The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

Seriously!?!?!  Damn!!!  Go demo the new Prince's... POG 100 & Response!

I was debating it. I demo other rackets when I get the chance. But I may just stick with Babolat for a while. Might just stack and get a stringer instead. lol.

Elena Baltacha hangs up the raquet.

Rafa to play a live poker charity event in Prague 12/12.

That should be interesting.

Last edited:
Interesting choice, I don't think he's a better coach than Thomas Hogstedt, but we'll see.

My man.

In stock-form the POG 100 is pretty good.  I leaded mine up a bit (initially too much; 8g @ the hoop) and it made a hell of a difference.  

I never leaded my previous sticks ('cept for my JPN-spec EXO Graphite), so I took the trial & error approach to this. 

Leather-grip strung weight was around 336g, so I guess I had room to work with as I usually like it around +340g's.  In stock form, the 100 is a bit head-light so it was all in the hoop.  I started with 2g each at 3 & 9 and 4g at 12 for a total of 8g.  Sure... 8g... doesn't sound like much... till I played about an hour with it... 
laugh.gif
  My shoulder got tired in a hurry.  But during the first 30mins, it felt pretty good.  When I hit the ball cleanly, it felt VERY solid.  Lots of plow-through.  

When I got home, I took the 4g's off of 12 o'clock.  Will hit with it again on Monday.  

Waiting for it to arrive in the mail! lol. Pretty pumped. But had a really good hitting session over the weekend. Bummed that my local shop doesn't carry the poly I like. Volkl Cyclone 17g. I usually have my friend string for me anyway so no biggie. Looking into getting a stringer for myself.

I also got tempted as the owner of the same shot was offering me a pretty good deal on the latest model Pure Drive Roddick.

^ Haha, now it's been built-up too much... it better not disappoint!  It probably will!!! 
sweat.gif

What's the demo-program like in the States?  How long and for how much? 

I go to tennis-warehouse.com to demo. Usually get a week and just have to pay for shipping for up to 4 rackets.

I doubt it will disappoint. But it will take a life altering experience to get me to switch at this point. lol!

Just for fun.

Has Borris even coached before? I never thought coaching was Nole 's problem. He was a few untimely errors from winning the French for sure and possibly the US open. I will be interested.

^ Yep, similar thoughts crossed my mind too.

I never considered coaching to be a huge issue (or problem) for him especially considering how tight his camp was.  It's not like Murray's situation where he was struggling with the last hurdle of winning a grand slam.  Sure, he lost in 2 slam finals and a semi to Rafa, but Rafa was having a ridiculous season, while everything was on Nole's side.  Mentally, I'm not sure (or don't know, rather), what more he can gain from Becker.  

Technique-wise, he can definitely work on his net-game and instincts regarding that aspect.  It's harder to approach the net nowadays, but if Nole can improve his net-game, it can definitely making a better player, all-around.  

Still... on the whole, I'm not sure what to think about this cooperation... what to expect from it.  I think quite a few tennis-pundits feel the same way.  It'll be interesting to see how his game evolves in the next 12 months. 

No, I don't think Boris has coached before... but if his coach is as good as his commentary, Nole's dooooomed... 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Demo was good! Yeah I like the stick a lot! Definitely a classic stick.

But not enough to tear me away from what I'm using.

Oh and a local shop gave me a great deal....so I picked up the 2012 Babolat Pure Drive Roddick..:wow::tongue:

So ready for the next season.

Back
Top Bottom