The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

I'm happy for serena... Obviously I would have love to see her win 1 more but at the same time I don't want to watch her getting washed in every match either... She's considered the goat and has nothing else to prove imo... It's well deserved

Rooting for Serena to go out on top at the US Open.

Whether she gets another major she's the GOAT to me.

She and Venus are absolute legends.

At the moment the sport has an integrity problem. Too much picking a choosing when a player wants to actually give an effort.

Watching 15-year-old Valerie Glozman in qualifying rn.

American women's tennis is so ******* deep it's ridiculous. I don't want to compare the two, but at 15 I'd say Valerie is better than Gauff was at that age.

Watching 15-year-old Valerie Glozman in qualifying rn.

American women's tennis is so ****ing deep it's ridiculous. I don't want to compare the two, but at 15 I'd say Valerie is better than Gauff was at that age.
All the American women can beat each other on any given day. Wouldn’t really say there’s a dominant one. Amanda Anisimova and Coco are probably the best of the bunch.

1661440424609.png

Not too surprised about Naomi... she's still a 4x Grand Slam winner after all...
But Venus and Kei is a bit surprising, if I'm honest!

Kei probably gets a good bulk of his sponsorship from Japanese and Asian companies. The average Joe stateside will not know who he is, but probably a rockstar in Japan.

I’m sure Osaka playing under the Japan flag makes her marketable over there too

Over the past ten years, Yonex has been sponsoring Osaka's tennis rackets. Nike supports her with apparel. She is the ambassador for Japanese automobile manufacturer Nissan Motor and Japanese electronics manufacturer Citizen Watch.

She also endorses several other Japanese companies, including noodle maker Nissin Foods, cosmetics producer Shiseido, the broadcasting station Wowow, and airline All Nippon Airways (ANA).

Naomi Osaka is the brand ambassador for Mastercard. Her other endorsements include Bare Minerals, Body Armor, Hyperice, Melco Resorts, Morinaga, and Ariel Japan.

Halep out in the first round... 😕

I didn't expect her to win the tournament, but I thought she would make a nice run after winning Canada.

Kei probably gets a good bulk of his sponsorship from Japanese and Asian companies. The average Joe stateside will not know who he is, but probably a rockstar in Japan.
He absolutely does... and, indeed, is huge in Japan... I knew he got mega bucks, but didn't expect it to be that mega.

SImo tho........ 😮😮😮
That Ukrainian quali was very solid tho.

Back
Top Bottom