The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Dominika packs a punch for her stature. I think her power surprises opponents and fans first couple go-rounds. Very precise with her shot making. Aepps is sitting back, cheesing with that spot on prediction for her coming out party.

:D

Dominika has been one of my favorites for the longest time. I admire her game and I think she's really cute too. :smokin

My guy Champ called my reaction perfectly. Once Domini went up that first set, every winner she hit I had this reaction

View media item 761514

:D

Dominika has been one of my favorites for the longest time. I admire her game and I think she's really cute too. :smokin

My guy Champ called my reaction perfectly. Once Domini went up that first set, every winner she hit I had this reaction

View media item 761514
Props, brotha. Credit is due. Your prediction on Domi has been spot on. Called it days in advance.

I'm very shocked Aga had no legs and showed little energy in the chance of a lifetime. Considering how much blame to put on her coach. Aga was not mentally or physically prepared to battle. And she's beaten Domi comfortably in the past.

Step further, you dare to take your girl Domi over Li Na?

Props, brotha. Credit is due. Your prediction on Domi has been spot on. Called it days in advance.

I'm very shocked Aga had no legs and showed little energy in the chance of a lifetime. Considering how much blame to put on her coach. Aga was not mentally or physically prepared to battle. And she's beaten Domi comfortably in the past.

Step further, you dare to take your girl Domi over Li Na?

I agree about Aga but I question her mental toughness as well. This is the second time she basically had a grand slam within her grasp and failed (Wimbledon and the Oz Open). As much as I like Domi, I think Li might have a little too much experience for her. With that said, I'll be pulling hard for her. :smokin

I agree about Aga but I question her mental toughness as well. This is the second time she basically had a grand slam within her grasp and failed (Wimbledon and the Oz Open). As much as I like Domi, I think Li might have a little too much experience for her. With that said, I'll be pulling hard for her. :smokin
I'm not so confident anymore. Li Na is liable to implode mentally. I'll tentatively predict Li Na in 3 sets.

Does Berdych stand a chance? I'm not a fan at all.

Couldn't stay up to watch it, but yeah wasn't expecting that result at all, props to aepps for calling it.  

I always saw her beating Maria, but that was more to do with Masha still recovering from injury and the gruelling matches beforehand, but to beat Aga so comprehensively is impressive. I'd still like to see Li Na win the final though.

Anyway, let's go Stan! Hopefully there's enough left in the tank to beat Tomas here.

Rolling with Stan, he just seems ready.

Domi looking very thick in that dress while dominating Aga, I can dig it.

She ain't getting Li Na though

Rafa is just a different level of athlete, if he is on top of his game I'm not sure there is a human being right now who could beat him on a tennis court. His combination of athleticism/skill/experience at his age is nothing we've seen before

I got faith that Stan will put up a valiant effort though, would love to see a 5 set classic

Not necessarily!  While Li's mental game has improved, she's still liable to fold under pressure.  Like today in the 1st, serving for the set, got broken back and had to serve it out on the 2nd try.  Pome's reasonably experienced... experienced enough to know that she has nothing to lose and can go for it.   Not as clear-cut! 
Didn't DJOKI beat Nadal when Nadal was on form?
Nole pretty much owned Rafa in 2011 (6 for 6).  Since then, it's been a bit more balanced.  

Last edited:
Stan the man! 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom