**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 7.00.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 6.59.55 AM.png

Any leads?
Hasn’t released yet

Any tips on getting rid of the cop bend in the brim of the regular Ralph hats? Got an idea but will prolly need to experiment on beater from the bay
first.
20200709_073415.jpg

Any tips on getting rid of the cop bend in the brim of the regular Ralph hats? Got an idea but will prolly need to experiment on beater from the bay
first.
20200709_073415.jpg
Cop bend? You mean like trying to turn a dad hat into a flat bill? Don't know why people would try to do this but I'd probably just try working it by hand then using an iron on low heat (highly dependant on rigid material of the bill). But the crowns on dad hats are cut to sit tilted on the head so when you flatten the bill it might sit weird with wrinkles. The only hat I've ever considered doing this for was these:

Fit on them was so messed up though I don't know how anyone gets that on their head I don't even have that large of a dome at 7 3/8 :lol:

Last edited:
The iron works. Iron it and put it under some heavy books. Itll never be completely flat like a new era fitted but you wont look too much like an undercover

Also really depends on the cap. Plain dark caps like my man Famousname Famousname had you def looking like yore undercover and say "do you do weed?"

😂

Cop bend? You mean like trying to turn a dad hat into a flat bill? Don't know why people would try to do this but I'd probably just try working it by hand then using an iron on low heat (highly dependant on rigid material of the bill). But the crowns on dad hats are cut to sit tilted on the head so when you flatten the bill it might sit weird with wrinkles. The only hat I've ever considered doing this for was these:

Fit on them was so messed up though I don't know how anyone gets that on their head I don't even have that large of a dome at 7 3/8 :lol:
why wouldnt anyone want to reshape it, although I got no problem being the only one :lol: not a flat brim per se but def on the flatter side.
The iron works. Iron it and put it under some heavy books. Itll never be completely flat like a new era fitted but you wont look too much like an undercover

Also really depends on the cap. Plain dark caps like my man Famousname Famousname had you def looking like yore undercover and say "do you do weed?"

😂
The iron is what I was thinking along the lines of those who reshape toe boxes on kicks. Introduce some moisture then iron and let it set under some weight.

why wouldn't anyone want to reshape it, although I got no problem being the only one :lol: not a flat brim per se but def on the flatter side.

It's not that I'm like starkly against flat bills or curved bills, everyone has their preference. The way I see it is flat bill caps are cut & constructed with the idea in mind that there is flexibility to turn it into a more bent bill cap whereas dad hats & the like (more often then not) skimp out on some of the details that make fitteds flexible. Top down shapes of the bills are usually different along the sides specifically, and fitted caps usually have the front 2 panels reinforced to hold crown shape regardless of bill position. Just seems like any time you'd put on a dad style hat after flattening it, the tension your head would put on the crown of it would push the bill back towards it's original construction. Obviously to each their own, any hat is wearable as long as you like it & it fits on your head, it's worth a shot! I'd be very interested to see what the final outcome is with that camo hat you posted, that design would definitely look good as a fitted.

For reference I prefer a nice MLB style bend on my fitteds, keeps the shape nice for a long time:
Fitted: Bent ---> Flat
IMG_7890.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG

Dad hat: Bent ---> Flat
IMG_0720.JPG
IMG_3358.JPG

These utility shorts are really nice.
They made them with the 90s Polo quality.
The polo sport branding is stitched in.
Has a good lining and is water repellent.

Belt is removable so you can add a polo hi tech belt
if you got one. Wind breaker nylon material.
Polo Sport is engraved on the metal waist fastener.

1594336008296.png

1594336083146.png

1594336339511.png

This golden era 90s Polo. Not a retro. I have a p wing and snow beach so
Im not some new guy. Like this is the stuff people used to boost.

1594338650306.png

Need a mens version of these.

Truth about Made In Italy fashion

I buy quality not location.
You guys in your 2k dollar gucci shirts.
Its made by the same people that make all the other brands.

