The ORLANDO MAGIC Support Group Thread: Very Bright Future Post D12

Finally found this damn thing, I accidentally deleted it off my subscription list a while back and haven't been able to find it for weeks. :lol: :frown:

Anywho, the Jazz made the jump that I expected the Magic to make, but the Jazz also got themselves a pretty good coach, and traded one of the guys blocking them from their greatness.

The good part of the Magic not leaping, they may yet again add another Top 5 pick to the core. (or they could possibly get jumped and fall to 6th) Either way, a decent piece should be coming.

Picking at 5th or 6th, their options could be SF Stanley Johnson, SF Justise Winslow, or C Willie Cauley Stein. Any of the 3 would fit the rest of the core, however, they need some offense/shooting/spacing pretty bad.

And hopefully, they find a way to maintain Tobias, unless of course he wants to join the Lakers, then I am sorry and the Magic can just get someone else. :lol:

WCS
Vucevic
Tobias
Oladipo
Payton

With Aaron Gordon, Channing Frye, Evan Fournier, and whatever they can salvage out of Mo Harkless or Andrew Nicholson would help.

Best case, they are the ones that jump, and could get into either Towns or Okafor range. At that point, they'd need to buy all the shooters they can find, not named Ben Gordon.

If they let Tobias go, even with getting the Top 5ish pick, they'd merely be running in place IMO. They need to add on top of that kid, not simply replace him and gain no actual ground in the East.

WCS may not be full Gobert, but he would certainly help improve their defense, and when Gordon comes in with him, not much offense, but they'd be a real pain in the *** defensively at least.

Everyone but Frye would be under the age of 25, so they have time, but they need to start getting the pieces to fit or they run the risk of just farming out prospects to other teams starting with Harris if he leaves this summer.

I really thought the 8th seed was a possibility this season. But on to the draft, with damn near all of UK's roster jumping ship I don't know who their 1st rounder should be if they want a solid 2nd round shooter then they should look at Michael Frazier II or possibly R.J. Hunter (only 2 off the top of my head right now)

All depends on if they keep Tobias. How much does Gordon develop. And will Mario have an impact right away?

If they keep Tobias, and everyone has decent improvement/growth, I LOVE this team in the East goin forward. Not beating the Cavs or anything, but certainly enough talent to compete moreso than they have the last couple years.

nthat.gif
my son

They're really going to need Gordon to develop and be that hybrid athletic defender. Otherwise they'll need to find a rim protector via free agency.

Still think they wasted the Gordon pick , picking an energy bench player in the top 5 :smh: ....and they better keep Harris, this management doesn't care or know what it's doing with free agency so I doubt they get a rim protector so F it and roll out a Peyton/Vic/Mario/Harris/ Vucci mane line up

Last edited:
Who else would they have taken, though? Smart maybe but they made the move for Payton. I liked Randle too in that draft.

They just got screwed and needed to be top 3, luck of the draw like that.

Good time to bump this...

I know it's summer league but Gordon looked like a man amongst boys out there. He's playing more under control and it looks like he actually is beginning to develop a nifty little jumper + 3 point range. 
eek.gif

I'd love to see him develop into our starting SF and cover some of Tobias' deficiencies on D.

Payton/Oladipo/Gordon/Harris/Vucevic

If nothing else this team is going to be fun as hell to watch this year.

Their defensive improvements have been very impressive. It was expected since that's what Skiles does, but going from near the bottom of the league to 6th in defensive rating is very impressive and a definite factor in their record.

They still need their star, I still have my doubts about how Oladipo and Payton can play together, but they're improving for sure.

Back
Top Bottom