**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Ran across one of my posts from the old version of the Matrix. Back then, NTers would get cooked for pages, and I won't even go into the VGA invasion. The mods ended all of that, but it's good to see the thread is still active and that good information is being posted.

Screenshot_20230710_004554_Chrome.jpg
Good stuff^^^

Even a lot of VGA'ers did not realize that all the VGA threads still existed in an archival format up until last year. One could still even post up until about 3 years ago. I know, because I believe I was one of the very last posts, (maybe next to last - some new guy came along trying to start a thread) in 2018 to ask what everyone thought of the new Stadium Line.

After VGA folded, I took the opportunity as a break from the online Polo world. The Stadium line is what brought me back. I mean, this was huge, and there was no one in my physical plane to talk with about it! LOL! In KY, it would have been just blank stares, like, "what?" So I checked into my VGA bookmark, (which I had never removed), and always reviewed threads like a library. I even got a few responses, (shoutout Jay USA and NobodyKnowsNothing). Then I was like, "Hey, Niketalk used to have a lil sumpn sumpn going on." Came back over here and the discussion was lively!

The bottom-line main difference between Niketalk and VGA, (and this is simply an observation), is that Niketalk is centered on "the new new" - the latest drop, big or small. VGA was centered on the classic vintage pieces from the golden era.
[insert your personal arguments pro and con for both ethos here].

It's funny, many of us here (I'm talking about any and everybody), have been doing this Polo thing for SO damn long, we can actually, TRULY call it a "career". I'm shaking my own damn head even thinking about it.

Good stuff^^^

Even a lot of VGA'ers did not realize that all the VGA threads still existed in an archival format up until last year. One could still even post up until about 3 years ago. I know, because I believe I was one of the very last posts, (maybe next to last - some new guy came along trying to start a thread) in 2018 to ask what everyone thought of the new Stadium Line.

After VGA folded, I took the opportunity as a break from the online Polo world. The Stadium line is what brought me back. I mean, this was huge, and there was no one in my physical plane to talk with about it! LOL! In KY, it would have been just blank stares, like, "what?" So I checked into my VGA bookmark, (which I had never removed), and always reviewed threads like a library. I even got a few responses, (shoutout Jay USA and NobodyKnowsNothing). Then I was like, "Hey, Niketalk used to have a lil sumpn sumpn going on." Came back over here and the discussion was lively!

The bottom-line main difference between Niketalk and VGA, (and this is simply an observation), is that Niketalk is centered on "the new new" - the latest drop, big or small. VGA was centered on the classic vintage pieces from the golden era.

It's funny, many of us here (I'm talking about any and everybody), have been doing this Polo thing for SO damn long, we can actually, TRULY call it a "career". I'm shaking my own damn head even thinking about it.
This is an accurate summation.

Damn photobucket, takes me back
Yep, Tinypic too 😄

SMB layouts were always appreciated :pimp:
Thanks. During those days, it was easy to do since there were no little feet running through the house.

Good stuff^^^

Facts. You're spot on about the difference between VGA and NT. I learned a lot from the members that joined NT, especially about the golden era. It made this forum one of the official place to talk Ralph. It's been a long run.

Thanks to my Wife, I just found out yesterday I can fit Boys XL. I'm about to rack up on some stuff. I'm about to change my entire wardrobe to Polo. Everything Polo. Boys clothing is wayyy cheaper than Men.
Yesterday I copped 2 pair of boys pants size 18, military jacket, jean jacket, a hoodie, a T-shirt, a button up, and a sweater . Almost everything in my closet about to get thrown away.

Last edited:
New Pickup:
Promised myself years ago that I would buy this on-site if I ever saw it again... so I had to.

Screenshot_20230711_092307_Instagram.jpg
That just happened to me, too. The kind of pop-up where you caught the whole internets slipping, you damn lucky that you hit refresh, dive headfirst for the keyboard, and hope it’s not gone before you complete checkout, price be damned ( really decent price too.) I just have to wait for Oh Canada to ship.

Yesterday I copped 2 pair of boys pants size 18, military jacket, jean jacket, a hoodie, a T-shirt, a button up, and a sweater . Almost everything in my closet about to get thrown away.
Going to move a bunch of stuff in the next few weeks a lot of boys xl ts I’ll dm you pictures if you’d like all nwt

Good stuff^^^

Reading through VGA threads is always good for a laugh some cool pics and story’s sprinkled in there but I never seen people be so territorial over clothes until I came there😂.

Reading through VGA threads is always good for a laugh some cool pics and story’s sprinkled in there but I never seen people be so territorial over clothes until I came there😂.
Facts. It was vicious at first 🤣. As more VGA members joined NT, and I took my own wall down, my perception went from territorial to seeing their deep love for the brand. Those guys did add and still do add so much value here, with many becoming my favorites. I still see them in other spaces doing great things.

Facts. It was vicious at first 🤣. As more VGA members joined NT, and I took my own wall down, my perception went from territorial to seeing their deep love for the brand. Those guys did add and still do add so much value here, with many becoming my favorites. I still see them in other spaces doing great things.
I was one the “new jacks” on there came on pretty late ironically some of the people flaming me on there i dealt with years later on IG 😂.

Looking at your photos. I can tell you in Miami and looks like you staying at the Icon Brickell. LOL
As the great Dallas Penn would say, "Internets remain undefeated!"
I was one the “new jacks” on there came on pretty late ironically some of the people flaming me on there i dealt with years later on IG 😂.
Try showing up late 20-oughts and saying, "Hi, y'all. I'm from KENTUCKY, and, awe shucks, do I loves me some Polo." LMAO:emoji_joy:A frosty head nod or two was "progress". LMAO!

Back
Top Bottom