The Official Wale Thread: Ambitions in Stores 11.1.11

Originally Posted by MonStar1

welp its official even after a MMG signing Wale will be Wale....

I know exactly what you mean man. He always comes off as somebody trying to fit in, but not really doing so. Like, who does he
wanna be? Backpacker? Punchline rapper? Trapper? He just seems like a random dude rapping over a random beat. People always
give Game flack about having schizophrenia while rapping, but he actually has an identity. Who is Wale????  

Album is
pimp.gif

Double M Genius on repeat.

Gonna copp for sure.

I like the album. Think it's slightly better than AD. Nowhere near his best work when I look at his catalog.

One too many r&b features and I don't care for Rick Ross at all but I guess that's the direction he was going with this. To me the beat selection is better than his last album but not a whole lot better. Like I thought that MMG affiliation would at least provide him great beats from beginning to end.

If Bad Girl's Club is that song with Cole then I don't see why fuss over it. Song was not that good.

Other than the MMG songs I dont really mess with Wale. No hate but dude is just like Cole to me boring as hell. Cole is a better rapper though.

Wale fan, but damn this album is hella RnB 
ohwell.gif

Not tryna hate...but More About Nothing is the Wale i was hoping for. Just straight heat. 

Oh well. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Other than the MMG songs I dont really mess with Wale. No hate but dude is just like Cole to me boring as hell. Cole is a better rapper though.

um, listen a little closer dude
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Ambition is alright..just finished listening to it.

way better than AD..way better
laugh.gif

but not as a good as 100 Miles and Running, now that is indeed a mixtape classic. I can listen to that mixtape throughly
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

Ambition is alright..just finished listening to it.

way better than AD..way better
laugh.gif

but not as a good as 100 Miles and Running, now that is indeed a mixtape classic. I can listen to that mixtape throughly
pimp.gif

I enjoyed AD personally. Not all of it, but it had some good songs.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I know exactly what you mean man. He always comes off as somebody trying to fit in, but not really doing so. Like, who does he
wanna be? Backpacker? Punchline rapper? Trapper? He just seems like a random dude rapping over a random beat. People always
give Game flack about having schizophrenia while rapping, but he actually has an identity. Who is Wale????  
i actually agree with this.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Or Wale is simply versatile. He doesn't have a lane but whatever lane he chooses on a particular track, he seems to do it well for the most part. I'm not a huge Wale fan, but from the tracks I do enjoy, they are some of my favorite tracks overall.
Smh at you thinking The Game is somehow comparable. Game is a "gangster" rapper, he has his lane. He's literally a schizo as a person. Horrible comparison.

Wale & Game is actually a pretty fair comparison, and favor each other quite a bit. That was actually discussed in another
Wale/Game thread, and there were quite a few good responses in there. Simply versatile
laugh.gif
That's like people say an
artist is "evolving" and "being different", and they automatically correlate that to being good.

Legendary 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Double M Genius
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Love the first 5 songs basically then it dips a lot until the title song., then dips again

I enjoyed AD as well, but I think that I'll like Ambition better because of the beats. I'm going to wait until Tuesday to buy it to give it a listen. I've heard a few songs already and I like them.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

BTW, anyone going to the show in Houston on the 11th, I believe?

it's cool, wish he had less features

Big Ghost Review
Spoiler [+]
Big Ghost presents: The Ambition Review....

Ayo whattup its ya boy Big Ghost aka Thor Molecules aka Phantom Raviolis aka the Hands of Zeus...better known as the inventor of the slap namsayin. Word...I aint gon lie n pretend like the god is a fan of this +!%@%* music or nothin b...but that dont mean I aint gon give the mutha****a a fair chance n #**$. I aint gon front on the +!%@%* art jus cos he a arrogant dude. Son declared his #**$ a classic already b. So rite there he already lowered the expectations for the god namsayin. Imma actually be expectin this #**$ to be wack as !%@%. Cos any @#%@* thats gon suck his own **** like that gotta be tryna compensate for his #**$ bein weak nahmean. So if this #**$ even halfway decent he gon already be shockin me par. Lets get into this #**$ tho.

Son....

1. Don't Hold Your Applause - Aight son...its 6 seconds into this mutha****in album n son already distress croonin on some la la la %@*+%$%#. Either this #**$ bout to be Sideline Story all over again...n son plannin to serenade his way thru 15 hooks or he jus gettin that #**$ out the way from the jump namsayin. He spittin some decent #**$ on this joint...but he also sayin some flamboyant #**$ here n there. Son also said "GQ men of the year, Cudi, Drizzy n Me". That was '09 tho b. They called them the "Gangster Killers of The Year" in that issue son....which Im thinkin was sposed to be a joke or sumthin my dude. N when they actually did start puttin rap +!%@%* on the cover for that #**$ the next year...they aint honor Cudi n Wale yo. They only showed love to the rap Tyler Perry that year son....lets jus keep it real here. Speakin of Young Eeyore tho...its like son was possessed by the ghost of Jermaine Cole on this hook b. Anyways yo...I aint sayin its wack but the god probably wont be listenin to this #**$ ever again son.

2. Double M Genius - I guess son is on his humble #**$ b. @#%@* said "Wale" like 87 times on this mutha****a too yo. The beat on this joint is like some low budget J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League #**$ son. I aint sayin its wack but lets jus say that Ricky Rozay probably passed on this #**$ n "saved it" for the homie Folarin nahmean. The hook is some %@*+%$%# tho. I dont kno who singin that #**$ but the @#%@* sound like a transvestite son. I probably wont listen to this #**$ ever again neither b...but I aint really mad at it like that namsayin.

3. Miami Nights - I think most of yall done heard this #**$ by now...n this was never like my favorite #**$ or nothin....but its aight. The beat sound kinda like some 80s cruise ship entertainment type #**$....so I be picturin old white people startin conga lines to some #**$ like this in my head yo. The Bawse drops a couple words of wisdom in the bridge n #**$....but no bars or nothin. Real talk tho...I dont really wanna hear this #**$ ever again par.

4. Legendary - 1.5 seconds into this mutha****a n this #**$ was already my favorite joint so far b. This beat got some actual hair on its chest son. I aint even kno it was a Toomp joint til I recognized this #**$ was superior to all the #**$ I been hearin n checked the credits son. Actually this #**$ makes me HATE the 3 joints before it even more. The @#%@* actually spittin forreal on this #**$ too yo. Its kinda hard to take the "!%@% fame, n !%@% money" hook serious tho...since the @#%@* been in full time diva mode for like 2 years now son. But I dig this #**$ nahmean. Imma probably even dump this joint into a playlist on the iPod my @#%@*.

5. Lotus Flower Bomb (ft Miguel) - Aight first off yo. !%@% this song title b. This #**$ dropped a while back n I never even peeped the #**$ cos the song title sounded like a yoga pose nahmean. Its sounded like some #**$ the broad in Coldplay might bang vaginas wit Gwyneth Paltrow too yo. But after listenin to this #**$ I feel like I need to slap box witta minotaur jus to restore some manhood to my senses b. This #**$ is like havin a waterfall of ovaries comin thru all the windows n doors in ya crib when you listen to it son. Its like audio breast milk. Ayo I understand you gotta gear summa ya #**$ to the females bruh...but this #**$ is straight *****made son. A dude listens to this #**$ one too many time n he gon get a period if he aint careful g. I hope I dont hear this #**$ again for like the rest of my life yo.

6. Chain Music - Aight...straight up....this beat is ferocious my @#%@*. Son kinda flowin like a mutha****a on this #**$ too yo. This #**$ is jus mad ignorant b. Yalls already kno that Zeus Hands $%*!@ wit that ignorant #**$ heavy tho nahmean. This #**$ so tuff I almost forgot bout that Lotus Vagina Bomb joint that came before it son.

7. Focused (ft Kid Cudi) - Soon as this #**$ started...all I could picture was mutha****as wit glow stick necklaces twirlin ribbons around in they skin tight metallic outfits b. This that 2 dudes in a Mitsubishi Eclipse sharin one dancin white broad #**$ rite here nahmean. This joint is softer than baby #**$. This fool Wale even said "Killin these black heads, my rap is Noxzema" yo. Son jus compared his #**$ to a face cream my @#%@*. This #**$ is jus mad corny son. I mean...I kno theres mutha****as out there thats gon dig this #**$...but Tone probably wont never listen to this #**$ ever again par.

8. Sabotage (ft Lloyd) - This jus some more *** #**$ but it sounds like Hit Em Up compared to the last joint son. That human ovary Lloyd is beltin out the hook on some serious tender @#%@* #**$ for this one yo. I guess son gotta do his joints for the females tho. So I can respect that b.

9. White Linen [Coolin] (ft Ne-Yo) - Ok son...I was tryin to chill but I dont kno how this @#%@* jus gon drop 3 *****made #+# joints in row like this...but apparently thats what he jus did here yo. All 3 of these mutha****as is bout to find they way to the recycle bin tho. Cos I aint wastin no precious time hearin this %@*+%$%# ever again my dude.

10. Slight Work (ft Medium Sean) Word is bond...the world famous Diplo did this joint nahmean. Unfortunately this #**$ jus sounds like Swizz Beatz kicked in the door...erased the joint Diplo made n tapped out one of his basic #+# dog**** beats...then left THIS #**$ there for em instead. I feel like Beyonce spose to be upliftin the low self esteem havin *+@@*$ of the world over this beat son. This #**$ is jus #+# b. Mr Finally Famous need to get the ****outtahere too yo.

Why the boy Wale rockin a size XS hoodie n a 5-3/8 fitted tho?

11. Ambition (ft. Meek Mill & Rick Ross) Yall mighta heard this #**$ before. Son got The Ralph Tresvant n Bobby Brown of MMG on this joint (word....Wale definitely the Ricky Bell of that #**$). This #**$ probably the best joint on the whole album son...which kinda makes up for that 4 song streak of tampon music that came before this mutha****a namsayin. Not really tho...cos those joints was like listenin to son drop down n get his eagle on for like 15 minutes. I aint probably gon forgive the @#%@* for that #**$ b. But this joint goes hard as !%@% son. This #**$ make you wanna go cop a 8 ball to cook up n start sellin to ya own nephews n nieces on some guerilla pimp dont give a !%@% bout nobody type #**$ nahmean.

12. Illest $%#%% - Son wanna be the latest @#%@* to attempt the "I be empowerin *+@@*$ by callin em %$@%+#*" type song that intelligent females usually dont be feelin...but causes these hoodrats to g'head n start p-poppin at family picnics yo. This joint kinda laid back tho...so it aint really gon get these hookers throwin bows n breakin they nails or nothin like that...but they gon be quotin bars off this #**$ for months either way yo. Little +!%@%* is gon be dedicatin this joint to they 14 yr old girlfriends n gettin em seeded up to this #**$ come Valentines Day namsayin. @@@! in the after hours spots is gon be closin they eyes n pointin to the sky when this #**$ start playin b. Grimey #+# *+@@*$ is gon be pourin out they liquor to this #**$. Son even goes into some spoken word %@*+%$%# towards the end that I aint really gon get into tho. By the way son...Im grown nahmean....so I dont really be knowin no low self esteem havin teenage *+@@*$ that #**$ like this might be useable on...n I dont need no more hoodrats in my life b. So this mutha****a goin into the recycle bin too son.

13. No Days Off - This #**$ sound kinda like the beat to Biggie's Me & My $%#%%...but witta Toomp twist to it....which is basically what this beat is namsayin. But the @#%@* Folarin aint sayin nothin THAT creative on this mutha****a. The boy jus spittin that usual come up #**$ that 75% of +!%@%* be spittin bout nahmean. I wasnt mindin this #**$ til I heard son say some #**$ like "higher than high school Mariah tunes n fire flutes on fights n hoopers in light shoes". Now Im jus feelin disrespected son. I mean...that probably aint even exactly what the @#%@* said but Im still feelin disrespected either way yo.... like...@#%@* thats jus some %@*+%$%#.

14. DC or Nothing - This #**$ starts out wit some $%#%% @#%@* oooohin over some emotional #+# synths...but then the #**$ starts pickin up namsayin. I mean....even tho son still jus talkin more of that come up #**$ I was actually kinda feelin this one yo......til the hook came in. Ayo son...I dont kno who it is...but dude singin this #**$ sounds like he rocks mad Abercrombie n Fitch #**$ b. Im sayin like...I can see the tight #+# Club Monaco gear n canvas sneakers in my mind when I hear this mutha****a sing b. He sounds like the type a dude who be inventin suspect #+# drinks that end wit "tini" when he goes out son. I aint really tryna #**$ on the @#%@*...but I bet the dude drives a hatchback tho. This #**$ aint horrible or nothin....but it definitely aint gettin no itunes play son.

"Thats that @#%@* who wont gimme back my watch bro...."

15. That Way (Ft. Jeremih & Rick Ross) - Damn yo....the homie Lex Luger did this #**$? Ayo the Superfly #**$ aint nothin new but Lex kinda changed his #**$ up here b. As far as the vocab...I mean at first you might think its jus another joint aimed at *+@@*$...but this one kinda fly nahmean. Rozay did his thing of course. Jeremih croonin some gentle #+# #**$ as usual...but this #**$ jus works yo. See a lot a yall might think that the god dont like no laid back #**$ that you can cool out wit a broad to...but I jus dont like when that #**$ aint done rite son. This #**$ here is some fly #+# smooth #**$ yo. Anyways son...I $%*!@ wit it.

Ayo listen son.... the biggest mistake a @#%@* can make when he bout to drop his album is declare that #**$ a classic b....UNLESS he gon deliver on that #**$ nahmean. The boy Wale been callin this #**$ a classic for a minute now son. A couple months ago son asked +!%@%* why he cant jus say his #**$ is as good as Reasonable Doubt. Im sayin...that #**$ is cool my dude...but once you open that door you gotta step thru it at some point yo. You start pointin out into the upper deck before the pitch...you better be tryin to knock that #**$ out the park fam. So yeah...same way that Young Eeyore shouldnta even said the word Illmatic while he was hypin his own coma-fied #+# album...the boy Wale shoulda jus kept his mouth shut bout Jay's first born nahmean par. That Hov #**$ was, is, n gon STAY a classic g. Word is bond son. But if any @#%@* gon actually say Ambition a classic n mean that #**$....I hope that mutha****a gets hit by a asteroid b. Aint like Ambition is wack or nothin son...namsayin you could even say the #**$ is "good". But son...even tho Reasonable Doubt was mainly jus all joints bout hustlin...there aint no two songs on that mutha****a that covered the exact same ground over again yo. That #**$ was a journey namsayin. That #**$ told a story. This #**$ is jus some half decent joints n a couple bangers mixed in wit a whole lotta average #**$. I mean...the boy Wale got like 5 or 6 ballads on this mutha****a b. Tender #+# ones too yo. So nah...that #**$ aint official like that par. Son shoulda compared this #**$ to Kingdom Come or whatever. When you in the presence of excellence you either bow or you challenge that #**$ son. For example yo...that @#%@* Kanye got a big mouth n done talked mad #**$...n +!%@%* BEEN hated dude for that #**$ yo. What makes that @#%@* unfadeable rite now tho is he keep backin up all his talk namsayin. +!%@%* HATE to love that boy Yeezy son. +!%@%* hate THEYSELVES for likin that arrogant mutha****as joints nahmean. +!%@%* hate theyselves for knowin the WORDS to that +!%@%* #**$ too par. But Wale...son need to stick to bowin before greatness namsayin. IF +!%@%* hate Wale its cos he arrogant as !%@% n DONT prove +!%@%* wrong nahmean. So nahhh son aint cut out for greatness like that yo...but at least he aint wack. He makes a good addition to Rawse's team. He aint cut out for individual greatness like that tho. He kinda cut out for okayness or goodness namsayin. So he gets that.

This #**$ gets 3 Zeus Slaps from me tho my @#%@*. But son got a perfect 5 outta 5 apl.de.ap n Taboo 'Sidekick Salutes' namsayin.
Aight peace.

I can't understand for the life of me...
Like Wale's mixtapes be ill (IMO), but this album....something is just flat out missing.

Even the female songs from his mixtapes (like passive agress-her, breakup song, downtown, etc) are 1000x better than the ones on the album.

I dont get it...

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

I can't understand for the life of me...
Like Wale's mixtapes be ill (IMO), but this album....something is just flat out missing.

Even the female songs from his mixtapes (like passive agress-her, breakup song, downtown, etc) are 1000x better than the ones on the album.

I dont get it...

Commercial appeal. Lloyd, Miguel, Ne-yoI agree with you but obviously he's more trying to sell, appeal to females than go ham like his mixtapes

Back
Top Bottom