The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

^^LOL!

Week of Indian Wells! Starting Weds right? Im so ready to have that on in the background here in at work. Any predictions on how Serena will do on her return?

For the Genie-Army...

Eugenie+Bouchard+11th+Annual+Desert+Smash+ojnGXWxP8kLx.jpg

11th+Annual+Desert+Smash+0usTrvJmhLHx.jpg

11th+Annual+Desert+Smash+ZfJ5NlkN_Tsx.jpg

11th+Annual+Desert+Smash+tSyl5mHxGKVx.jpg

And the Bielibers...

Justin+Bieber+11th+Annual+Desert+Smash+UVxN2HEqKnKx.jpg

Justin+Bieber+11th+Annual+Desert+Smash+63VLrE6wulcx.jpg

Justin+Bieber+11th+Annual+Desert+Smash+sYNi6PbQdM6x.jpg

ol' using continental 1 hand backhand using scrub....... lame.

JK. lol. no h8

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 The fact that he changed grips though... maybe he's taken lessons?

Wish there was more video of it...

Better than... 
laugh.gif

11th+Annual+Desert+Smash+Hosted+Will+Ferrell+c1EMAi0o-XQx.jpg

I'm not sure why, but Genie doesn't look too happy next to Bieber.
laugh.gif

I'd love to to go Indian Wells sometime next week when it gets closer to the finals, but I'm not too keen about making a 2+ hour drive to the desert.
sick.gif

I'm really curious to see how the crowd will react to Serena when she plays tomorrow. After her long absence, it'd be great to see her become the first person to win Indian Wells for the third time.

Last edited:
It was ugly, but the Queen got it done. Although she obviously wasn't playing well because of all the emotions going through her head, you can tell Niculescu's forehand slice was really bothering her.

Edit: Here's the video of the crowd's reaction to Serena's return.

Last edited:
Great first set by Sloane....Then she went all Marat Safin.

That challenge on that 128mph serve. lol.

Serena could have lost. That was a pretty crappy start but what else is new. She had so many unforced errors I thought it was 2002 again.

Donald Young played pretty well against Rafa. I thought he was going to take that first set. Young should be happy with the way he's been playing lately. He's pretty close to his win total from last year in the third month of 2015.

Going back to Vika, I think we should pretty much know if she can regain her form by the summer hard court season. At a quick glance, she doesn't have a lot of points to defend until then, so she can only go up in the rankings right now. At the latest, she should be 100% by the beginning of 2016.

One more thing... I know Ferrer doesn't get talked about a lot since the Big 3 (and the next Big 3) tend to overshadow him, but he's having a great year. I wasn't expecting him to lose so early, but he surprisingly doesn't have a great record at Indian Wells. I'm not saying he's going to win a Slam, but I think it's pretty impressive to see the 32-year-old leading the competition with an 18-2 record and an ATP-best 3 titles so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom