*The Official SEC FOOTBALL* Season Report

Mississippi St. should definitely get invited to a bowl this year. Sly Croom has done a great job with them this year. Congrats.
If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?

They are gonna follow LSU around until they slip up again.

I don't really care who it is. Either UT or UGA, can one of these teams just go in there and show LSU for the frauds that they are.

should be an interesting 2 weeks to end the season. UK and UGA should defintely be the premier game on cbs.

I feel as if they know they will get guaranteed ratings because everyone wants to watch LSU play, since they are the number 1 team in the land.

Originally Posted by don23lucia

The VOLS need to lose already
smokin.gif
Let the Big DAWGS take care of LSU.

So what is the 7:45 on ESPN? I was hoping we could of gotten that game but we got the 12:30 LFS game.

Edit:
Looks like ESPN is not doing a game this week at 7:45.

Originally Posted by l FR3SH l

Can someone tell me why the hell LSU @ Ole Miss is nationally televised on CBS next week?
at least CBS has picked up our game next week, kickoff is at 1:30.
pimp.gif

NT Poll:

Who's SEC Offensive Player of the yr?

- Tebow
- McFadden
- Woodson

SEC Defensive Player of the Yr?

- Quentin Groves
- Glenn Dorsey
- Greg hardy

SEC Freshman of the yr?
- Knowshon Moreno
- Eric Berry
- Derrick Locke

Tebow
sick.gif
for Offensive POY

i haven't seen enough of them dudes you put up for Defensive POY, so i'll give Honorable Mention to Wesley Woodyard.
pimp.gif

Moreno for ROY....hopefully we can handle him this week, though.

Derrick Locke
pimp.gif

Teabag
smh.gif
smh.gif
I don't like the Gaytards.....But son is prolly gonna end up with 50 touchdownsthis year..... RE-DIC-U-LOUS

Groves or Dorsey....I mean....They are both the anchor on their respective d-lines....Im gonna go w/ Groves....Dude is a BEAST....something like Dwight Freeneyor maybe a Healthy John Abraham...Well I dunno cause QG has missed 2 games....and Dorsey is a MONSTER....even on one leg.....
e5835ee7e03e5f6b9b6d9078baa893704070ca5.gif
it....I'll stick w/ Groves....Nah, I'll go w/ Dorsey

Knowshon for frosh....Though dude from UK is having a good season....I know other schools out there are mad that theytried to force him to be a CB....

Three SEC Players on Walter Camp Watch List
11/14/2007 |
[table][tr][td]
fbc_lsu_glenn_dorsey_2007_164w.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pictured: LSU DT Glenn Dorsey (LSU Photo)[/td] [/tr][/table]
New Haven, Conn. - The Walter Camp Football Foundation has announced 15 "Players to Watch" for its 2007 Player of the Year award, the fourth-oldest individual college football award in the nation.

"It's been quite a college football season so far and the final three weekends are shaping up to be very exciting," said WCFF President John Barbarotta. "We look forward to watching these players distinguish themselves as the possible recipient of our prestigious Player of the Year honor."

A list of the five finalists for the award will be released on Tuesday, November 27.

The 2007 Walter Camp Player of the Year recipient, who is voted on by the 119 Football Bowl Subdivision head coaches and sports information directors, will be announced live on the 6:00 p.m. edition of ESPN SportsCenter on Thursday, December 6. The winner will then receive his trophy at the Foundation's annual national awards banquet on Saturday, January 12, 2008 at the Yale University Commons in New Haven. Tickets ($275) are available by calling (203) 288-CAMP.

Last year's recipient was Troy Smith (Ohio State), who is currently a rookie on the Baltimore Ravens.

Four players - quarterback Colt Brennan (Hawaii), linebacker James Laurinaitis (Ohio State) and running backs Darren McFadden (Arkansas) and Ray Rice (Rutgers) - are on the watch list for the second straight year.

Walter Camp, "The Father of American football," first selected an All-America team in 1889. Camp - a former Yale University athlete and football coach - is also credited with developing play from scrimmage, set plays, the numerical assessment of goals and tries and the restriction of play to eleven men per side. The Walter Camp Football Foundation - a New Haven-based all-volunteer group - was founded in 1967 to perpetuate the ideals of Camp and to continue the tradition of selecting annually an All-America team.

The "Players to Watch" for the 2007 Walter Camp Player of the Year award:

Colt Brennan, QB, Senior, Hawaii - Has passed for 3,216 yards and 28 touchdowns for 9-0 Warriors.

Dan Connor, Senior, LB, Penn State - Has 123 tackles and 6.5 sacks for 8-3 Nittany Lions

Chase Daniel, Junior, QB, Missouri - Has passed for 3,306 yards and 26 touchdowns for 9-1 Tigers.

Dennis Dixon, Senior, QB, Oregon - Has thrown 20 touchdown passes and ran for eight for second-ranked Ducks (8-1).

Glenn Dorsey, Senior, DT, LSU - Anchor of top-ranked Tiger (9-1) defense with 53 tackles and six sacks.

Matt Forte, Senior, RB, Tulane - Nation's leading rusher (1,813 yards) has scored 17 touchdowns for the Green Wave.

James Laurinaitis, Junior, LB, Ohio State - Has 97 tackles, two interceptions and five sacks for 10-1 Buckeyes.

Darren McFadden, Junior, RB, Arkansas - Has rushed for 1,431 yards and 15 touchdowns for 6-4 Razorbacks.

Ray Rice, RB, Junior, Rutgers - Has rushed for 1,500 yards and 16 touchdowns for 6-4 Scarlet Knights.

Matt Ryan, Senior, QB, Boston College - Has passed for 3,269 yards and 24 touchdowns for 8-2 Eagles

George Selvie, Sophomore, DE, South Florida - Leads nation with 14.5 quarterback sacks for 7-3 Bulls.

Kevin Smith, Junior, RB, Central Florida - Leads nation in touchdowns (22) and second in rushing (1,760)

Aqib Talib, Junior, DB, Kansas - Has four interceptions and four receiving touchdowns for 10-0 Jayhawks.

Tim Tebow, Sophomore, QB, Florida - Has passed for 23 touchdowns and rushed for 19 more for 7-3 Gators.

Patrick White, Junior, QB, West Virginia - Has thrown for 11 touchdowns and rushed for 10 for 8-1 Mountaineers.

LSU's Dorsey Named Nagurski Trophy Finalist

11/15/2007 |

[table][tr][td]
fbc_lsu_glenn_dorsey_110307_164w.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pictured: LSU DT Glenn Dorsey (AP Photo)[/td] [/tr][/table]
DALLAS (FWAA) -- Five finalists for the 2007 Bronko Nagurski Trophy, including last season's winner James Laurinaitis of Ohio State, were announced on Thursday by the Football Writers Association of America and the Charlotte Touchdown Club.

Vying for the honor of the best defensive football player in college football are Laurinaitis, LSU tackle Glenn Dorsey, Virginia end Chris Long, South Florida end George Selvie and Kansas cornerback Aqib Talib.

The winner will be announced on Dec. 3 and presented the Bronko Nagurski Trophy at a gala banquet at the Westin Hotel in Charlotte, N.C., where Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer will give the keynote address.

In addition, the FWAA and Charlotte Touchdown Club will present the first Bronko Nagurski Legends Award presented by CSX Intermodal to members of the Michigan State and Notre Dame football teams who played to the historic 10-10 tie in 1966.

The FWAA award is named after Nagurski, who dominated college football at Minnesota as a bruising fullback and tackle from 1927-29. He could have been an All-America at any position, playing 60 minutes and was the best player wherever he lined up.

Laurinaitis, a 6-3, 240-pound junior linebacker from Hamel, Minn., will spearhead the Buckeyes' defense in their showdown with Michigan on Saturday.

He was named Bronko Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week this season for his inspiring career-high, 19-tackle performance in the Buckeyes' 38-17 victory over Wisconsin. This season, Laurinatis has eight tackles for 32 yards in losses and 97 total tackles for the once-beaten Buckeyes. He will seek to join Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald (1995-96) as the second player to win back-to-back Nagurski Trophies.

Dorsey, a 6-2, 303-pound senior from Gonzales, La., has been a stalwart on top-ranked LSU's line the entire season. He has 53 total tackles (33 unassisted) and 11.5 tackles for 62 yards in losses. He has three pass break-ups and four quarterback hurries.

Long, a 6-4, 284-pound senior from Ivy, Va., and son of former NFL great Howie Long, has been instrumental in three Virginia road victories this season. He scored a safety in Virginia's 18-17 victory over Maryland; his 25-yard interception return set up the Cavaliers' winning field goal in a 22-20 victory over North Carolina; and his blocked field goal preserved Virginia's 23-21 victory over Middle Tennessee. On the season, Long has 69 total tackles (30 unassisted), 17 tackles for 114 yards in losses and seven pass break-ups for Virginia, 9-2.

Selvie, a 6-4, 242-pound sophomore from Pensacola, Fla., with 53 total tackles (41 unassisted), leads the country in tackles for loss (30.5) for 138 yards. He is two shy of breaking the NCAA record. Of those tackles for loss, 14.5 are sacks. He has 10 quarterback hurries, three forced fumbles and one blocked kick for the Bulls, 7-3, who still have two regular-season games remaining.

Talib, a 6-2, 205-pound junior from Richardson, Texas, leads the Big 12 Conference in passes defended. He has 48 tackles (31 unassisted), 3.5 tackles for eight yards in losses, four interceptions (135 return yards) and 11 pass break-ups for the unbeaten Jayhawks. He returned an interception 100 yards for a touchdown against Florida International. He also is known as a hard-hitter, knocking Oklahoma State receiver Adarius Bowman out of the Jayhawks' most recent victory.

The Charlotte Touchdown Club is a non-profit organization founded in 1990 for the purpose of promoting high school, collegiate, and professional football in the Charlotte, N.C. region. The club's activities and services focus community attention on the outstanding citizenship, scholarship, sportsmanship, and leadership of area athletes and coaches. For more information, contact John Rocco (704-347-2918 or jrocco@touchdownclub.com). The official website of the Charlotte Touchdown Club is www.touchdownclub.com.

The Football Writers Association of America, a non-profit organization founded in 1941, consists of nearly 1,000 men and women across North America who cover college football for a living. The membership includes journalists, broadcasters and publicists, as well as key executives in all the areas that involve the game. The FWAA works to govern areas that include gameday operations, major awards, a national poll and its annual All-America team.

For more information on the Bronko Nagurski Trophy and the FWAA, contact FWAA executive director Steve Richardson (972-713-6198 or tigerfwaa@aol.com).

WOWWWWW

the holiday is a week away but Woodson is carvin up these UGA DBs like Turkeys

ANother UGA Turnover ...

THANKS FOR GIVIN'

kNO-SHOWn Moreno
nerd.gif
wit a fumble too

A Helmet Sticker goes to Brent Schaeffer for playing some gad damn good football today.
pimp.gif

Too Bad Ed Ogeron gave up a shot to win by pulling him down at the goal line.

ole_miss.jpg

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

A Helmet Sticker goes to Brent Schaeffer for playing some gad damn good football today.
pimp.gif

Too Bad Ed Ogeron gave up a shot to win by pulling him down at the goal line.

ole_miss.jpg

Never thought I'd see the day...

Woodson needs to go out on top on Senior Day next weekend...
nerd.gif

Woodson needs to go out on top on Senior Day next weekend.
Word

I really don't have the money to go to Atlanta and get a ticket to the UGA-GT game. I may stay at the crib and flip between the the UK-Tenn game andGT-UGA.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sources: Nutt not expected to return to Arkansas as coach
By Chris Low and Mark Schlabach
ESPN.com[/h1]

Updated: November 17, 2007, 9:30 PM ET

Houston Nutt is not expected to return next season as Arkansas football coach, multiple sources told ESPN.com Friday night.

Nutt is the second longest tenured coach in the Southeastern Conference behind Tennessee's Phillip Fulmer. He's taken the Razorbacks to two SEC championship games, including last season when the Hogs were defeated by eventual national champion Florida. An Arkansas spokesman wouldn't confirm to ESPN.com Friday night that Nutt was out as coach and said no decision has been made about Nutt's future at the school. "Coach Nutt hasn't resigned and he hasn't been fired," Arkansas sports information director Kevin Trainor said. "The chancellor and athletics director haven't made a decision yet." Nutt scolded the media Saturday about reports indicating this will be his last year with the Razorbacks.
"It wasn't true yesterday and it's not true today," Nutt said after Arkansas beat Mississippi State 45-31. "And it's not right to do that -- to make statements like that to your team -- unless you have a real source from either that athletic director of that school or me. And you don't, so you make up things."
Various reports have surfaced saying Nutt won't be back next year, although they did not give a clear indication of whether Nutt would be dismissed or leave on his own. "I haven't talked to one athletic director except for [Arkansas' Frank] Broyles and [Arkansas] Chancellor [John] White, and so to make statements like that and try to disrupt your team and create all these stories, it's kind of foolish," Nutt said. "I felt sorry for our team because everybody's asking them what's going on, 'Is it true?' It's just a bad deal." A Fort Smith, Ark., TV station also reported Friday night that Nutt wouldn't return to coach the Razorbacks next season. KHBS-TV reported on its Web site that multiple sources confirmed Nutt will be "leaving at the end of the season. Sources could not confirm whether Nutt would offer his resignation, be fired or possibly accept another position." Earlier this week, multiple sources told ESPN.com that new Arkansas athletics director Jeff Long, who officially takes over when long-time Razorbacks AD Broyles retires Dec. 31, was leaning toward replacing Nutt as the school's football coach. Long was at Saturday's game but would not comment to The Associated Press on Nutt's situation. The sources told ESPN.com that a decision wouldn't be announced until after the Razorbacks finish the regular season. Arkansas plays its final regular-season game at No. 1 LSU on Nov. 23. The Hogs are laboring through a disappointing season with a 7-4 record, 3-4 in the SEC West. Nutt has a 74-48 record in his 10th season at Arkansas and has led the Hogs to seven bowl games. Nutt praised his players for playing through the distractions Saturday. "I was just really pleased and proud of how they performed with everything going on," he said. Star tailback Darren McFadden said it wasn't too hard to focus. "We've seen and heard about everything," McFadden said. "It's just something we have to overlook. ... It is something coach Nutt told us was going on. I don't think there was any truth to the rumors that were going around." Sources told ESPN.com that Arkansas could owe Nutt as much as $5 million, including deferred money, to buy out the remaining five years of his contract. Nutt received a one-year extension last season following the Hogs' SEC championship game appearance. He earns about $1.05 million per year, not including more than $400,000 in annual deferred annuities he would be owed by the school. Nutt has been under intense scrutiny since the Razorbacks lost their last three games to finish 10-4 last season. Arkansas won the SEC Western Division, but lost to Florida 38-28 in the SEC Championship Game. The Hogs then lost to Wisconsin 17-14 in the Capital One Bowl. Nutt was not about to make any predictions about his future on Saturday. "I go one day at a time. All I want to do is coach this season, and then we have an evaluation time after the end of each year with the athletic director -- this time, probably with Jeff Long," Nutt said. "Stop predicting and stop making up rumors. I would wait until after the meeting with the athletic director -- the new athletic director, Jeff Long -- and then make comments to get some facts." After the 2006 season, highly regarded quarterback Mitch Mustain and receiver Damian Williams transferred to Southern California. Offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, who coached Mustain, Williams and two other Arkansas players at Springdale (Ark.) High School, left for the same position at Tulsa. The defections were only the beginning of Nutt's problems last summer. Fans filed open records requests for Nutt's cell phone records, and the coach was subpoenaed as part of a lawsuit over an e-mail one of Nutt's family friends sent Mustain.

i think everyone knew this was coming sooner or later.

[table][tr][td]
Ole Miss puts 20 players on probation for twice stealing items from hotels
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] By CHRIS TALBOTT, Associated Press Writer
November 18, 2007
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) -- Mississippi put 20 players on probation Sunday after they twice stole items from hotels.

A news release said the players have paid for the items, which included radios and pillows. Ole Miss coach Ed Orgeron said in the release that the players will be on probation indefinitely.

Officials said the items stolen cost between $15 and $40.

"Any actions similar to this will result in more severe penalties which may include dismissal from the team," Orgeron said in the release.

The action comes a day after the Rebels lost 41-24 to No. 1 LSU in Oxford. It appears the players will be allowed to play Friday at Mississippi State in the final game of the season.

A spokesman said a list of disciplined players was not available. Neither Orgeron nor athletic director Pete Boone immediately returned messages Sunday. Boone is scheduled to attend Orgeron's weekly news conference Monday to answer questions about the disciplinary action.

It was not clear from the release when or where the items were stolen. Ole Miss stays in hotels for home and away games. When they play in Oxford, they stay at a hotel in nearby Tupelo on Friday nights to get away from distractions.

This is at least the fourth disciplinary action Orgeron has taken this season. He reinstated Greg Hardy last week after suspending the defensive end for two games. Offensive linemen Corey Actis and John Jerry were docked starts. Orgeron has said in those cases team rules were broken, not the law.

Orgeron also suspended four players and dismissed another last season after police caught them smoking marijuana. Only one of the four suspended returned to the team this season.

Ole Miss' NCAA compliance officer said in the statement that the players disciplined Sunday do not face sanctions.

"Since the student-athletes have made restitution, there are no NCAA rules violations," said David Wells, senior associate athletics director for compliance.

roll.gif

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Ole Miss is up 14-0 on Miss St.

Come on Rebels. I can't believe I'm rooting against Croom, but we need them, USC, and Bama to finish up 6-6, so if we win, that we can have a chancefor bowl eligibility.

Back
Top Bottom