The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread. TEFLON DON JULY 20th

When did I say I respected NaS Escobar persona?? I've made my thoughts on THAT phase, and THAT album (IWW) clear throughout the years...

If you can't do as much as name ONE out of the millions of rappers out there who have lived a life as contrary to their rap persona as Ross, that MORE than speaks for itself...

85%??... You're def givin up too much credit... Of the rappers with REAL talent I'd say about 5% have lived a life somewhat simular to what they display in their music... (and I'm proll givin them too much credit with that # )

How you compare Ma$e situations to being a CO?? That's him and his sexuality, but if we scrutinize him, then what about Dre, Diddy, even Steadman (according to Jaz O)... If ANYthing that should be a direct attack on his ministry and his credibility as a man of GOD, and not credibility as a rapper...

Why would I lose sleep over what I already know to be true?? You guys consider THIS giving effort?? How hard is it to type a paragraph or 2... Takes maybe 4 or 5 minutes... (for me atleast...)

But I'm just responding to some BS I'm seein yall type...

Like you were talkin about Gotti Jr like he was a janitor or truckdriver simply because you wernt aware of his background, but your defending William Leonard Roberts... That just doesn't make sense to me...

But you're a good dude... You're WRONG here... But @ the end of the day... The album was dissapointing simply because of the expectations some of us had for it...

When did I say I respected NaS Escobar persona?? I've made my thoughts on THAT phase, and THAT album (IWW) clear throughout the years...

If you can't do as much as name ONE out of the millions of rappers out there who have lived a life as contrary to their rap persona as Ross, that MORE than speaks for itself...

85%??... You're def givin up too much credit... Of the rappers with REAL talent I'd say about 5% have lived a life somewhat simular to what they display in their music... (and I'm proll givin them too much credit with that # )

How you compare Ma$e situations to being a CO?? That's him and his sexuality, but if we scrutinize him, then what about Dre, Diddy, even Steadman (according to Jaz O)... If ANYthing that should be a direct attack on his ministry and his credibility as a man of GOD, and not credibility as a rapper...

Why would I lose sleep over what I already know to be true?? You guys consider THIS giving effort?? How hard is it to type a paragraph or 2... Takes maybe 4 or 5 minutes... (for me atleast...)

Like you were talkin about Gotti Jr like he was a janitor or truckdriver simply because you wernt aware of his background, but your defending William Leonard Roberts... That just doesn't make sense to me...

But you're a good dude... You're WRONG here... But @ the end of the day... The album was dissapointing simply because of the expectations some of us had for it...

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

I've always said said Ross should've been 100 when the scandal broke out ..

So you can cut that defending %%*! out ...

And youre the one Who's Making JGjr look like he's walking in his pops footsteps .. Which he isn't ..

but you know more about JGjr life than me obviously.. so help me out here

I asked you to inform me about what charges was he facing that he beat?

Well.. where they at?

And when did I try to carry him as if he was a bum or a sucker?

All I said he wasn't gonna do %%*! ..

For reasons that anybody with some common @%% sense would think ..

He could be knee deep in the mafia life , but he'd be an idiot to do something to a rapper ..

He NEVER claimed to be a gangster (tho he is), he shuns ANY comparison to his father (tho it's justified), he's damn near dedicated the last 6-8 years of his life trying to erase the history of his name because at any given moment he'll face ANOTHER fed case...

This is what YOU said .. so if thats the facts, How am I wrong for saying he's not gonna do %%*! ..

Thats being Smart imo

as for this topic it's whatever homie ..

I think you standing up for a family and Organization that Hated Blacks is somewhat baffling ..

but do you ..

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Eminem’s four-play may well be about to end.
The hip-hop superstar’s four straight weeks at #1 with his Shady/Aftermath/ Interscope album Recovery is being threatened this week by Def Jam/IDJ Miami rapper Rick Ross, whose Teflon Don is on target to do between 170-180k in sales.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Being a CO is NOT AN EASY JOB. Im sure half of yall couldnt do that #@!% lmao

Just saying.

