The Official Wale Thread: Ambitions in Stores 11.1.11

this album is so soft. Everything he did leading up to this was dope(for the most part) more about nothing/black n yellow/self made
eyes.gif
/the theory/ the random freestyles he was throwing out but theres so many extra feminine songs on here. I know thats part of his style but I wasnt expecting this at all. Im highly dissapoint
frown.gif
grin.gif
mad.gif
ohwell.gif

dont hold your applause
legendary
chain music
slight work
illest ##$@#

focoused is beyond annoying

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by dimez81

i feel like wale may never win yall over. lol
in his words "hate is the new love"

i dont think you guys are actually listening to what he is saying on the songs anymore. i wish we could get acapella albums
its not hate.....

It's honesty.....But everyone has there own opinion. 

Like lupe....hes a good artist but just like laser it was wack....Im not gonna say its dope because I like him.

If you listen to what he is saying you would realize that most of the lyrics are garbage on thus album...did you hear Miami nights?? Just the chorus alone is wack.

After signing to mmg I was expecting him to go in on tracks like he did with pandemonium.

true hip hop heads know the deal.
no
I mean I speak the truth.....look at what the consensus in most reviews in this thread alone.....majority of the album is skip-able.

It's just dude is always talked about a making a classic album....but never get classic material.

everyone is different. For those that like it rock out to it.

to me ambition gets added to this years list of mediocre albums
-lasers
-carter iv
-rolling papers
-ambition

in that order.

I will leave this here for you to think about.

its not hate.....

It's honesty.....But everyone has there own opinion.�

Like lupe....hes a good artist but just like laser it was wack....Im not gonna say its dope because I like him.

If you listen to what he is saying you would realize that most of the lyrics are garbage on thus album...did you hear Miami nights??� Just the chorus alone is wack.

After signing to mmg I was expecting him to go in on tracks like he did with pandemonium.

true hip hop heads know the deal.
no
I mean I speak the truth.....look at what the consensus in most reviews in this thread alone.....majority of the album is skip-able.

It's just dude is always talked about a making a classic album....but never get classic material.
I been trying to tell dudes he should chill on boasting like that but I'm a hater.  After Attention Deficit dude aint been the same he went from anti-mainstream to just wanting a piece of the pie.

fa real tho the album is OK.. i had my expectations set too high i guess.. im still goin to support the homie tho..

Before I express my opinion, review, or whatever I wanna clear something up.
I have probably 80% of Wale's catalog in my iTunes, I listen to all his mixtapes regularly, I actually think AD was good, AND I consider dude one of the top young rappers.

With that said.....I think this album sucks

Outside of Don't Hold Your Applause, Chain Music, and DC or Nothin There's nothing else I wanna hear from this album again.

I dont feel the passion or "ambition" nowhere in this joint, and honestly I really wanna like it, but I can't

Everything just feels uninspired, beats, verses, choruses, everything.

p.s. I can't make it through Slight Work, IMO that's one of the worst songs i've heard this year by any major artist, seriously.

Yet again, I'm not hating, I f's with the rest of Wale's music, but this album is really a disappointment IMO

I have heard or have 5 songs of his album on my iPod already and honestly after listening to the others this album is not worth buying... 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Predictions on first week numbers? I'm guessing 20k.
I'm guessing 140,000 - 160,000.....dude got a following...he has over  1 million followers...10% should buy it.  Plus a lot of the kids will prob pick it up

really it prob should do 20k cause the album is straight bunz.

I'm all for fans supporting there artist so For those the dled it and like it go buy the album though....

I would be mad if I bought this not being able to return it....

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Predictions on first week numbers? I'm guessing 20k.
Im thinking 80k at best I rly doubt theres that many physical copies out and everybody that was gon cop iTunes prolly heard da leak and decided it wasnt worth it.

album is underwhelming but it needs a few listens to get a good grasp of it. Would've liked to hear more Ross on the album and def. think it would be hotter with more tracks like Ambition and Double M
pimp.gif
.  Focused is my +%+ too. 

Wont be buying this album cuz the whole thing isn't near as good as it should be but I will be buying the 5-6 songs I liked to support

Back
Top Bottom