**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

IMG_20201017_151728_157.jpg

The stadium of gang street wear has arrived.
I needed this for the sportswear collection.
Limited. I dont condone gangs but this is the new 8 ball jacket.

Dont wear this in the wrong neighborhood.
YOU MAY DIE.

1603559085850.png

1603567307326.png

Im just showing yall whats going on outside of Polo.
Im still with the polo culture.
Raiders symbol is embroidered as well as the branding.
It has a lining in the coat and hood. Nylon is airy and soft.
3M strip and a kangaroo pocket to put... things in. lol

I aint wearing it. Some street wear person will pay top dollar for it in a few months.
A few grand in a few years. I only re sell non polo items.
This one feels like I should keep it. Very well made.

Back to our regularly scheduled Polo posts.

Last edited:
i can never rock hilfiger gear since hes a racist
That rumor has been circulating since the 90's. The claim is just flat out false. It has been debunked over 10 years ago. It's amazing how far people will go to damage someone because of jealousy or envy. You mean to tell me black artists and influencers continued to willfully work for a racist man even years after those rumors circulated the internet? There are several articles debunking that. Here is one: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tommy-hilfiger-oprah/

He said he never intended or imagined his clothes would be popular with black folks. Whether the fact it was is something he felt negatively about, or just said as a matter of fact is up for debate, not like hes going to willingly admitt it was a negative comment tho.

I dont **** with hilfiger cause the quality is pretty trash and they steal designs from RL on a regular basis.

I wonder who even started that as a rumor? I know everyone has their assumptions when it comes to the large brands and mega corporations in general but I'm curious what was the reason it was circulated so strongly especially considering the brands actions (some) would show the opposite

i can never rock hilfiger gear since hes a racist
Not this, again. Tommy NEVER said anti-black ****. My people, MODERNIZE your information!

"Oprah To Help Tommy Hilfiger Refute Pesky Racism Rumor By Nicholas Boston • 04/25/07 2:30am

In the wake of the Don Imus “nappy-headed hos” scandal, fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger wants to get something straight. “There’s a rumor about me being a racist,” Mr. Hilfiger told The Transom on Thursday, April 19, at real-estate developer Josh Guberman’s launch of his new boutique condominium complex on East 84th Street. The rumor in question started many years ago, as an anonymous item circulated on the Internet. It alleged that Mr. Hilfiger, while sitting on Oprah Winfrey’s couch, had confirmed hearsay that he was against Asians and African-Americans wearing his clothes. Ms. Winfrey then, it was said, kicked him off the set. But “I was never on her show!” Mr. Hilfiger said. “Oprah and I are really good friends. She said, ‘You were never on the show; you never said it—I know you’re not that way.’ I said, ‘Right!’ She said, ‘Let’s debunk that rumor.’ I said, ‘O.K., great.’”

And so Mr. Hilfiger is finally appearing for real on The Oprah Winfrey Show, in a segment scheduled to air on Tuesday, May 1.

https://observer.com/2007/04/oprah-to-help-tommy-hilfiger-refute-pesky-racism-rumor/

Oprah Winfrey had him on the show to finally dead the rumor.

I also grew up thinking TH was a racist and I can't remember why but I decided to look into the rumor a couple years ago (probably around the resurgence). It seems like a genuine case of propoganda being used to discredit his brand which is sad.

With all that said I still ain't buying TH. I no longer hold a grudge against the brand but I picked the RL side years ago and don't plan to change up on that any time soon.

I also grew up thinking TH was a racist and I can't remember why but I decided to look into the rumor a couple years ago (probably around the resurgence). It seems like a genuine case of propoganda being used to discredit his brand which is sad.

Worse than that, it was a recycled rumor from the pre-internet days, used on another designer who allegedly appeared on another talk show. The first time heard this rumor was in the mid 80s. Women's Sasson jeans were HOT. Then, a rumor hit word of mouth BIG time that the designer (who the rumor said was a woman. In reality, he was a man), went on The Phil Donahue Show and said "I don't design my jeans for black women and I don't want them watering down my jeans." That is precisely how I heard it, those words, and boy were the older women folk in my life HEATED. My mom and her friends, white and black, talked about that every a commercial or print ad came up. And back then, you couldn't just search up some footage. No text, just telephone, long distance, and word of mouth. Even then, I noticed keenly that no one I knew ever said that they actually SAW it, just heard about it from someone else. Hmmmmnnn... that struck me odd back then because everyone only had the same three TV channels, and Phil Donahue was Oprah before there was Oprah. (He perfected the "talk show couch" format that we know today.) Everyone watched Donahue. But no one ever saw this episode?

Then, years later, 97ish era, and I hear the same rumor, damn near word for word, except the names had been changed from Sasson and Donahue to Tommy and Oprah. Right then is when I knew that it was fake, or show me the footage. Same thing, no one ever could. Finally, in 2020, you can pull some footage - of Tommy and Oprah deadin' the dumb ish.

uo_1499081995-17479-13.jpg

34731656189811efb648a1e9ecff4250.jpg

Hilfiger listened to every demand we made here for the polo retros. Most of his new stuff is all embroidered logos or patches. Engraved zippers. Lining in all athletic jackets and pants.

Polo has a different business model. If the low quality items don't sell, polo will still make money selling it at the outlet level.

Last edited:
Hilfiger listened to every demand we made here for the polo retros. Most of his new stuff is all embroidered logos or patches. Engraved zippers. Lining in all athletic jackets and pants.
There's a disconnect between you and reality. Nothing that you've typed has any effect on Tommy Hilfiger nor Polo products that are released.

These company executives are not listening to anyone in this thread.

There's a disconnect between you and reality. Nothing that you've typed has any effect on Tommy Hilfiger nor Polo products that are released.

These company executives are not listening to anyone in this thread.
There was a time I would have wholeheartedly agreed that a single post or even this entire thread would not affect what the companies would release. However, the Lo Lifes and the Polo community at large, as well as Ralph Lauren corporate and Ralph Lauren himself, have proven that they DO pay attention to the streets. Even before Ralph was retro-ing, there were very well-known, reputable Lo rockers who would get an invite to discuss possible product direction in Ralph's New York offices, and look around at the pictures taped on the walls, and it was all the old legendary Lo-Life flicks. People would go up there and see flicks of like, Big Vic lo and Fi-Lo and Ski Black taped to the wall. And this is going back to like, '05, '06 era. Known names, like Polo Pirata from the "Been There Rocked That" podcast, and many famous members of the Lo Lifes say that they witnessed this, or was in direct contact with those that did. They really DO have young guns to monitor these feeds. Now, did those guys walk out of those offices and BLAMO; Snow Beach and P-Wing? No. That took 11, 12, 13 years. But I, too, am convinced that "they" are watching. And in today's Instagram/Twitter/Pintrest age, they'd be fools not to.

Back
Top Bottom