I dont think Ross is trying to make you believe he lived ANy type of lifestyle.

Yall so quick to bring up PERSONAL LIVES which you know nothing about when talking about MUSIC.

None of yall know ross on a personal level and been there all of his life.

We talking about MUSIC.......Not his Life. Say all you want about him idc.....is THE MUSIC good tho??

cause at the end of the day were talking about MUSIC......not theyre Life Music......when you argue about Music....Dont bring up life

Bring up The Music. Its entertainment folks.

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Eminem’s four-play may well be about to end.
The hip-hop superstar’s four straight weeks at #1 with his Shady/Aftermath/ Interscope album Recovery is being threatened this week by Def Jam/IDJ Miami rapper Rick Ross, whose Teflon Don is on target to do between 170-180k in sales.
NT'ers still gonna hate on the Teflon Don?

coming from somebody from Flordia and has hung around Rick Ross ima say this one last time

to the dudes claiming he not gangster and this n that I agree to an extent

Is he a drug lord? NO
Has he sold drugs? Yes (small time pusher)
If you CO does that mean your a cop? NO (CO's put in lots of work for people on the inside)

Ross is not no Gotti Meech or Hoover and the world know that

But come down to Florida and Wade County and catch Ross in Carol City or Opa Locka dude is like Obama when he comes through

ALLLLLL the top Drug lords and gangs show crazy amount of love to this man and he is protected where ever he goes.....I have seen this with my OWN eyes

I dont know one FAKE gangster or THUG rapper wit no security that can make it out of a real HOOD without gettin tried or touched

Take it for what you want but Floridians who live in Miami and in the hood know this! Ross got plenty of connects to the top guys on the streets

This man stay with the Zo Pound if you dont know bout the Zo's google em.......They bout that life.......better ask Wayne bout them Zo's had him running for his life in Miami *check we takin over freestyle* now check how Wayne be reppin the Zo's now

Thats why down here we just laugh at the people who think he Fake and not connected

SMH at yall trippin over him stealing the real Rick Ross name
eyes.gif

most rappers have a name or nick name from a druglord

Gotti Jr was facing an 848... Like EVERY other high level gangsta that caught a FED case...

As far as ME "standing" up for an orginization that "HATED" blacks??... OK but you defending William Leonard Roberts, I'm not the one taking and running with their monikers... I'm not the one IDOLizing these guys... I'm just speakin on what's REAL... You tried to play Gotti Jr like he was a janitor or somethin... He's a "MADE" Man...

I posted his ONLY interview, so you can hear it from the horses mouth...

As far as COs doin dirt argument... OK... Cops do MORE dirt than most REAL gangstas... But @ the end of the day they still cops... So should we start respectin their gangsta to an extent further then what's required??

I had this long Drawn up *%@ response ..

but %%*% all that , I'ma keep it short And leave it at this ...

And How am I idolizing Ross homie ...

I've been sticking to the Music from the Jump ...

I %**%! with his music .. But I don't Idolize that $!!%% ..

I don't Idolize No man ..cuz they bleed like me

You Said it it yourself $!!%%

He NEVER claimed to be a gangster (tho he is), he shuns ANY comparison to his father (tho it's justified), he's damn near dedicated the last 6-8 years of his life trying to erase the history of his name because at any given moment he'll face ANOTHER fed case...

Soooooooooo.......

WHY WOULD HE RISK HIS FREEDOM OVER A RAPPER!?

What difference will it Make he Says something about Ross??

NOTHING .. NOT A DAMN THING IS GONNA CHANGE

If he's Spending his time tryin to erase the memories of his Past and clean his family Name thats real and I RESPECT THAT ...

But if he's doing that than he has obviously Squared up would you not agree?...

Only reason this is even in Discussion Cuz soft *%@ Carmine trying to get on .. PERIOD

I'm done with this #*!! man ..