Last edited:
These utility shorts are really nice.
They made them with the 90s Polo quality.
The polo sport branding is stitched in.
Has a good lining and is water repellent.

Belt is removable so you can add a polo hi tech belt
if you got one. Wind breaker nylon material.
Polo Sport is engraved on the metal waist fastener.

1594336008296.png

1594336083146.png

1594336339511.png

This golden era 90s Polo. Not a retro. I have a p wing and snow beach so
Im not some new guy. Like this is the stuff people used to boost.

1594338650306.png

Need a mens version of these.

Truth about Made In Italy fashion

I buy quality not location.
You guys in your 2k dollar gucci shirts.
Its made by the same people that make all the other brands.

Buy Quality, not Location? Lucky NT Search function doesn't work since last website update cause you’re the only broken record here spewing Italy this, Italy that. Did you just learn about how Fashion Manufacturing works? What does it matter who is making the goods if under factory & corporate guidelines? Same people & factory prob make the stuff you boast about.

I appreciate the posts where you analyze and break down differences in present to past goods. Very insightful. But you edit every single post and go off on this I’m above it all.

You’re still here and still buying.

Retired from Polo. Im made in Italy now.
Its too soon.
Let me mourn a bit. lol
Removed.
Strictly Italy.

Quality under 3 bills.

Im still with Ralph. He not in charge anymore.
Removed. Too soon.
If it aint made in Italy or France, I dont wear it anymore. I accepted China because Polo
was sentimental to my young years. Its the only section in my closet that is made in China.
Now it's Purple Label or my Italian brands. I cant deal with the low quality of mens Polo
any longer.
I'll use my methods to get Purple Label just like I get the Fendi. Im in the Penthouse
suite. Highschool was over a long time.
When people ask me "Is that Polo", I will say no... Purple Label.

Buy Quality, not Location? Lucky NT Search function doesn't work since last website update cause you’re the only broken record here spewing Italy this, Italy that. Did you just learn about how Fashion Manufacturing works? What does it matter who is making the goods if under factory & corporate guidelines? Same people & factory prob make the stuff you boast about.

I appreciate the posts where you analyze and break down differences in present to past goods. Very insightful. But you edit every single post and go off on this I’m above it all.

You’re still here and still buying.

I can talk **** because I am right. The stuff that I do buy is quality from Ralph. They are changing their quality.
The stuff with heat transfer letters are heading to outlets and the stitched lettering items are selling.

You feel its a broken record, but the change is happening.
Thank me later.

I get all my Italian clothes at a discount. I never pay retail. Most of my italy clothes were made in the 90s
before the Chinese factory phenomenon began. Thats why 90s items are so expensive in re sell. Sorry to burst ya bubble.
My rants are the reason stitched lettering and screen printed items are coming back.
Thank me. Im winning and we all are getting quality items again. People like you think you are getting Ralph Lauren
just because it has a polo tag. I wore Ralph Lauren back when it was the highest quality clothing
in the whole retail space. LV was not doing clothes, Gucci was near bankrupt and the other Euro brands were considered
for females only. Polo only had Perry Ellis, Hilfiger, Izod, Hugo Boss, and Giorgio Armani to deal with.

Now the Euro companies are making clothes not just luggage and are managed allot better.
I was pointing out how the Euro labels are now dropping in quality the way Ralph did.
So you have to choose quality not location nowadays.

All the Italy items I posted were from the 90s. So yes the quality is allot better than Polo.
Try finding the Rolls Royce versace items for resale. Very expensive and hard to get.
I retired from the wack cheap heat tranbsfer polo yall dudes like.

The real quality Polo items with stitched lettering and screen print is what I buy.
So quote me all day. I dont wear that cheap looking retro stuff you guys may like.

