The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Great speeches from both guys. Meddy ever so funny and genuine.
I just wish they'd give the players the mic and let them speak rather than an interview.

TF you mean Andy won his USO 20 years ago... I still remember it and that was just a few years ago! 😭💀

That's more than Meldopova got. At least this came to a conclusion. I didn't like how they kept cancelling hearings but I agree with the result.

I had no idea that Sloane is still ranked in the Top 50. She has so much talent and ability to win another slam but the mental game is lacking and I suspect that her and Jozy might start a family soon

I've been seeing more and more clips of this dude. What's his story? I clearly don't know a ton about tennis but I can't imagine people don't flip the hell out if he was stylin on people in like the us open or Wimbledon. That one hangtime smash was so crazy :lol:

I really think tennis is just a free vacation for most players. Keys bout to be bounced now too. If it ain’t a major these players don’t care.

I've been seeing more and more clips of this dude. What's his story? I clearly don't know a ton about tennis but I can't imagine people don't flip the hell out if he was stylin on people in like the us open or Wimbledon. That one hangtime smash was so crazy :lol:
In terms of pure athleticism, Monfils has been one of (if not) the best on tour for more than a decade. He's entertaining to watch because of all the highlight reel type of plays he makes and he loves getting the crowd involved in a match.

However, that's also been the problem with him... He always seems more interested in being a showman more than anything else. For all the talent Monfils has (former Top 10 player), he's never had a big title to his name. He's 37, so he's not in the prime of his career anymore, but he could have had so much more in his career if he took tennis a lot more serious. He's easily one of the biggest underachievers on tour.

Last edited:
Also... WTH is UTS?!?!? 😂😂
But I despise portrait videos so much... can't see ish. I wish they'd stop doing that. 😒

50 years ago today...

Billie Jean King vs. Bobby Riggs in the Battle of the Sexes.

rawImage.jpg

ratio3x2_1440.webp

ratio3x2_1440.webp

ratio3x2_1440.webp

ratio3x2_2400.webp

ratio3x2_1440.webp

ratio3x2_2400.webp

1440x0.webp

Missed the final, but really impressive stuff from Sinner. He beat Alcaraz for the fourth time in the SF (first player with four wins against Carlos) and finally defeated Meddy for the first time to win the title.

Back
Top Bottom