The Official World Champion New York Yankees Offseason Thread

U guys stink. Continue to drown yourself in the terrible NBA and beloved NFL.

That is all...

Off to nyyfans
laugh.gif

I ain't goin nowhere man u guys ain't got nothin? Insider articles? I heard that a jackson and granderson deal is very possible

King I have already said what I would give up...any of Montero, Hughes, Joba or Ajax for Doc.

Get Doc, sign Mauer next offseason.

I would like to give up Montero and maybe Hughes for him

I think Granderson and edwin would be a good gets as well, but idk what they would be asking

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Welcome home!

The Jays said they were open to trade Doc to any team, but we would prolly hafta give up Joba and/or Phil with AJax involved as well.

i could picture the yankees and blue jays making a trade just like they did 11 years ago when clemens got traded for david wells.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

King I have already said what I would give up...any of Montero, Hughes, Joba or Ajax for Doc.

Get Doc, sign Mauer next offseason.

I would like to give up Montero and maybe Hughes for him

I think Granderson and edwin would be a good gets as well, but idk what they would be asking

Yea I would also.. I heard detroit wants grandersons contract off the team bad and the yankees are ofcourse intrested but the yankees want jackson in the dealalso

Im not a huge Edwin Jackson fan...matters what we give up in the deal, wouldnt be a bad 5th starter for us though.

I just want Doc anyway we can get him

^gimme doc, jackson, granderson, derosa in left, matsui, and let damon walk and andy retire with his ring
pimp.gif

Updated: December 7, 2009, 2:40 PM ET

[h2]Sources: Pettitte back in 2010

[/h2]
INDIANAPOLIS -- The first step is complete for free agent left-hander Andy Pettitte's return to the world champion New York Yankees next season as they seek to repeat.

Pettitte, who has indicated a preference to play for the Yankees if he came back for a 16th season, has decided to pitch in 2010, major league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney at baseball's winter meetings.

For the 37-year-old, it's now just a matter of working out a deal with the Yankees, the sources told Olney Monday morning.

Yankees manager Joe Girardi, speaking at a charity event Monday, said pitching is what the Yankees need to address "first and foremost."
"
30053.jpg
I knew he was to going to make a decision fairly quickly. By playing all the way up to November 4th, this time gets here really quickly.
" -- Joe Girardi on Andy Pettitte's
possible return

Girardi said he spoke with Pettitte late last month and thought Pettitte wanted to continue playing.

"I told him to enjoy his holiday," Girardi said of Thanksgiving. "I knew he was to going to make a decision fairly quickly. By playing all the way up to November 4th, this time gets here really quickly.

"I said, 'Enjoy your vacation and you'll make the right decision.' "

Pettitte was 14-8 with a 4.16 ERA in helping propel the Yankees to their 27th World Series championship, bringing his career record to 229-135 with a 3.91 ERA.

He went 4-0 in five starts in the postseason with a 3.52 ERA.

With 458 career starts, Pettitte has spent all but three seasons with the Yankees. He played for the Astros from 2004 to '06.

Information from Andrew Marchand, the managing editor of 1050 ESPN Radio in New York, was used in this report.

pimp.gif
Like fine wine.

Bruney traded to the Nationals.

WASHINGTON -- The Washington Nationals have acquired reliever Brian Bruney from the New York Yankees for a player to be named.
Bruney went 5-0 with a 3.92 ERA in 44 appearances with the World Series champion Yankees this year.

The 27-year-old right-hander is 16-10 with 13 saves and a 4.27 ERA in 230 career games over six seasons with the Yankees and Diamondbacks.

Bruney had a career-best 12 saves in 2005 with Arizona.

To make room on their roster, the Nationals unconditionally released right-handed reliever Saul Rivera.

Rivera had a 6.10 ERA in 30 appearances for Washington this year.

Opened up a roster spot, and some money.

Andy will be resigned within the next 3 days...

Wouldnt mind bringing back Wang for a year either

[h2]Sources: Three-team deal near[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

The New York Yankees, ArizonaDiamondbacks and Detroit Tigers are on the verge of the first major trade of baseball'swinter meetings, a deal that would send Tigers outfielder Curtis Granderson to NewYork, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.

In the trade, the Diamondbacks would obtain Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy, while the Tigers will pick up Max Scherzer, PhilCoke and outfield prospect Austin Jackson.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wait..... Kennedy, Coke & Jackson for Granderson basically ??

HELL NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait..... Kennedy, Coke & Jackson for Granderson basically ??

HELL NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kennedy is Mr Triple A...dude cant do anything in the pros
Coke -
laugh.gif

Jacksons potential = Granderson, without as much power

in conclusion...WIN

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love this deal. No need to let "prospects" being dealt break your heart cause they are prospects.. I'm quite sure a-jax will not be better thangranderson

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

CURTISSSSSSSSS
Beat me to it
laugh.gif

I know I said a few days ago that I don't approve a Granderson trade, but for what we gave up for him, it really isn't all that bad.

When it comes down to it, Granderson is a young power hitting CF, and although he can't hit lefties and has only a decent average, I think he will be agood fit in CF for us. It allows us to propose a "take it or leave it" deal to Damon, because if he doesn't resign, we can move Melky to LF andhave Gardner on the bench for either spot (LF or CF). This trade seems to have a lot of positive aspects, and just as many negatives though, so we have to seewhat happens.

In my opinion, there isn't much more to do. Definitely get Andy resigned. Then, figure out what to do with Damon/Matsui. From there, Cashman has to reallythink if he wants to trade for Halladay, or throw money at Lackey. If we get either pitcher, the fifth spot in the rotation becomes a healthy issue. I sayhealthy issue, because there would be much depth for it. Hughes/Joba/Wang (remember him?). All can pitch out the bullpen (well, we'd have to see with Wang,but as a spot starter/long relief, I think he can pitch well) in that role).

Oh, and Proshares, for the love of God...
rjobx2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom