The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

I think most top 10 players would of killed for Novaks year. 12k ranking points, well clear at Number 1 in the world, winner of the biggest one of them all.

Last edited:
despite still eventually going down as one of the GOAT, do you guys feel rafa career will be remembered with the "what if?" tag due to all his injurys?

like watching the us open..i could have seen a healthy rafa dominate this year for some reason.

i mean even through all his injuries, losing to stan in the aust open while basically barely playing 50% is just one of many examples

Last edited:
His injuries I think are in part due to his style of play and if he didn't play like that he may not have had the success he has so it probably balances out over his career

In terms of the Rafa/Roger conversations, Roger wins, for one stat. Fed had a streak of 23 straight GS semifinals. Taking into account the depth in the men's game, the grind of a season, the conditioning involved, the focus required, it's an insane accomplishment. The GS title count will be challenged, but I can't imagine a player ever coming close to that type of run. IMO, it's one of the greatest stats in sports.

However, if I had to put my life on the line and rely on one player in one match (a la Tyrion Lanister) at their absolute peak, I would pick Nadal in a heartbeat. Well, maybe him or Marat Safin.

I take Rafa as well because he is mentally stronger than Roger. I still insist that Roger's complete dominance over the tour didn't do him any favors to help him develop Rafa's mental strength. I'm not saying Roger is mentally weak but I think he is against Rafa.

[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

BxNtzzrIgAAgjyn.jpg:large

BxNtz42IYAEsiH2.jpg:large

This happens quite often on the WTA tour. Didn't she not fill out the paperwork confirming she was coming?
Yeah, it happens, but I think it was just the way Genie's team handled it... MIA for a few days... then a very late withdrawal.  Left the organizers scrambling for a top-seed fill-in.  Luckily they were able to get Sabine.  

Haven't been able to reenter this thread. Nishikori manhandling hurt too much. Not sure he'll receive another golden opportunity to win a Slam such as the '14 USO. Great season of Slams, guys.

laugh.gif
 I'll put that down to "good reflexes"... If the ball was going directly towards him, then that's all he could do.  

He'll get his chance again.  France are playing the Swiss in the DC final. 

Tennis Player from France would rather be a showman than a great player. He has all the talent in the world.

I used to be a fan of The Tennis Player from France but no longer. All the choke jobs, all the times his poor fitness cost him matches, all those times he mentally folded.

He's 28, the window of opportunity has closed?

Sadly, yes. His main problem is his mental strength and focus. Sadly we've been talking about his potential for years and I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't want to be great. He is perfectly fine being a great entertainer by making the occasional unbelievable shot but that's as far as it goes. If only he had Roger's, Rafa's or Nole's desire to be great. That NT saying "let that boy cook" fits perfectly to him.

Watching letterman top 10s from athletes is kinda painful lol. I laughed but these guys need to put some emotion in! Some body language! Or even just voice tone!

When Gael Baseline decided to skip last year's Wimbledon because of "personal" problems....sure. I was like whaterver...clown.

Back
Top Bottom