**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

When I mentioned “polo elitist”, I’m referring to those who look down on people who wear/know only little or big horse polo, or re-retro collectors. Or people with limited collections/access/means ( I personally struck out on snow beach pullover, and settled for the CP 93 windbreakers). Collectors who judge the uninformed or misguided. When I see someone pieces together different collections, I may feel it doesn’t make sense, but that’s maybe all they have access too so ........... who are we to judge. Not everyone wants to go to The POLO Olympics in New York to stand in the middle of times Square in dingy/wrinkled 30 year old pieces trying to coordinate. Like 40% of “polo collectors” mash whatever they have together and don’t care about coordinating pieces. I see people mixing and matching different collections I feel don’t go together especially when they’re at opposite ends of the spectrum ( no coordination). But, I have also seen it work a few bear ve seen Ralph do it on the cat walk and on his website (Example: last year he had a guy in dress clothes and the 92 stadium jacket with the fur hood.

Also we have people at different stages of collecting, some people only collect polo three button and T-shirts. Some people like certain lines and only buy those pieces so they would inadvertently be coordinated.

I work with a guy who only has horse and bear polo and thinks he’s doing it his whole collection is casualwear lo. Sum people prefer only the horse and feel like the graphics that we wear our childish (suicide ski, climber graphics, biker graphics) and phrases too ( climb, track, kayak). And I know guys who feel like the horse is feminine.

I will admit I purchase retro/rerelease pieces, if I can find a classic piece DS, I will cop but I don’t want a sweater/jacket that’s on sum fat *** wore for 10 winters with stains and dingy cuffs.

On a small scale is like Jordan’s if you see somebody in team Jordans/fusions we may judge, But they may have preferred the air Jordan 11 Concords, but didn’t have access/means, and had to settle for the fusion Jordan 11/13‘s.

Word. And to keep it a buck, I've worn more Tommy than Polo when I was younger. I was inspired to get into Polo by a friend of mine who is a legitimate Polo aficionado. And i dig it and cop here and there but the worship of Ralph and all things Polo is kind of nauseating. Wearing Ralph head to toe, treating the man like Jesus himself. The only thing more disturbing than that are the over the hill mutha****as who act bougie if your **** didn't come out in 92. Middle aged people of color acting like buffoons over something some White Jewish man created decades ago for preppy White people. A sport most of y'all don't care for. A bunch of teddy bears like a teenage girl with braces would cry for. And the coup de grace, Polo Assassin is the official Polo sport sponsor. Again, Polo is dope but it's not my religion. I like to buy what I like and stay away from middle aged Polo gatherings in Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Dudes be letting out their deep seeded emotions(hate) for Ralph in this thread.:rofl:

I have had that debate with myself about age appropriate,brand loyalty,blah blah...

And I came to the conclusion I like Ralph’s designs and have grown accustomed to it.
I don’t feel like changing that. When I don’t like it I’ll switch up. But on and off for almost 25 years it has made me happy one way or another and given me a fashionable hobby. That also... besides when I used to rack... keeps me out of trouble.

And that whole race thing I never understood. Respect who you respect. I would never not give credit or deny inspiration from a person due to their race. I would hope others don’t limit themselves by doing otherwise. At the end of the day wear what you like.

And Tommy’s color schemes weren’t touching Ralph. Nautica > Tommy all day!!! Only thing I messed with Tommy for was racking to sell.
Puba made it look good though.

Edit: And those Polo meet ups seem to always spark peoples hate. Let them be happy. **** it bother you for?

DCC75788-1CF7-430D-8A73-D7C2FAF2E7B8.jpeg

Also only one 3m line not worth it

Dudes be letting out their deep seeded emotions(hate) for Ralph in this thread.:rofl:

I have had that debate with myself about age appropriate,brand loyalty,blah blah...

And I came to the conclusion I like Ralph’s designs and have grown accustomed to it.
I don’t feel like changing that. When I don’t like it I’ll switch up. But on and off for almost 25 years it has made me happy one way or another and given me a fashionable hobby. That also... besides when I used to rack... keeps me out of trouble.

And that whole race thing I never understood. Respect who you respect. I would never not give credit or deny inspiration from a person due to their race. I would hope others don’t limit themselves by doing otherwise. At the end of the day wear what you like.

And Tommy’s color schemes weren’t touching Ralph. Nautica > Tommy all day!!! Only thing I messed with Tommy for was racking to sell.
Puba made it look good though.

Edit: And those Polo meet ups seem to always spark peoples hate. Let them be happy. **** it bother you for?

Trump tariffs must be the reason we are paying higher retail for fast fashion clothing
Trump tariffs must be the reason we are paying higher retail for fast fashion clothing

If that the case then they definitely the reason the pics and the actual gear don’t match

Ha like I would risk getting any stains on my lo more like slow down baby I have to drape my fresh gear on the other side of the room first but I’m married and my wife knows not to mess with the lo

DCC75788-1CF7-430D-8A73-D7C2FAF2E7B8.jpeg

Also only one 3m line not worth it

I'm really feeling the sweat suit but $800 is crazy, even if their is 50% off sale $400 is still too much. Last year sweatsuit started at $450, and I snagged then for 220, and I still feel like I over paid. It's like Ralph saw everything he released last year go on sale because of market saturation ( multiple collections F/W 18), and then double the price of this year so we feel fortunate to catch items discounted (last year's retail).

If you release items and they sit the entire season and goes on sale, why would you the following year release carbon copies with new graphics and colors and raise the price.

$400 bear sweaters now $600 bear sweaters
$400 turtleneck now a $700 turtleneck
$600 windbreaker coat now into $800 coat
$400 sweatsuits now $800 sweatsuits
Last year's cardigan sweater $600 this year is $1000

Not excited for the stadium drop at all. Everything looks washed out and old.
Another long bill hat. Big deal. The red and black long bill has 3m. This is just wack navy blue.
Boring. To each his own.

Word. And to keep it a buck, I've worn more Tommy than Polo when I was younger. I was inspired to get into Polo by a friend of mine who is a legitimate Polo aficionado. And i dig it and cop here and there but the worship of Ralph and all things Polo is kind of nauseating. Wearing Ralph head to toe, treating the man like Jesus himself. The only thing more disturbing than that are the over the hill mutha****as who act bougie if your **** didn't come out in 92. Middle aged people of color acting like buffoons over something some White Jewish man created decades ago for preppy White people. A sport most of y'all don't care for. A bunch of teddy bears like a teenage girl with braces would cry for. And the coup de grace, Polo Assassin is the official Polo sport sponsor. Again, Polo is dope but it's not my religion. I like to buy what I like and stay away from middle aged Polo gatherings in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Nun of them dudes play golf, tennis or sniffed a horses behind LOL. Its funny

Mannnn....haven't picked anything up in a very long time. All the mixing up of the lines in the last few seasons + overkill on the graphics kept me and my pockets at bay for a while.

Before these two below, the red/blue Crossed Flags hoodie, and before that I'm pretty sure my last cop was the Tiger head shirt from the first run before they brought it back as a part of that 'limited edition' capsule.

19337E16-E5A1-4764-BADC-4967F4F343DD.jpeg
223ED4D3-BADD-4228-8531-5D30C9964C8C.jpeg

Popped up a year later (!!) around me. Wifey's got an MA-1 from a few seasons back so she wants me to keep it. Chain-stitching on the Rod & Reel is a really nice detail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom