The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Welp. Rafa and "Nole" both in four sets. Still think Ernie takes the first or second set. "Muzz" takes the third against Nadal.

Really?  Halep vs Genie, I'd give the edge to Halep!

Anyway, huge hitting by Genie right now to save match-points. 

Credit to Genie though, that has to be the best she's ever played... well, certainly the best I've ever seen her play, really raised her game on the big occasion.

One more to go, Halep's definitely going to be the biggest test yet!

Last edited:
TR
laugh.gif
LL

Petko vs. Simona... gonna be good........ I hope. 

EDIT ~ Very impressive stuff by Halep... very calm. 

Last edited:
Meh, nice little fightback while it lasted, but result as expected.

Maria will have to bring her triple A game on Saturday, can't afford that slow start against this girl.

Last edited:
Simona was so awesome in the 1st... strong comeback by Petko in the 2nd, but damn, she cracked a bit in that TB.  

I will be neutrally supporting Simona in the final... if that makes sense. 
laugh.gif

Spot-on with Nole in four sets. Vamos, Rafa. Close "Muzz" out in straights. Sorry, Brit. Has to be a winner and loser.

laugh.gif
 So much hate for Muzza.

Rafa's peaking at the right time, but Andy's far from his best... looks so flat and sluggish.  Shots not doing much to hurt Rafa.  Rafa playing well within his comfort zone. 

:lol:  So much hate for Muzza.

Rafa's peaking at the right time, but Andy's far from his best... looks so flat and sluggish.  Shots not doing much to hurt Rafa.  Rafa playing well within his comfort zone. 
Half-watching. Murray expended all his energy to get past Monfils?

I'm sure it probably had something to do with it... don't forget, he also had a long match vs. Kohlschreiber the other day too.  I think they said he's spent the most hours on the court out of the 4 semi-finalists?  Together with a very-sharp Rafa, you'll get that scoreline.  

YESSSS! did you know you were going to lose Gulbis? Did you?

Now.....

View media item 1011687

VAMOS!

edit: Surprisingly I have no problem with Murray. Wish he had a better second serve though.

Last edited:
Well I never expected Murray to win today as mentioned on Wednesday against the king of RG but surprised how easy it was. Still can't understand the hate for him though.

Back
Top Bottom