A pic I posted. Its a 90s versace shirt. Back when Gianni was alive and not made in a sweatshop.
which is why its so expensive in re sale.
1594359726063.png

Another pic I posted. Once again, these are 90s Italy items.
Before the sweatshop phenomenon.
1594359894667.png

Quote me all day. I can repost any pic I put up. 99 PERCENT WERE 90s ITEMS. lol Dont play with me
when it come to quality.

Once again a 90s item. I posted items made when the designer was alive and not made in a sweatshop.
This tee has a soft velvet feel.
1594360166361.png

So yes I said I no longer wear cheap quality Polo. I wear quality 90s era Italian clothes.
I still am right. The Polo I do buy is stitched or printed well.
Sorry if I made your collection a little weaker because I dont rate the heat transfer
polo rlpc jacket you like, thats cool. They are making it the old way again so calm down.

Thanks for reminding me about this pic. I have this tee in storage and can wear it with these...
1594360932359.png

Last edited:

I can talk **** because I am right. The stuff that I do buy is quality from Ralph. They are changing their quality.
The stuff with heat transfer letters are heading to outlets and the stitched lettering items are selling.

You feel its a broken record, but the change is happening.
Thank me later.

I get all my Italian clothes at a discount. I never pay retail. Most of my italy clothes were made in the 90s
before the Chinese factory phenomenon began. Thats why 90s items are so expensive in re sell. Sorry to burst ya bubble.
My rants are the reason stitched lettering and screen printed items are coming back.
Thank me. Im winning and we all are getting quality items again. People like you think you are getting Ralph Lauren
just because it has a polo tag. I wore Ralph Lauren back when it was the highest quality clothing
in the whole retail space. LV was not doing clothes, Gucci was near bankrupt and the other Euro brands were considered
for females only. Polo only had Perry Ellis, Hilfiger, Izod, Hugo Boss, and Giorgio Armani to deal with.

Now the Euro companies are making clothes not just luggage and are managed allot better.
I was pointing out how the Euro labels are now dropping in quality the way Ralph did.
So you have to choose quality not location nowadays.

All the Italy items I posted were from the 90s. So yes the quality is allot better than Polo.
Try finding the Rolls Royce versace items for resale. Very expensive and hard to get.
I retired from the wack cheap heat tranbsfer polo yall dudes like.

The real quality Polo items with stitched lettering and screen print is what I buy.
So quote me all day. I dont wear that cheap looking retro stuff you guys may like.

A pic I posted. Its a 90s versace shirt. Back when Gianni was alive and not made in a sweatshop.
which is why its so expensive in re sale.
1594359726063.png

Another pic I posted. Once again, these are 90s Italy items.
Before the sweatshop phenomenon.
1594359894667.png

Quote me all day. I can repost any pic I put up. 99 PERCENT WERE 90s ITEMS. lol Dont play with me
when it come to quality.

Once again a 90s item. I posted items made when the designer was alive and not made in a sweatshop.
This tee has a soft velvet feel.
1594360166361.png

So yes I said I no longer wear cheap quality Polo. I wear quality 90s era Italian clothes.
I still am right. The Polo I do buy is stitched or printed well.
Sorry if I made your collection a little weaker because I dont rate the heat transfer
polo rlpc jacket you like, thats cool. They are making it the old way again so calm down.

Thanks for reminding me about this pic. I have this tee in storage and can wear it with these...
1594360932359.png

“Thank me latter”.
“My rants are the reason”.
“I’m winning”.
“I wore Ralph Lauren back when”

Delusions of grandeur. Totally missed my comment you do much better in your straight forward present to past analysis. You’re not the only one who lived through the better days of the label. Not a millennial, gen y, gen z here.
You are the only one here who continuously makes bold over the top pronouncements of self importance.
Have a press kit to promote your social media and connections? PRL putting you on retainer? How is Mr & Mrs Lauren doing these days?

Keep talking, I’m entertained by each one of your posts.
Sometimes even say things that make sense.

25A80207-5CFA-4062-B888-4A07853A349D.jpeg

I make this forum exciting. If everybody suck each other dyck and agree then why even come here.
Thats it. If Polo is listening, great job on those shorts. Stitched, feels soft on the skin, water repellent, engraved polo sport on the buttons, and those jansport
style strings are very nice touch. The detachable belt is nice too. I will add a polosport belt to replace it but it is still very nice. I got em for 59 dollars.
People slept.

This is not retro Polo. It is the golden era polo. Kudos.

Last edited:
I make this forum exciting. If everybody suck each other dyck and agree then why even come here.
Thats it. If Polo is listening, great job on those shorts. Stitched, feels soft on the skin, water repellent, engraved polo sport on the buttons, and those jansport
style strings are very nice touch. The detachable belt is nice too. I will add a polosport belt to replace it but it is still very nice. I got em for 59 dollars.
People slept.

This is not retro Polo. It is the golden era polo. Kudos.

Almost as if RL still drops dope quality pieces every year if you look hard enough & know what to look for... I gotta agree though I picked up the pants version in my latest pickups, quality is great and I got em for the low :emoji_ok_hand: The polar fleece q zip was $22 USD out the door from the outlet near me after dropping 3X that for the exact same one on eBay not even a week prior... Hat quality is nice too; front 2 panels are reinforced like New Era joints. To top it all off my first pair of ralph socks; don't even care about the quality, those fishing/sportsman decals on a forest green backdrop hit different :emoji_fire:

IMG_9459.JPG

IMG_5428.JPG

Nothing stitched yet, just laid em out how I'd like em to look. 2 potential colourways for the fleece's, grey one is my brothers but I don't think he's gonna go for the patches.
IMG_7130.JPG
IMG_4472.JPG

Polo is a marketing branding company they sell their license and designs to retailers who pick and choose what they want to sell Based on price heat pressed stufff and cheap tees that shrink after one wash sell cause they are cheap add a little retro to it and you sell more the finer more expensive pieces go to higher end sellers like Saks and Nordstrom if you go directly to a Ralph Lauren store they don’t have the cheap stuff there only the quality stuff take a closer look at the websites you’ll notice there a big difference between Macy’s and bloomingdales even tho they the same company it’s all about price point to quality ratio not mention the mark up on entry level lo is prolly the most in the business they make more when they make it for less marketing 101 think of it like stepping on an key of scale to sell more what a novel concept

PS polo is a business first He started with ties so he can make shirts next came suits you have to sell the cheap stuff to pay for the expensive stuff the more they sold last year allows them to make improvements the Following year bottom line there’s enough to go around for everyone’s budget and it all looks fresh the day you get it no need to to diss something you judge as whack that heat pressed retro might be the closest that guy gets To lo life we should be welcoming him with open arms not stuck up rants about who’s stuff is better it’s not a competition it’s a community

Last edited:
RicoSwa RicoSwa
No need for an apology. Many people here are satisfied with their collections. I love my own RL clothing group, no matter what another man's preference is.

But I would like to the pictures of all this quality clothing that you buy from fro Ralph and hear why you consider it quality.

Almost as if RL still drops dope quality pieces every year if you look hard enough & know what to look for.
This is true. RL releases amazing items year after year.

I have a 5 panel long bill hat coming however I need some patches to cover. Anyone know where I can find some patches?

Ric Flair sky diving, deep sea diving, surfing, cigarette boat speeding car racing shirt.

1594465799296.png

1594465826552.png

lol How many sports they gonna put on one shirt.
I lie it. Doesnt look too hawiian. Ill catch it on discount as usual.

Last edited:
Ric Flair sky diving, deep sea diving, surfing, cigarette boat speeding car racing shirt.

1594465799296.png

1594465826552.png

lol How many sports they gonna put on one shirt.
I lie it. Doesnt look too hawiian. Ill catch it on discount as usual.

From the point break collection the best of Johnny Utah shirt

the official name of this one is the double o 67 according to end

Last edited:

Think someone mentioned this a while back

Back
Top Bottom