The Official Wale Thread: Ambitions in Stores 11.1.11

Originally Posted by 510hayward

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

"Best Night Ever" on the album?

came in here to post this
that beat is something serious 
It's not on the official tracklist, plus, the album would OD on the Rozay features. Hopefully it comes as a bonus track or something cause hearing a mastered version would be nice.

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

Originally Posted by 510hayward

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

"Best Night Ever" on the album?

came in here to post this
that beat is something serious 
It's not on the official tracklist, plus, the album would OD on the Rozay features. Hopefully it comes as a bonus track or something cause hearing a mastered version would be nice.
co-sign

Saw the album cover on the back of a bus last night 
pimp.gif

Ace Rawstein wrote:
Originally Posted by rhester

Ace Rawstein wrote:
MMG supporters...quick question.
this dude album dropping next week huh?...Where is all that good ole "promo and exposure" that Ross had for this boy? ya know since they "running isssh" now

Is  "That Way" really the only thing he got that is pose to lure ppl in to purchase the album?

I hadnt seen one good thing yet.

well it hasnt leaked yet but that could be a good or bad thing
Wale's promo has been on point for this album, ads on like every blog, FunkFlex dropping bombs on his new records every couple weeks, ads in like all major cities....
That Way #3 on urban radio, Lotus Flower Bomb #1 most added song on urban radio, everybody feeling "Bait" & the video Jam of the Week on MTV Jams.....
Ambition tour, doing  sold out shows every night and going on college campuses everyday, everybody know this album is dropping 11-1-11, b.
laugh.gif
Get out.

grin.gif
 to some of that 
I feel like some of things u mentioned Wale could have done without being under the MMG umbrella...

That Way being a big record is dope but again is that song being thrown on his album pose to attract more fans to purchase his joint? Same with Lotus Flower Bomb. Those records are good songs...but is Wale the draw?

Im just sayin.... with as big as a deal some ppl made/making outta him signing with MMG, you would start to think he would get pushed to that next level. Seems like the promo he is getting is a smaller scaled version of Ross promo... and you see the lukewarm results Ross gets and he is a bigger artist.

Im just hoping dude grind pays off.

You're a piece of shxt.

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Ace Rawstein wrote:
Originally Posted by rhester

Wale's promo has been on point for this album, ads on like every blog, FunkFlex dropping bombs on his new records every couple weeks, ads in like all major cities....
That Way #3 on urban radio, Lotus Flower Bomb #1 most added song on urban radio, everybody feeling "Bait" & the video Jam of the Week on MTV Jams.....
Ambition tour, doing  sold out shows every night and going on college campuses everyday, everybody know this album is dropping 11-1-11, b.
laugh.gif
Get out.
grin.gif
 to some of that 
I feel like some of things u mentioned Wale could have done without being under the MMG umbrella...

That Way being a big record is dope but again is that song being thrown on his album pose to attract more fans to purchase his joint? Same with Lotus Flower Bomb. Those records are good songs...but is Wale the draw?

Im just sayin.... with as big as a deal some ppl made/making outta him signing with MMG, you would start to think he would get pushed to that next level. Seems like the promo he is getting is a smaller scaled version of Ross promo... and you see the lukewarm results Ross gets and he is a bigger artist.

Im just hoping dude grind pays off.

You're a piece of shxt.

laugh.gif

lol-why-you-mad-tho.jpeg

the teaser is awesome...man i cant wait.

white linen will be my fav i see that now.

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

What happened to the Bad Girls Club video? 
I was wondering about this too, I figured they were saving it to drop around this time, right before the album was gonna drop...

Do you guys think he's created enough of a buzz to drop an album in 2 weeks? I feel like he needs a stronger single to catch some buzz off of.

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Do you guys think he's created enough of a buzz to drop an album in 2 weeks? I feel like he needs a stronger single to catch some buzz off of.
It's remarkably rare that mogs get a second chance in this game. Let's just hypothetically say Attention Deficit never happened and Ambition becomes his debut album.

After the AD fiasco, bruh began the #NoDaysOff campaign and that shxt POPPED. Dude was grinding like hell, a freestyle everyday/week, damn near for about a 2-3 month span.

That leads to "No Hands", that single alone did WONDERS to broadening his fan base. He was touring like hell on the college/city scene, again, boosting said fan base.

The MMG signing (questionable at first) turns out to be another great career move. Ross' ability to visually, not even the music, the constant barrage of vlogs, trailers, all'lat, puts Folarin in folks faces the way he couldn't singlehandedly before. Do yall watch these vlogs, man? It's fandemonium every single time they show dude at some college or city.

Selfmade Vol. 1 drops and is incredibly well received by all. Folarin owns 2 of the most popular tracks on that jawn. (600 Benz & That Way). Again, before the Folarin purists come thru and talk, watch that Cosmic Kev interview, where dude says he stills stays lyrical, while still reaching mogs in the trap. Something 100 Miles and so forth couldn't do. Another demographic reached.

The Eleven One Eleven Theory drops to more praise and more fan fare and more popular tracks. Mind you, dude has been on the Ambition Tour weeks before the album is set to release. Whole time, you're building more and more fans.

Go on ANY website for the last month and tell me you havent seen one Ambition ad.

I mention building fan base a lot in this lil diatribe, strictly cuz of Cole's first week success. All the slander dude was getting, while no one was realizing that dude was touring 2 years straight, racking up those 220k+ fans who copped 1st week.

Folarin, imo, has done the same shxt. I dunno anyone who isn't excited for Ambition, or pushing for its success.........except Ace Rawstein

It's remarkably rare that mogs get a second chance in this game. Let's just hypothetically say Attention Deficit never happened and Ambition becomes his debut album.

After the AD fiasco, bruh began the #NoDaysOff campaign and that shxt POPPED. Dude was grinding like hell, a freestyle everyday/week, damn near for about a 2-3 month span.

That leads to "No Hands", that single alone did WONDERS to broadening his fan base. He was touring like hell on the college/city scene, again, boosting said fan base.

The MMG signing (questionable at first) turns out to be another great career move. Ross' ability to visually, not even the music, the constant barrage of vlogs, trailers, all'lat, puts Folarin in folks faces the way he couldn't singlehandedly before. Do yall watch these vlogs, man? It's fandemonium every single time they show dude at some college or city.

Selfmade Vol. 1 drops and is incredibly well received by all. Folarin owns 2 of the most popular tracks on that jawn. (600 Benz & That Way). Again, before the Folarin purists come thru and talk, watch that Cosmic Kev interview, where dude says he stills stays lyrical, while still reaching mogs in the trap. Something 100 Miles and so forth couldn't do. Another demographic reached.

The Eleven One Eleven Theory drops to more praise and more fan fare and more popular tracks. Mind you, dude has been on the Ambition Tour weeks before the album is set to release. Whole time, you're building more and more fans.

Go on ANY website for the last month and tell me you havent seen one Ambition ad.

I mention building fan base a lot in this lil diatribe, strictly cuz of Cole's first week success. All the slander dude was getting, while no one was realizing that dude was touring 2 years straight, racking up those 220k+ fans who copped 1st week.

Folarin, imo, has done the same shxt. I dunno anyone who isn't excited for Ambition, or pushing for its success.........except Ace Rawstein
I feel what you're saying, but J. Cole had two hot singles that were buzzing and that were specifically on his new album "Work out and Can't get enough". I know Wale has done a great job of building a pretty nice fan base by touring and all the MMG stuff. But, I mean for this album specifically there's no real lead single that's buzzing.

Half of the things you said did not happen. If you think Wale bout to sell 220 k first week....you're crazy. I only saw his ad on WSHH & 2DopeBoyz. Idk how you can say Self-Made was incredibly received when it only moved 160k awhile Attention Deficit sold 110k. 

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

the hell or you talking bout fam? I asked a question bout his promo now all of a sudden I dont want him to be successful? I asked about his promo cuz I thought his grind was kinda on par for him to be successful but his promo wasnt and thats more of a negative showing on MMG than it is him. 

You just wrote out a whole bunch of reasons why u feel he will be successful and hopefully that pans out for him. The tour is the main thing he got going for him in my eyes cuz he is able to gain the fans and all that. All this "no hands" got him more fans and "that way" got ppl raving for him is questionable to me. Those songs in my mind, dont make casual fans say "imma Wale fan and now im watching all his vlogs and downloading ery song and mixtape he puts out and then Im going to buy his album".

Im not hating on this dude Im just saying they coulda rolled out more than "That Way" for him...but it is all over the radio just like (Insert a catchy rap song from a rapper you wouldnt buy an album for) So if that song x Ambition tour x his core fanbase = success, then MMG served its purpose but if it doesnt I think THEY dropped the ball.

And ftr the album sounds like its gonna be straight.

Have you seen where his album ranks as a preorder? Wale gonna do at least 100k first week. That's the floor.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Have you seen where his album ranks as a preorder? Wale gonna do at least 100k first week. That's the floor.

yeah on itunes? He deserves to hit a 100k

I feel what you're saying, but J. Cole had two hot singles that were buzzing and that were specifically on his new album "Work out and Can't get enough". I know Wale has done a great job of building a pretty nice fan base by touring and all the MMG stuff. But, I mean for this album specifically there's no real lead single that's buzzing.
Work Out and Can't Get Enough barely were on the charts when the album came out, they were by NO means hit singles
That Way alone is a bigger hit than both those songs

Back
Top Bottom