**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Sooo whis goin to the chance show? Lol...
6EB512D4-9033-4B41-AF09-DE7017A565FF.png

Yes, and it's perfect since position 3 is usually the team captain . I like the Chance X RL partership, a genius marketing move. New products, New brand excitement, and the brand keeps putting out the timeless collections.
I couldn't tell you a Chance song if someone played one right now. The only tie I have to him is through following the then-come-up of Troy Ave, and he made the XXL Freshman cover. Chance was in that freshman group. I took time to read about each one of them, including Chance, even though the only cat I was checking for was Troy, cause he was bringing that old NY actual rapping lyrics and not mumbling at the time. (It all went down hill from there).

The thing I noticed about Chance back then that really leaped out was a... something... Don't know what it was, but Troy, and this guy with the big head LEPT off the page. Even Troy in his interview pointed out Chance as a potential problem, calling him "that wierdo rapper he'd been hearing about." And cats asked him why he was dissing and Troy said, "no, that's not a diss. He is that weirdo rapper" It was his way of saying this dude is an avant garde type artist.

And, yo, "WHERE DID HE GET THAT "3" hat???" I'd never seen this dude and he had hit branding gold. I didn't know it was "his", but I knew I'd never seen it.

With all of that said, "What he sang, and who's his DJ?"

so I recently got back into tennis even posted some Agassi gear a few pages earlier ...

my question is what lo pieces you guys think lines up with fila Lacoste nike Sergio tachini etc. etc. from ralph that would look good swinging the stick ?

cant be looking like a bum out in these public courts thx

Yes, and it's perfect since position 3 is usually the team captain . I like the Chance X RL partership, a genius marketing move. New products, New brand excitement, and the brand keeps putting out the timeless collections.
I can’t disagree more.great marketing?! Oh hell yes. But overall in the long run...yawwn. I just can’t wait for it to come and go. On a better note....that sample you acquired😳🤦🏽‍♂️ It’s pieces like that had me goin everyday there was one😂 them sample sales man
if I knew I was going to loose all this weight I would have racked up on so many seersucker, tweed and denim RRL vest that I saw....$10-$40

so I recently got back into tennis even posted some Agassi gear a few pages earlier ...

my question is what lo pieces you guys think lines up with fila Lacoste nike Sergio tachini etc. etc. from ralph that would look good swinging the stick ?

Uhhh Anything tennis 🎾 🤷🏽‍♂️😂
It’s a few of the new retros that dropped that’s his 90’s tennis line reimagined from the outlet
Side note Nike again like all these companies dropped the ball on the retro line and didn’t release any dope kicks for it. How the **** do you re issue re release retro a tennis line and don’t do any shoes to go with it??? 😂 left and right duhhhhh 😂 from all these companies 😂😂

I thought I would’ve seen this more widely available by now tbh, maybe I missed something:
1600080913103.jpeg

1600080849179.jpeg

I saw a few in a store downtown Toronto around a month ago. Steep retail for a hoodie combined with a loud design like that basically seals the deal for it to hit clearance around here.

I would neve give up my real life for any fantasy fake life..
With the announcement of the closing of models and century 21
I been reminiscing about my New York...the real New York
All picks are spots I ran trough like a bull in a china shop And all are closed some for decades
There’s many more that brings back so many memories. Most of the eyes in this feed wasn’t even born yet or could go to the corner store with out holding a adults hand. We was trooping outta state when most cats was asking can they have sleepovers. The hunt the snipe the kill.
587F8A40-9AC5-40E1-8661-60CBFDEB71B5.jpeg

TnT EMS (eastern mountain sports) and paragons was the go to spot for any and all outdoor gear. No DR.J’s and jimmy jazz wasn’t even a thought.it was these spots you had to go get ruff rugged and raw. Oh for the “Lo heads” the story of the $30 ski92 goose are 10000000,0000000 percent truth. They was literally right across the street at Burlington coat factory.

06189A4D-7870-4DBC-AC94-FEE8BC50D0D7.jpeg

Ahhhh so many gems 💎 from this spot. sport,casual,dress all was to be had. I got some dope rl frames from here and my first purple label pieces from $30-$80 before rl even had the sight running. Still got fila w/tags from
Symes
9B230797-DC16-4965-B667-1C238454A44F.jpeg

You knew you was leaving china town and interning the village! Broadway and canal st.
So much denim that it would be packed to the top floor with nothing but tourists from all over the world. They would buy as much as they could take back to their respective countries. Had a brief conversation w/a lady that told me that it used to be illegal to have designer jeans in her mother Russia. **** was different back then. They sold used and new denim of every and any brand but it was all 100 percent cotton non of that blended garbage 🗑 but they didn’t only sell jeans they sold so much more
this is the first time I saw a Asoka tigers 🐯 baseball jersey 😳baseball in Japan 🤔🤯🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

687E5F8D-D622-4566-A514-0A3487140F01.jpeg

Abraham & Strauss
Downtown bk were Macy’s is now was A&S
These was a entrance/exit on the downtown side 3train at Hoyt street station
The Same day I got my Gi joe zartan was the the first time I see anybody get they GEEING on (aka up da back/down da leg not getting someone gettin vicked that’s a whole nother beast altogether)and right out the door to the train they went
this in the early 80’s
Fast forward before it was called manhattan mall it was called A&S plaza
This is were I got all my tommy hill from after the lion crest logo.
86FA2686-B737-44F3-82B3-05B2E90225D5.jpeg

What can I say about BFO. Walk pass all the dress suits in the back and on ya right side was a elevator to the second floor and heaven. This spot had mad lo at the same time the same pieces was on racks at the big boys for way less. I got so many I.t.’s from here.
DFD043AD-8F1E-4B83-B9B7-D1CB998AC9C0.jpeg

34th Street Right across from the Empire State Building
Those picks you have been seeing for years of Lo life’s w/ them gigantic silk scarfs ...well they was uh um acquired from this store. Right up the block two of my favorite stores kiddy city toys and Herman’s sporting goods (kings plaza had one too)
EE9C7E3E-C5D0-4351-8127-1DA80AF5594E.jpeg

Look at BFO similar to the point almost the same
0AD8A472-B125-4402-8A64-098C318037EA.jpeg

Now this was a gold mine they had layaway...nuff said😂
They was like century 21 to me selection wise.

These spots are very Intricate pieces of the puzzle 🧩 (it’s so many more) that a lot of these brands including rl would not be around or to the capacity that the new ones know it as.

Last edited:
Uhhh Anything tennis 🎾 🤷🏽‍♂️😂
It’s a few of the new retros that dropped that’s his 90’s tennis line reimagined from the outlet
Side note Nike again like all these companies dropped the ball on the retro line and didn’t release any dope kicks for it. How the **** do you re issue re release retro a tennis line and don’t do any shoes to go with it??? 😂 left and right duhhhhh 😂 from all these companies 😂😂
nike for real dropped the ball on no retro kicks for Agassi

got some of those tennis items looking for something more practical for playing in like poly or nylon mainly shorts and pants but from the 80s and 90s

if you got something for Inspo flick it up I cant find anything out there thx

All picks are spots I ran trough like a bull in a china shop. There’s many more that brings back so many memories. Most of the eyes in this feed wasn’t even born yet or could go to the corner store with out holding a adults hand. We was trooping outta state when most cats was asking can they have sleepovers. The hunt the snipe the kill.

This EMS and paragons was the go to spot for any and all outdoor gear. No DR.J’s and jimmy jazz wasn’t even a thought.it was these spots you had to go get ruff rugged and raw. Oh for the “Lo heads” the story of the $30 ski92 goose are 10000000,0000000 percent truth. They was literally right across the street at Burlington coat factory.

Ahhhh so many gems 💎 from this spot. sport,casual,dress all was to be had. I got some dope rl frames from here and my first purple label pieces from $30-$80 before rl even had the sight running. Still got fila w/tags from
Symes

You knew you was leaving china town and interning the village! Broadway and canal st.
So much denim that it would be packed to the top floor with nothing but tourists from all over the world. They would buy as much as they could take back to their respective countries. Had a brief conversation w/a lady that told me that it used to be illegal to have designer jeans in her mother Russia. **** was different back then. They sold used and new denim of every and any brand but it was all 100 percent cotton non of that blended garbage 🗑 but they didn’t only sell jeans they sold so much more
this is the first time I saw a Asoka tigers 🐯 baseball jersey 😳baseball in Japan 🤔🤯🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

The Same day I got my Gi joe zartan was the the first time I see anybody get they GEEING on(aka up da back/down da leg) this in the early 80’s

What can I say about BFO. Walk pass all the dress suits in the back and on ya right side was a elevator to the second floor and heaven. This spot had mad lo at the same time the same pieces was on racks at the big boys for way less. I got so many I.t.’s from here.

Those picks you have been seeing for years of Lo life’s w/ them gigantic silk scarfs ...well they was uh um acquired from this store. Right up the block two of my favorite stores kiddy city toys and Herman’s sporting goods (kings plaza had one too)

These spots are very Intricate pieces of the puzzle 🧩 (it’s so many more) that a lot of these brands including rl would not be around or to the capacity that the new ones know it as.

got my first NF from tnt are they still around? A&S by the garden was my spot!! Filenes Basement was moms fave...thx for the flashbacks k

I can’t disagree more.great marketing?! Oh hell yes. But overall in the long run...yawwn. I just can’t wait for it to come and go. On a better note....that sample you acquired😳🤦🏽‍♂️ It’s pieces like that had me goin everyday there was one😂 them sample sales man
if I knew I was going to loose all this weight I would have racked up on so many seersucker, tweed and denim RRL vest that I saw....$10-$40
Thanks, My wife spotted it and loved it. This is the only item I have that's off limits to her :lol: ; I'm storing it until RL decides to release the shirt in some form. I would have sensory overload on if I ever made it to a sample sale. But I really do enjoy the slow process of the work I have to put in to obtain each item.