Carry on

The bottom line is Ross makes great music.

Who cares if he was a C O or if his persona is completely legitimate?

It's just entertainment. Just listen to the music and enjoy it.

Every rapper exaggerates and embellishes in their lyrics.

Anyone who cares really cares about that stuff is taking it way too seriously.

Album is good. 11 songs is just not enough, especially when u released 3 of em 3 months ago. so im stuck with an album with 8 songs, really 7 cuz im not feelin #1 at all.

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

coming from somebody from Flordia and has hung around Rick Ross ima say this one last time

Is he a drug lord? NO
If you CO does that mean your a cop? NO (CO's put in lots of work for people on the inside)

But come down to Florida and Wade County and catch Ross in Carol City or Opa Locka dude is like Obama when he comes through

ALLLLLL the top Drug lords and gangs show crazy amount of love to this man and he is protected where ever he goes.....I have seen this with my OWN eyes

I dont know one FAKE gangster or THUG rapper wit no security that can make it out of a real HOOD without gettin tried or touched

Take it for what you want but Floridians who live in Miami and in the hood know this! Ross got plenty of connects to the top guys on the streets

This man stay with the Zo Pound if you dont know bout the Zo's google em.......They bout that life.......better ask Wayne bout them Zo's had him running for his life in Miami *check we takin over freestyle* now check how Wayne be reppin the Zo's now

Thats why down here we just laugh at the people who think he Fake and not connected

eyes.gif

smh.gif
Been trying to tell these **#*+! the same $+!# 

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Word??...

Neva said that, I just KNOW a sucka when I see one...

I see one in you...

How you think you could EVER punk me on the internet if you couldn't punk me in the streets?? What part of the game is that...
lol you can't see me though, thanks for proving my point about running your mouth about things you know nothing about... internet tuff guy
ohwell.gif

You're a coward... If YOU or ANYone else has a problem with what I say...

DO somethin about it... Its a small world...

Much too small for someone like YOU to feel comfortable enuff talkin to someone like ME like that...

What part of the game is that??

But I guess I'm bein an "internet tuff guy" for askin you to live by the BS you type to get attention from other men... You tellin me to "shut up" online, in the safty of your home, but I'd bet MY life as well as YOURS you wouldn't take that tone with me in real life...

You have EVERY oppurtunity to prove me wrong...

So you look up to John Gotti, Ricky Ross, Big Meech, etc. I guess you wanna give all these "Real Gangsta's" a HJ for being so hard. Who cares what they think? They haven't earned anything but the opportunity to rot in jail.

He's getting paper and he ain't gotta commit crimes to do it? How is that a bad thing? I don't care if he's fake, it's entertainment. I deal with fake people every day at work. Hell, I gotta act happy and smile and pretend to have mainstream opinions when I don't want to, but it's keeping food on the table. Do what you gotta do to pay the bills, and don't worry about what other people think.
Another guy that can't read...

Where did I say I look up to John Gotti, Ricky Ross, Big Meech??
eyes.gif
 Now you wanna get disrespectful... What part of the game is that??

How you goin say:
Who cares what they think? They haven't earned anything but the opportunity to rot in jail.
Then turn around and say:
Do what you gotta do to pay the bills, and don't worry about what other people think.
You think they were commiting crimes because it was fun?? They was makin a way for themselves and their family...

How would you feel if a N took ya grandfathers moniker and was tryin to make money off that image?? I guess it wouldn't matter to a person that thinks like you as long as the beats were DOPE...

It just so happened to be deemed illegal by a set of rules that wern't written by the ancestors of John Gotti, Rick Ross or Big Meech... What they did is no different then what corperate execs do, or what the cut throats on Wall St do... So to speak down upon another man because of his actions being condemend by a racists backwards soceity makes you look stupid...

I'm not sayin any of the 3 of those dudes were choir boys, no one would say that, but the people that may have died due to their actions were involved in the SAME lifestyle, so if you don't feel sorry for the victor for being a "gangsta" how can you feel sorry for the victin for being a statistic that wasn't stropng enuff to withstand the vengence of the lifestyle they chose to lead?? Its no difference... None of those 3 asked for, nor do they want OUR sorrow... They did what they did, knew the consequences and chose to go that route ANYway...

My issue is with someone that lived an honest life, by the book acting as if he lived a life contrary to that in order to feed their family as if being in the street is fun and glamerous... That ##!+ is wrong, you guys can call it entertainment if you want, but tell that to those actually effected by the conditions some of these rappers make their living off of exploiting...

All I came to Say is that John jr and Carmine Gotti aint gonna do $%*@ ..

Yea that's their Bloodline ..

But them $!*!+# ain't bout the Father's/Grandfather's Life ..
Carmine isn't about that life... As he shouldn't be, he grew up privelaged because of the work his granfather and uncle put in...

But if you think John Gotti Jr isn't capable of doin ANYthing to a rapper you are sadly mistaken...

John Gotti Jr is a chip off the OLD block, the moment he is bothered by Rock Ross using that moniker, a lot of Ns on NT is gonna have to find a NEW fav rapper...

Gotti Jr may not be as smart as his father, but he's JUST as ruthless...

Has/had MORE power than Big Meech or Larry Hoover to be completely honest... & no disrespect to those 2 brothas either... But lets just be real about it...

OH MY GOODNESS.. I just came back in from having a life to see this clown wrote all of this?!?! And on top of that he wrote essays on EVERY page after that? Dog get an midol, your too damn sensitive homie. Grow some balls and stop spilling your emotions online $+$@ lol

P.S. Whats good with the bolded words internet tuff guy? Does that make you feel tuffer?

I dont think Ross is trying to make you believe he lived ANy type of lifestyle.
But he is tho, that's his whole shtick, and stresses it in almost every interview. Especially when the CO thing is brought up...

And it aint got nothin to do with being a "cop". There's been literally thousands of cops deep in some foul #!+% (first black kingpin from Detroit was a cop). That aint the point (and I dont respect that anyway).

The way he handled the C.O situation showed he was embarrassed by it, he wouldn't have been denying it when the news first broke to see if it would just go away. Then he start saying "it was deeper than rap"
laugh.gif
when asked, before he finally confessed. He just handled that situation like a lame N'. So Ima look at you a bit funny-style when you stressing how "real/authentic" you are but your actions may indicate otherwise (being "street" ≠ being "real", btw). Strictly my observation.

And I would never say "he never did ___" or "he lived an honest life to the book" or whatever Nay talkin, I dont know dude. Wouldn't be surprised if he was around what he was talkin in his music, he's obviously connected with N's, but that's nether here nor there. I'd still have the same opinion on that particular situation. 

And look, for those in here talkin bout "you shouldnt care, why you look up to him" or whatever, chill. Stop acting like credibility never mattered in hiphop. That's all some N's have an issue with. You dont have to "look up" to nobody to choose not to F' with (or at least criticize) somebody cuz of what you believe they character may be, how the F' that sound? Im not speaking for myself cuz I F' with his music the same I did before his situation, but I see the point from those who don't.

I mean, worse case scenario for dude, he just a lame N' who make good music, which puts him in the same category as most rappers anyway. And Im rootin for him on a certain level, the homie Dave "Knoxxville" (who's hood I grew up across the street from), is eating with him. So if Ross winning, he winning. If he winning, the hood winning. And he puttin N's from the crib on...

P.S. Whats good with the bolded words internet tuff guy? Does that make you feel tuffer?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

Is he a drug lord? NO

eyes.gif

Keep it real son,  when the last time you saw that man in CC or OL ? 

What your saying might have been somewhat true when he first came out,  but a lot of ppl took offense to the way he %*%%*@+ on Trick.

Co-sign everything EzFlash26 said.

Back
Top Bottom