The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Maria+Sharapova+Winter+Olympic+Games+Opening+fMGcGaw_SgKx.jpg

No, he's always used an eastern FH... it probably twisted after contact.  Best to look at before-contact photos. 

EDIT ~ Here...
Roger+Federer+Australian+Open+Day+12+SzHtnuXrtBvx.jpg

Man, its crazy how thick tennis players' forearms are, while their biceps are relatively skinny as hell. I can only imagine how much of their strength training involves core workouts.

Serena is out of Doha and IW with the back injury she suffered at the Oz open

Man, its crazy how thick tennis players' forearms are, while their biceps are relatively skinny as hell. I can only imagine how much of their strength training involves core workouts.
Yeah, a common characteristic... even for club-players, their dominant-forearm should be noticeably bigger than their weaker-one. 

And I guess it's more so for old-school players as the sticks back then were much heavier...

Rod%2BLaver.jpg

Anyone in here ever been to Roland Garros or Wimbledon?
I have been to Wimbledon almost every year since 1979. Has changed a lot since then but still a great experience.
Oh! So jelllllz... 
mad.gif

I've only been to a few smaller ATP tourneys and some exos.  Who have you seen?

McEnroe. Becker, Edberg, Agassi, Sampras, Fed, Rafa, Murray and Henman of course plus lots of British journeymen.

Steffi, Novotna, both Williams, Sharapova, Martina.

I'm lucky to have family involved so tickets never an issue

Only been twice to Wimbledon, like Champ said, getting to the other GS venues at least once is definitely on the bucket list.

Will try and scan in and upload some photos of my visits there over the years in the week but here is one I had on my phone from 2013. Ladies semi final Lisciki centre court
That's beautiful.

That was a good match that led her to her 1st GS final if memory serves me right.

EDIT: Just read your earlier posts, extremely jealous. Looking forward to your pictures.

Last edited:
Will try and scan in and upload some photos of my visits there over the years in the week but here is one I had on my phone from 2013. Ladies semi final Lisciki centre court
You don't even know what I would give...

mean.gif

nthat.gif
devil.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Anyone in here ever been to Roland Garros or Wimbledon?

05 Wimbledon - didn't have a clue who this new kid Murray peeps were talking about
06 FO - first time seeing this crazy looking pirate clad Nadal
04,'12. '13 USO love the city and a relaxed laid back atmosphere

05 Wimbledon - didn't have a clue who this new kid Murray peeps were talking about
06 FO - first time seeing this crazy looking pirate clad Nadal
04,'12. '13 USO love the city and a relaxed laid back atmosphere
Wow, I'm pretty jealous.

What was your most memorable GS and why? 

As any tennis fan Wimbledon is the Mecca When you walk through the gates and see the names of past champions, it's the hallowed grounds of kings and queens of tennis. You see people camping out for days to get in. Then, during match times don't you dare take your seats while play is going on. When I went before the changes, center court is smaller than on TV. You're literally on top of the players. Not a bad seat in the house. I went there with the tennis tour group.
The French open is incredible. Again I went with a tennis group and was able to hit for an hour on the outside practice courts. You talk about the sheer physical stamina to hit for hours of these pros! My wife is a terrible player and she was able to chase down balls and return them back to me! Red clay is waaay slower than American.
Lastly, the USO. I love NYC! The tournament is as rowdy and as electric as the city. It's fan friendly and a great festive atmosphere. Plus it's the cheapest for me!

Back
Top Bottom