Thanks, My wife spotted it and loved it. This is the only item I have that's off limits to her :lol: ; I'm storing it until RL decides to release the shirt in some form. I would have sensory overload on if I ever made it to a sample sale. But I really do enjoy the slow process of the work I have to put in to obtain each item.

Be prepared to scrap lil old Asian lady’s for the gems. Remember these sales are for the real of us not the fly buy nights types....well it used to be it’s a lil looser now but you still need a invite/ticket to get in. I’m not joking about the fisticuffs you might have to elbow a elder for that piece that you want. Hey it’s war😂 grab ya black shopping bag and charge. Remember the earlier the better
The best cop I ever herd/seen is from my guy just blaze....a crystal chandler.........a ****ing chandler.
Pologate undefeated

All picks are spots I ran trough like a bull in a china shop. There’s many more that brings back so many memories. Most of the eyes in this feed wasn’t even born yet or could go to the corner store with out holding a adults hand. We was trooping outta state when most cats was asking can they have sleepovers. The hunt the snipe the kill.

TnT EMS (eastern mountain sports) and paragons was the go to spot for any and all outdoor gear. No DR.J’s and jimmy jazz wasn’t even a thought.it was these spots you had to go get ruff rugged and raw. Oh for the “Lo heads” the story of the $30 ski92 goose are 10000000,0000000 percent truth. They was literally right across the street at Burlington coat factory.

Symes

Abraham & Strauss
The Same day I got my Gi joe zartan was the the first time I see anybody get they GEEING on (aka up da back/down da leg not getting someone gettin vicked that’s a whole nother beast altogether)and right out the door to the train they went
this in the early 80’s

For me, having been told by EVERYONE growing up that I should be going to NY to experience the things I'm into (Lo, TNF, sneakers), I love stories like this. Photo's are a bonus.

For me, having been told by EVERYONE growing up that I should be going to NY to experience the things I'm into (Lo, TNF, sneakers), I love stories like this. Photo's are a bonus.
It was fun and dangerous at all he same time
A different place and time. It’s so many more spots like these that was around we eat good.
Road trips was flava too. Kids in candy stores.
I used to live in the Midwest in the early 2000’s and I had the pick of the litter only people that ****ed with LO was Asian college students and old white men.im finding old stock from the 90’s still with tags polo sport I had from 96 and this was in 05-06.mannn.

A different place and time. It’s so many more spots like these that was around we eat good.
I used to live in the Midwest in the early 2000’s and I had the pick of the litter only people that ****ed with LO was Asian college students and old white men.im finding old stock from the 90’s still with tags polo sport I had from 96 and this was in 05-06.mannn.

I can only imagine.

My hometown is closest to North Dakota so you know Fargo and Grand Fork's AREN'T popping. Toronto is close to Buffalo, NY so my eyes lit up (still does sometimes) whenever I'd go there. Pales in comparison to what NY would be though.

Be prepared to scrap lil old Asian lady’s for the gems. Remember these sales are for the real of us not the fly buy nights types....well it used to be it’s a lil looser now but you still need a invite/ticket to get in. I’m not joking about the fisticuffs you might have to elbow a elder for that piece that you want. Hey it’s war😂 grab ya black shopping bag and charge. Remember the earlier the better
The best cop I ever herd/seen is from my guy just blaze....a crystal chandler.........a ****ing chandler.
Pologate undefeated
I believe it :lol: I've got vital organ skrikes for all ages in order to get what I need the day that I finally get to a sale. Just Blaze and his "Objects" are a winning combination.

It's amazing to me: the spots for acquiring LO keep shrinking. The internet and store closings have truly made the world a smaller place. Here in Los Angeles I flipped the script: instead of battling for pieces in Macys and the RL store, I have found unbelievable gems in Goodwill and Craigslist. Don't judge me; the hunt is the thrill :emoji_sunglasses:

1600193384897.png

1600195941952.png

1600195959436.png

Found the red for 99.00.
It was low price so I grabbed it from overseas.
These things are scattered like volton.

Got one for my niece. The letters have to be stitched for me.
But for a kid, its ok for playground stuntin.

"Beware of the evil re sellers mkay."

Last edited:
I thought I would’ve seen this more widely available by now tbh, maybe I missed something:
1600080913103.jpeg

1600080849179.jpeg

I saw a few in a store downtown Toronto around a month ago. Steep retail for a hoodie combined with a loud design like that basically seals the deal for it to hit clearance around here.

Back
Top Bottom