The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Conny Perrin and Tara Moore are engaged. If they make it down the aisle they'd be the first married couple on the WTA tour.

His post-match press conference was interesting. A reporter asked if the majors made him feel added pressure and rafa looked a little agitated by the question. He said he's won 14 majors and is 30 years old, the majors don't give him more pressure.

Pretty shocked to see Rafa lose that... up a break in the 5th and seemingly in control.  Lucas dipped at the start of the 5th, but raised his level again towards the end.  Some uncharacteristic misses from Rafa, but Lucas played really well... just went for so many shots and was so close to the lines...  Incredible. 

3 French players in the QF's, with GOATfils leading the way! 

Hell of a match. Heard this was pouille 's 3rd five setter in a row? Dang hope he recovers well enough to play Gael

Dom's had a ridiculous 1st half of 2016... then realized he shouldn't have played so much... feeling the effects now. 

My goodness Pliskova just choked

Edit: Nvm V decided to outdo her and give it up

Last edited:
Great win for Konjuh! I hope this is the big breakthrough she deserves after stalling/injuries from her early success on the tour. She is a very talented player. She's a bit different than these other power players because she's much smarter with point construction and has much more variety. Future top 10 is in store for her if she can remain consistent. Aga's flops at the USO continue.

Last edited:
Dimitrov got washed by Muzz

People saying he was the "Future Fed" =  
laugh.gif

Dimitrov got washed by Muzz

People saying he was the "Future Fed" =  
laugh.gif
More like "Baby Fed", but to be fair, I think that was more cuz of how similar their groundstrokes looked.  

But he's 25 already?!  Time does fly!  He's had a decent run of form over the past few matches/tournaments, but he's still too inconsistent.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom