The Official World Champion New York Yankees Offseason Thread

Nice to have Andy back.

Happy Phil Coke is gone, he was a headache.

I was a fan of Bruney, but not sad to see him go.

As old as Matsui is it would be nice to have him back after his performance late in the season.

Looking back on it.. this is a really good deal because not only will A-Jax probably not end up being the player Granderson is, but also Granderson has3years/25.5mill left on his deal which is way cheaper then Damon and/or Matsui was resigning for.

[h1]New York Yankees eye Justin Duchscherer and Ben Sheets to potentially fill in rotation[/h1]
Even after bringing back Andy Pettitte and tendering contracts to Chad Gaudin and Sergio Mitre, the Yankees are looking for more pitching.
Brian Cashman is looking to add at least one more starter from outside the organization to a rotation that includes CC Sabathia, A.J. Burnett, Pettitte, Phil Hughes and Joba Chamberlain. Such a move would allow him to move Hughes and/or Chamberlain to the bullpen.

While Cashman continues to monitor the Roy Halladay situation in Toronto, the general manager is looking at a couple of pitchers coming back from arm surgery: Justin Duchscherer and Ben Sheets.

Neither righthander pitched in 2009; Sheets has the longer track record. The Yankees have spoken with Sheets' agent, Casey Close, but Sheets is looking for $11 million-$12 million after earning $11 million in 2008 - a price the Yankees are unlikely to meet. The Yankees were interested in signing him as a free agent last winter, but they opted to sign Burnett instead. Sheets went 13-9 with a 3.09 ERA in 2008, but there are questions about how he would fare in the American League after pitching his entire career in the NL with the Brewers.

Duchscherer, 32, went 10-8 with a 2.54 ERA in 2008, his first as a starter after four years in the A's bullpen. He was chosen to the American League All-Star team in 2005 as a reliever, then again in 2008 as a starter. He had elbow surgery during spring training, then battled a bout of clinical depression in August.

Several reports have suggested that Duchscherer and his agent are allowing interested teams to speak with his therapist in addition to reviewing his medical reports. Cashman confirmed that he has spoken to Damon Lapa, Duchscherer's agent, but he would not say whether he would speak with the therapist.

Cashman considered dealing for Duchscherer two years ago. Roughly a dozen teams have shown interest in Duchscherer, who earned $3.9 million in 2009.

The Yankees have a history of taking chances on pitchers coming off surgery. Jon Lieber had a successful 2004 season after returning from Tommy John surgery, while Mitre came back last year after having the same elbow surgery in 2008.

According to a source, the Yankees will likely wait to see what John Lackey signs for before making any moves, as they continue to consider other options such as Jason Marquis and Joel Pineiro.

I'm %^^&*&% pissed man
smh.gif

^I would rather Lackey sign with some bum #%# team like the Mariners...but +#+! him, his ugly #%# mug belongs with the Sawx. Never wanted him in pinstripesanyways. As far as Halladay...better the Phillies than Boston or Anaheim. At least it gets him out of the AL East...

If you're pissed now...then Matsui potentially going to the Angels probably won't sit well with you, I imagine.

^ jesus christ that's when ill really be pissed man
smh.gif
but the halladay to the phillies deal cancels out to me cause they traded cliff lee

If Hideki sings with the Angels for the supposed 1 year $6.5 million offer, I will go ape +*$%.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Cliff Lee and King Felix
sick.gif
ohwell.gif
Mariners are gonna be a problem

laugh.gif
with what offense?

Pro u seen yourself what happens last year when u got king felix putting teams to sleep anything could happen.. bloop ichiro homer off rivera anyone?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Let Matsui walk, we don't need him.
I can see the idea of platooning the DH spot, giving certain guys days off from playing the field and whatnot, but if Matsui is able to be signedfor a contract like that of the supposed offer from the Angels, you HAVE to do it.You just have to. His bat is too valuable to lose at such a low price.

BREAKING NEWS:

My gf told me she saw online A-Rod and Kate Hudson broke up..... We are doomed
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jrp44

BREAKING NEWS:

My gf told me she saw online A-Rod and Kate Hudson broke up..... We are doomed
frown.gif

Yep, without her head game A-Rod's head won't be in the game...

Back
Top Bottom