**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

what's the verdict on the knock offs on Instagram? the grails by wae look legit, others look hit or miss.... what's the official stance here yay or nay?

Had this done online, with Ralph’s “create your own” program, and I’m pretty disappointed. The sweatshirt itself is about the flimsiest thing I’ve ever seen, it runs small, and the logo looks like an iron on. Thinking about picking up one of the sweaters/sweatshirts from the last couple years, (see second pic), with the embroidered patches, taking it off, and making my own. I’ve seen guys online use them for other stuff, does anyone know if they come off smoothly?

Attachments

• 09E5A6F6-0ECF-413F-938E-C486FAD94394.jpeg
    09E5A6F6-0ECF-413F-938E-C486FAD94394.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 076F0C52-D7D0-4F97-ACD9-B88584740911.jpeg
    076F0C52-D7D0-4F97-ACD9-B88584740911.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 99
what's the verdict on the knock offs on Instagram? the grails by wae look legit, others look hit or miss.... what's the official stance here yay or nay?
Just seeing that he put the Indian head print on a tee... wanted to do that for years... saves me the work, LOL Thanks

Personally I pass on the unofficial merch, respect to them finding a lane though, I'll just admire it from the sidelines. I tell you this though if you see something you like, then buy it.

indian_head-removebg-preview.png

1606171252488.png

Came up on the rare vintage indian head for 10.00. lmao
This will go to the cleaners when it arrives.
I will just open a ebay store. Im too good at finding stuff.
Size LARGE. Chief head Discontinued due to political correctness.

Might keep this to wear on eastern parkway for the parade.
Matches allot of bandannas.
I wanted the green to match this bandana...

1606172377140.png

Last edited:
Thought you were leaving

Im semi retired from Polo. There is nothing left to get.
Have the snowbeach, stadium, hitech, bear jacket, crest stuff, cp 93 stuff,
sportsman stuff, p racing and ski stuff.

Im letting the young people enjoy the culture. I contribute by finding gems and selling them.
Hard to find stuff at retail or lower. No head cracks. A new cycle collection might get me excited but its all about just finding stuff now, Thats the fun part. Having it is boring.
I got all the pieces I wanted to get since highschool.

My stance:
Screenshot_20201123-182247_Chrome.jpg

All of these guys appear to be good people, but I've never knowingly supported counterfeits, and I'm not starting now.

Finally pulled the trigger...
20201123_170941.jpg
Great Purchase 🔥🔥🔥

You have to decide. Some won't wear anything that didn't come officially sanctioned from Ralph, but Ralph CURRENTLY has officially produced reproductions of Delancy Street knock offs from the 80's on his site right now.

In '89/'90(???), this was a popular, mass-produced bootleg. Period, full stop. Ralph did NOT produce this shirt.

s7-1369554_alternate10.jpg

The bootleggers did it on sweatshirts. Some like crap, some very well. Flash forward to 2020, and Ralph did a Gucci-to-Dapper Dan; take the old bootleg and produce it officially.

So, what if the "knock-off" is equal if not better than Ralph. Some say "no". Period. But then you factor in this unique culture of our, and people who grew up in this, earning for Ralph to drop "this, or only if he took that, and did this to it." Same as Dapper Dan. The parent company wouldn't giveth, so we taketh, and make it ours.

Look at this hat again. Technically, this 'Overlooking the Hudson' (brand name) is a "knock-off".
Overlooking the hudson tennis.png

Just stare at the details of this thing, the quality leaping out of the picture, the fit, the finish, and you tell me if Ralph himself is feeding the people the food they are demanding? Plus the maker is from the grain, from back then? And the funny thing is, it is ALL Ralph's for the taking. In fact, it's already his. Just act right, Uncle Ralph.

In the end, it's a personal choice, but if you go the aftermarket route, remember looking good and actual quality and fit are not synonymous.

"... but its all about just finding stuff now, Thats the fun part. Having it is boring."
Lot of truth to this statement. The thrill IS in the hunt. I disagree that having it is boring, per se, (that makes me sound smart. LOL). There are joints I pull off the shelf and just stare at in awe, lay hands on it, and then put it back, not to be touched for 6-8 months. But you are right, the HUNT is euphoric/maddening/depressing/enlighting all at the same time.

I enjoy wearing all my stuff. There's nothing I own I bought just to look at, but I also have a lot of pieces I wish I wore more. Guess I have the rest of my life to do so.

Left the polo store earlier... didn’t grab much but I did grab that green hoodie I was asking about in this thread to go with some air maxes I’ve been trying to find stuff to go with

got stuff in my cart on RL site just waiting for a BF sale.... made sure to put the items already on sale in there cuz that seems to be the only items the recent discounts apply to on the site

You have to decide. Some won't wear anything that didn't come officially sanctioned from Ralph, but Ralph CURRENTLY has officially produced reproductions of Delancy Street knock offs from the 80's on his site right now.

In '89/'90(???), this was a popular, mass-produced bootleg. Period, full stop. Ralph did NOT produce this shirt.

s7-1369554_alternate10.jpg

The bootleggers did it on sweatshirts. Some like crap, some very well. Flash forward to 2020, and Ralph did a Gucci-to-Dapper Dan; take the old bootleg and produce it officially.

So, what if the "knock-off" is equal if not better than Ralph. Some say "no". Period. But then you factor in this unique culture of our, and people who grew up in this, earning for Ralph to drop "this, or only if he took that, and did this to it." Same as Dapper Dan. The parent company wouldn't giveth, so we taketh, and make it ours.

I’m still new here and my opinion doesn’t mean much, but I look at it as the Polo version of Dapper Dan, as well...

appreciate all the responses!! looks like its acceptable. rock it and support the troops I say. ralphie got enough

people being so anti bootleg always bemuses me. i dont care about no big corporation that exploits their workers and doesnt pay taxes. i like their products thats it. sometimes bootleg is the only option, and i def wouldnt rule it out.

Back
Top Bottom