The Official Zoom Kobe II Thread-

Quote:
let me ask you guys what other colorway do you want to see?

Possibly a QS of the white/gold ZKII he wore during allstar weekend and we'll probably get a team USA colorway of the ZKII released on nikebasketball.com like how they released the USA ZKI's since Kobe will probably playing in the FIBA summer olympics qualifying games in Vegas this summer.
"Kobe is in a no win situation, he's in hoops purgatory."- Scoop Jackson

Quote:
Yo Dennis hit me up if you end up going to the event.I might go up for the event also after I get off work.
TeamLakers
WIN BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
4L8O15S16T23!42

I for one do not care how these are selling......these are one of the best basketball shoes I have ever worn......and I love playing in them.

Quote:
BTW, good catch on the Seattle game on the 6th. How are they going to say he's going to be there, if he's going to be in Seattle?

From KB24.com "All T-shirt purchasers before noon on April 7th will receive a raffle ticket for a chance to be on court with Kobe the afternoon of April 7th."

So, he'll be there the next afternoon. More than enough time after his game in Seattle.

Good luck to all of you going.
www.ProlificLosAngeles.com

Sometimes I question if people who argue about JM's supposed bias even read his posts or is it a copycat reaction based on other peoples' replies...

Anyway, JM or anybody, do you have access to Kobe's sales #'s in China? I remember reading an article about how integral China was going to be for the shoe companies and how some execs were admitting that it was a dumb move for Nike to allow Yao to slip over to RBK.

We know how they sell in the States, but I'm curious as to how successful they move in Asia...
D-MIZACK ~ Venti Sized Pimpin 4 Da Breezies ~​

i know a lot of you are hype for the strengths...but i'd be really surprised if that is kobe's playoff shoe...it looks ridiculously bulky from certain angles...i wish the straps didn't stick out so much on either side...the white/black/purple colorway is nice, but the asia's and pe (blk/white/purple) ultimates are much cleaner looking and i'd think kobe would be more likely to stick with the ultimates through the playoffs (just those other colors as the home and away)...he may wear the strengths in a game or two (for the EXTRA lockdown), but i doubt he wears them throughout the playoffs...a more likely scenario from what i've heard is that Raja Bell wears the strengths in the playoffs...

Yea, i hear that the autographed shoes are just random, you get a rafflers chance by donating $24 to the vivo foundation, which also gets you a limited Nike T Shirt, and the opp to play ball w/ kobe.

I wont show up til around 8pm, so hopefully its not too packed, if so, i'm looking for NT'ers to cut in line with.
"You can play the left, cause there ain't no right in me" - Robin

i am thinking of attending the event but is there any point arriving early? Last year the events for the ZK1 release actually had kobe making an appearance, so it warranted people lining up trying to meet him. This event at hollywood is basically just a raffle, i doubt they gonna sell out of t-shirts, since it is going to charity, the more shirts sold the more money raised. I think i might just stroll by around 9 and see what this event is all about.

i don't understand how people are gonna point to sales numbers and compare between FULLY MARKETED shoes like lb3 & 4 or the wades.. and Kobe's shoe, which was minimally marketed.. and not marketed at all, in the zk2 case... and somehow say that that's a reflection of people's opinion of kobe.

only about 1% of the population visits forums like niketalk and in style shoes. therefore, most people don't get the same exposure to such shoes as people like us. so they rely on commercials and advertising to see what shoes are out.

Lebron = lots of commercials
Wades = lots of commercials
Kobe = Almost no commercials

now let's see here... i wonder which shoes would sell in larger quantities -- one that was salient to people everywhere via the media, or ones that only a fraction of the population was able to see through forums like NT. DUH.

How you gona point to those kinds of numbers and say that it was simply kobe not being popular, and that's why his shoes didn't sell.

The zk2's are already doing decently.. throw in some commercials, maybe something crazy in the playoffs, his 50pt streak (which Nike totally missed a golden opportunity on), and suddenly his shoes are becoming a lot more appealing to consumers. But if nike chooses not to market Kobe this way, then that's THEIR fault, not his. Nobody sells something without marketing.

as for the adidas kobe 2.. those were simply ugly.

It would be one thing if nike TOTALLY marketed kobe and yet his shoes still failed.. then you could say that kobe can't sell shoes well. But if he hasn't even been marketed, you can't make the comparison to athletes were marketed up the wazoo.

I'm not saying either way, but how many general consumers KNEW the ZK1 WAS the ZK1. I'm not guessing many at all...
excuse me, miss
Team KixAndTheCity Step your shoe game up kid.

Im feelin the ZK2. I think its a very sharp shoe. The heel problem is unfortunate however.

why cant ppl just accept that ppl just didnt like the shoe? we're all not brainless idiots. a kid walks into footlocker and sees an array of kicks.he knows which belong to who,and the stats show that more kids chose other sigs over kobe. tmac and garnett had the same amount of exposure.he'll, you can argue that kobe's national televised games gave him even more exposure since ppl barely get to see garnett play. but those kicks still sold more thna kobe. as before,as long as you guys are hapyp with your pair there is no need to defend the shoe like this,it sold poorly and its just an excuse to bmale marketing.
______
WE GROWN.

No Commercials, no advertising, no help for Kobe from Nike, blah...blah...blah.

Let me ask you this, there was NO advertising for The Overplay, which is #14 on the best sellers list. On one hand you have the vaunted ZK1, and then The Overplay, what gives?

Also, last I heard, there are no on air commercials for any retro Jordan releases, yet those shoes do exceptionally well.

Is it because of rep alone? If that is the case, does Kobe's rep hurt him or help him?

I can say for certain that everyone under the age of twenty here in NYC, even those who are not into sneakers, knows of Kobe Bryant. Given the fact that not everyone feels the need to buy a bunch of sneakers, and then really only need one pair per season, when they go to the store to buy a pair of kicks....

Why should they want 2 buy Kobe's new shoe?

Keep in mind,

1. You don't need so_called high "performance" shoes to play ball in.
2. What you think that looks good, is subjective.

Those of you who feel that ya' boy is getting shafted by the Swoosh, can you answer that?
"I don't want nobody, to give me nothin'! Open up the door, I'll get it myself..."

James Brown

All I'm hearing are excuses. People just don't want to purchase Kobe Bryant shoes and the 2nd sigs are goign to the outlets. As long as you're happy with your shoes just accept it and settle down.
My block is hot, kojak got his Kodak

Is there a reason why these book type posts keep popping up on the sales of the last sig? It doesn't matter people. Buy what you like!
TeamLakers
Let's Start Another Win Streak!​

is Smush Parker wearing Kobe's Lites for tonites game vs. Clippers??? Post pictures if you if this is true.
..The[ Kobe ]Show..​
..24/7..​

Where are the (bleeping) MODS in this thread? This is a discussion about the Zoom Kobe II SHOES....yet you have these a-hole Phoenix Suns fans and idiot Kobe Haters ruining this discussion.

I guess now I know why I spend most of my time on ISS. This board and the moderating that goes on around here is a JOKE.

Quote:
So is the home Lakers colorway releasing 4/7 or 4/14?

Quote:
So when is the home colorway releasing?
>:
mad.gif
TeamS.Carolina
What's a sneaker boutique?​

Back
Top Bottom