The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Lots of awesome moments from that 1st match...

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+u6nsdc-EWJ2x.jpg

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+froasis6m-xx.jpg

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+LfaTu24Q5ZKx.jpg

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+BNieLodXGhLx.jpg

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+zVHFO2fhXlix.jpg

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+Y85Zj3xamCBx.jpg

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+lU76Et9sBjyx.jpg

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+ZZ6ZznnIOUrx.jpg

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+KHdxF4LkCBlx.jpg

Last edited:
So sad about the outcome of the Del Po match. He seems to be back in form though, and he's only 24. His future is bright.

He really showed me something today, so much young talent on display today Tennis is in good hands going forward out of te Federer era.

Andy winning 3-1 :pimp:, now I need him to lose to Djoker in 4

Nole in five. Sabine in straight sets.

Can't help but feel Raonic and Nishikori missed golden opportunities to make noise in a major tournament. Coming out party of sorts, wasted.

^ Don't forget Grigor! I expected him to have a decent run this year! What a let-down from all these "future stars"! 

Probably Nole in 4, but I would like Andy to take it.

Also, didn't even know this was being debated... 

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/blogs/2013-07-05/201307051373034556668.html

IMO, keep it the way it is. Make it a best-of-3 sets will make the tournament "just another grass court event".  

Anyway...

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+0bvixKsMJOMx.jpg

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+qy0R2X0i3Wmx.jpg

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+d67A5YrjIZfx.jpg

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+QXwmhoM4_Ttx.jpg

We're gonna see more of this guy...

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+nQ2SaE-aPFux.jpg

Championships+Wimbledon+2013+Day+Eleven+BgqhpiZpFElx.jpg

laugh.gif

BOclp_ACMAIcB1m.jpg:large

^
That is so dumb. So they don't care that the #1 player doesn't want to keep slipping out there? Well probably not since he's facing Murray.

I bet they wouldn't say a single thing if it were Murray changing shoes.

The average American IQ is 98, the same average as in France, so Bartoli is well above that number. Her IQ of 175 has her in the top 0.0003 percent of the world, so yeah, that's a staggering number from a pretty darn good tennis player.

Sabine cooked :lol: i cant feel bad

Finally Fatoli's time, love the way she played this tournament

I have tremendous respect for Bartoli. Win lose or draw I respect that her and her dad did it their way. Unusual training methods and all.

Indeed. She's an emotional person to begin with. Mix in the huge occasion... and there you have it.

Such a shame as the quality has been so poor.

:smokin Marion.

Matches like this reinforce just how important mental strength is in tennis. Marion was just mentally tougher. It's harder to win when you're expected to win.

Well, that "comeback" was fun while it lasted. 

Marion brought her game... gotta respect that.

congrats to bartoli. good run by sabine, thought she was gonna do something when she beat triple championship point to go 4-5, but alas. that last ace to win was filthy too.

bryan twins up next, this has got to be their 845th slam final right? i wonder if they would do any good in singles...

Congrats to Marion.

Heartbreaking for Sabine, especially considering the mental toughness she showed to get there in the first place.

But she'll be back, and on the plus side it's such an invaluable experience to play under the pressure of a GS final and as favorite, this can only strengthen her mentally. 

Still tough to watch though, I have never wanted someone to win as badly as I did Boom Boom today lol.

Last edited:
ain't mad about the result :smokin Marion is just ready to win this time while Sabine appears to be happy just to make it there.

Makes me :smh: at Serena for gift wrapping that match to Sabine, who always folds under pressure. Time to get her **** in shape

Back
Top Bottom