusives, some colorways are not on there. The UO pants appear to be different: the green stripe seems to be a unique material. The CP-93 release on Tuesday will tell the real story: Macys will have their own style, Bloomies will have their own, etc.

The RL store in L.A. received only 3 CP-93 tote bags from the company. They saved one for me and I picked it up right away. I was shocked that the striped jacket sold out so fast everywhere. A highly coveted piece. Each visit to the store, people were buying them as well as RL employees :lol:.I got an XL and I'm going to go back and have the Polo "script" patch added to the back just below the collar. The custom guy makes items right on the sales floor while you wait. He has a sewing machine emerge from below a counter like something out of Star Wars. Very cool. The sailboat hoodie with the embroidery on the chest? They got plenty of them! Don't be fooled by RL.com reading "sold out". They had FSR on the floor and in the back. $165 I believe. A lot of items have been sitting in the stores in L.A.because dudes are holding out for the limited edition polos.

Last edited:
It's always been business. And things will get moved at discounts eventually. If you buy what you like and are patient, you'll come out with something every time. While everyone is looking the same like on the first day of school, fall back and cop what they ignored. That's what I've done for years.

Back
Top Bottom