The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly sure where else to post this but I think it's relevant to this topic so I'll ask here.

What are some alternate payment methods that you guys use for secondary NDC accounts? I was thinking of just using a friends debit card and giving him the cash but I feel like that'd become a hassle for him. Are those prepaid Visa cards usable on NDC? I figure I can use one of those and just have the shoes shipped to a friend or relative's house.

Or can I just buy a Nike.com gift card and use that along with a different name/address on a separate NDC account? Any help?
nerd.gif
gift cards work.. i use greendot pre-paid... when you set up the GD account.. you can use a realtive/friend name and info.. and their address...  next set up an NDC acct with the same info..  i also have the prepaid  debit saved to the acct.. so once i secure sneakers.. i checkout, and pay.. no problems since i went to that method

Ok but the WTK wasn't the same as the gloves right? There was actually a **** up and a real early link...right?
WTK is disputed, some think nike goofed and made a TLO shoe searchable on the site and others think it was intentional.

Either way it wasn't early, shoes that aren't tlo are almost always available before 8am est.  Might be 2 minutes before 8 or 20 seconds but if a shoe isn't TLO then there is never a reason to wait till nike tweets.

So is it basically impossible to get a pair by manually clicking the twitter link? This is all new to me. So bots and raffles I have no knowledge of. Haha.

i am sure this has been touched on 100 times but the thread is getting bigger nad bigger and more pages to read but to search early you search style code ? i hear product code but i can find style code if ui search style code nothing so amidoingitwrong if so idontwanttoliveonthisplanet any more ... srs question is srs 

if a shoe isn't TLO then there is never a reason to wait till nike tweets.
Correct, especially because it is not 100% automatic that nike will tweet for that shoe at 8am exactly like the rest of other TLOs.

I cant remember what shoe it was but it was pretty recent, nike didnt tweet for them until 5 minutes after they dropped. And some of their shoes that arent "hot" releases, their tweets dont go out until an hour or 2 after 8am

sorry for my newbie question but can someone helps a brother out

ill be really appreciate it

lets say the shoes are TLO

is it useless to search the product code or should i just wait for the link

nothing. just curious how many used the early link and was successful for the SC glove.

I used the early link for the Gloves and copped two pairs. Both pairs shipped and i used a add to cart bot. Hell, i didnt even have wait in a queue, it was automatic that they went into my cart

sorry for my newbie question but can someone helps a brother out
ill be really appreciate it
lets say the shoes are TLO
is it useless to search the product code or should i just wait for the link

If its a TLO, wait for the tweet. Don't even bother with early link. Unless you like the thrill of talking to Meg.

If its a TLO, wait for the tweet. Don't even bother with early link. Unless you like the thrill of talking to Meg.
haha thanks ill keep that in mind

but some people did get the SC gloves with the early links though

not sure if theyre boasting or what

nothing. just curious how many used the early link and was successful for the SC glove.
I used the early link for the Gloves and copped two pairs. Both pairs shipped and i used a add to cart bot. Hell, i didnt even have wait in a queue, it was automatic that they went into my cart

haha thanks ill keep that in mind

but some people did get the SC gloves with the early links though

not sure if theyre boasting or what
I'm losing brain cells reading these early link posts.

You guys saying you used an "early link" is like saying because you used an elevator and someone else used the stairs you teleported.

Its literally just as idiotic.

^^^ not really. the early link just means the link was available before nike officially made it available hence, an early link.

I just hope people are not confused with the Glove early link and a TLO release early link like WTK8. Those are totally two different early link. One you will get away with and the one you will not.

^^^ not really. the early link just means the link was available before nike officially made it available hence, an early link.
Unfortunately they aren't talking about an actual early TLO link, all they have is a link formatted to search a style code on nike.com.

As an example because the taxi's aren't TLO someone is going to tweet a link like the one below and call it an early link.

It'll more than likely have the shoe pop up before 8 but thats what has always happened when you search the style code.

Taxi "Early Link"

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/n/1j7?sl=130690-125

What evilside has dropped for a couple TLO releases was an actual early link and far less people have access to those links and even with access all they do is give you the eventual product page.  You still can't get to 95% of releases before the tweet even with an early link.  The page goes live as the tweet goes out.  You'll have an advantage because don't have to wait for the tweet but you still have to wait for that page to go live and most times it isn't that much of an advantage.

Last edited:

Unfortunately they aren't talking about an actual early TLO link, all they have is a link formatted to search a style code on nike.com.

As an example because the taxi's aren't TLO someone is going to tweet a link like the one below and call it an early link.

It'll more than likely have the shoe pop up before 8 but thats what has always happened when you search the style code.

Taxi "Early Link"

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/n/1j7?sl=130690-125

What evilside has dropped for a couple TLO releases was an actual early link and far less people have access to those links and even with access all they do is give you the eventual product page.  You still can't get to 95% of releases before the tweet even with an early link.  The page goes live as the tweet goes out.  You'll have an advantage because don't have to wait for the tweet but you still have to wait for that page to go live and most times it isn't that much of an advantage.
-___-

when people are worried about their millisecond pings. the difference between launching a search query and directly accessing the product page - makes a difference. 

if you are doing your stuff behind a proxy which introduces additional latency - it matters significantly. 

early links ... direct links ... no body cares what you call it.

if they want to use that search query link - let em be. lets see how they do with this weeks TLOs. 

addendum:

does anyone know if you get a landing page as a result from a product-code search if a given product-code is offered in full family sizing - like the taxi 11s will be?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom