The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

:lol: MJ didn't mind too much to be there because of the fat check Nike cut him.

:smh: ESPN

:smokin nike's marketing dept at its best with the product placement. Well played

Back to tennis

made it home in time for the 3rd set of the Fed Match. he looked annoyed :lol:

also saw the williams/townsend match.

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely gotta hand it to the Nike folks on this one.  The timing of the Fed/MJ pic... the vids between them... the coverage during the match... and the post-match stuff.  Way to create the buzz... oven overshadowed the match! 

Yeah, definitely gotta hand it to the Nike folks on this one.  The timing of the Fed/MJ pic... the vids between them... the coverage during the match... and the post-match stuff.  Way to create the buzz... oven overshadowed the match! 

exactly...last night's match wasn't even about the start of Fed's attempt at number 18

So the Black Melanie Oudin lost today? She should serve as a cautionary tale to other young American players that a win over a top player doesn't equal success unless you put in the work to be great.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Nike had something to do with Jordan being there, so I didn't think it had to be said. It was still cool to see, though.

Sloane's gone, huh? There was so much talk on ESPN yesterday about expecting her to go deep into the tournament for some reason...

Maria's the queen of comebacks, so I don't normally get too worried if she goes a set down and I'm usually fairly confident she'll bring it back...

But I dunno, something about her doesn't look right at all today. Gonna have to dig deep here.

And those "Rogordans" are awful! 
sick.gif
 ...thought Fed had more class than that lol.

Last edited:

Maria's the queen of comebacks, so I don't normally get too worried if she goes a set down and I'm usually fairly confident she'll bring it back...

But I dunno, something about her doesn't look right at all today. Gonna have to dig deep here.

And those "Rogordans" are awful! 
sick.gif
 ...thought Fed had more class than that lol.
laugh.gif
 money is money, if Nike's cuttin the check then lace em up and don't ask questions

Lol yeah, C.R.E.A.M. of course, I just guess the Rolex, Mercedes and Moët endorsements had me fooled into thinking he had a little more taste to go with it 
laugh.gif

Even the commentators are now saying they've never seen Maria like this... I reckon she may have a bug/virus of some sort.

Still seems to just be slowly fighting her way back though.

Last edited:
^
She was up in the tiebreak I think 5-3 or 5-4 and was serving. She couldn't finish it out. Props to the camera people for all the butt shots.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom