**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

$700 msrp for a basic satin varsity jacket? That’s how we’re doing things now?
IMG_8506.jpeg

I remember when satin souvenir jackets with full embroidery retailed for $500.

I just wanted a basic rugby from the sale online but i'll chill cuz I already spent mad bread at the outlet the past month lol

Must be tons of inventory.. super early for a sale….
Yes, Fall/Winter was a very massive release and very overpriced across the board. I assume that a some of the nventory sold suring the holiday season was also returned since a lot of the items that were low stock or sold out completely now have full size runs. The warehouses are full with this stuff and the brand new Spring roll outs. Discounts will help move things, and a lot could be used to stock Factory Stores in a few months.

I got this shirt off the Bay about three years ago. Seller was out of Canada. Shirt had bleach damage and not my size, but I got it for the patch. Shirt/Patch is from '91, pre-Hi Tech release. Kind of a sparsely used bridge between Polo Country and Polo Hi Tech.
Canadian Hi Tech.jpg

I've never seen this shirt before this purchase or since. It doesn't help that I don't believe it was ever a continental US release. It haunts my hunts, daily. Little stuff like this keeps me in the game. The Polo Spirit moved me to post this. "Polo musings." Patch now resides on one of my tees.
IMG_1995.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom