The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

Given that he probably has enough for LDN, maybe he'll skip Paris?  Or at least just show up and see what's left in the tank?  Surely 6 weeks in a row is too much.  At least he'll get 1 week before LDN. 

EDIT.

Valencia+Open+500+Day+Seven+pS8jTWKrYCwx.jpg

Valencia+Open+500+Day+Seven+rLz6ChinJQNx.jpg

Valencia+Open+500+Day+Seven+9bpGksYYqv4x.jpg

Valencia+Open+500+Day+Seven+dSZqmUFqAZXx.jpg

Last edited:
Yes he was visibly wasted but according to the atp website he needs to get to Quaters in Paris to guarantee London place and not be reliant on others. Can't see it though. Think he will go out first or second round but still qualify. Tired yes but confidence now sky high. Great to see him back where he belongs. 3 tournament wins in 5 weeks

Raonic saves his season by upsetting Fed in straight sets.

Hoping for a Milos vs. Nole final now.

Last edited:
I only caught bits of it, but Muzz looked gassed... and understandably so.  A blessing in disguise perhaps.

600th win. 20th Masters 1000. 6th title of 2014. Surprisingly, Nole is the first player ever to defend the BNP Paribas Masters title.

Raonic had a handful of really sloppy unforced errors during the match. Overall, he had 29 UEs compared to Djokovic's 10.

Last edited:
With as much as Caro runs during a match I think she'll do well at the marathon

3:26:33... 7:53 avg.  

I don't run, but those look like impressive numbers... 

B1dMfxWIQAAAz_1.jpg

BFF 'Rena was there at the finishline...

10729360_1504791096440357_1780539325_n.jpg

Last edited:
Especially given her personal issues... 

Meanwhile, Petko won Sofia...

B1dQYwICAAAYHAp.jpg:large

Last edited:
Caro is set to have a great 2015. She has changed from a complete pusher to a counterpuncher which I didn't think was possible. I think she might win a slam in 2015.

I heard Halep fired her coach recently. I guess not being able to get over the hump will do that to you. She had great results besides fizzling out at the end of slams.

Yeah, on the surface, that makes no sense... but who knows what's really happening.  Maybe he had other plans?  Just hope she can continue her form into 2015. 

Vika and Serena are pretty decent friends as well. The Oz Open should be in March IMO. The turnaround time is too quick.

Caro & Aga have always been pretty tight.  I remember a few years ago (before they were that well known), when they visited for an exo, they'd always be seen hanging out with each other.  It helps that Caro speaks Polish too.  

Back
Top Bottom