The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Classic! Before, I thought Kimmel was going to interview the conductor and then have the orchestra start playing when he started talking. This was better :lol:

Amy lettin them thangs hang
noah.png

We're basically on Year 14 of the Kimmel/Damon joke and it's still hilarious.

Ayyyyyeee, great speech. Black and Brown yo.

Taraji, Taraji, Taraji

Last edited:
Who was that lady in the white dress in the crowd they kept showing during that speech? :pimp:

Cliffs on La La Land ? I'll never watch it but I'm vaguely curious.

And the Matt Damon and Ben Affleck bits were :lol:

They running like 15 min over time.

They didn't play enough ppl off stage earlier on. I can think of 2 speeches by not even big names that went on too long :lol:

Boy meets girl, fall in love, boy starts seeing some success though not his dream, girl gets lonely and jealous while hers isn't picking up. Girl almost misses big break but boy rushes in to save the day, then they go their seperate ways while living out their dream career. All this to the backdrop of good cinematography and dance numbers. it's cool, just not the way dudes were gushing over it to me.

Love story between two people. Dude loves jazz and wants to open his own club. Lady loves to act and wants to be an actress. They fall in love, and they keep trying to better their careers. It also is a quasi musical, so it has songs and dancing through the movie.

I'll put the ending in a spoiler... so don't click if you don't want to know.
They end up marrying other people, because they let their careers interfere with their relationship. The finale of the movie is they randomly meet after being separated and not talking to each other in the dude's jazz club. He plays "their song", and they both have flashbacks/flashforwards in which they both dream about how their lives would be if they got married (and seem to enjoy that life).

Last edited:
It's just a romatic drama that's a musical.

2 ppl in Hollywood pursuing their dreams, run in to each other a few times, get together, support each other, try to make dreams reality and falter, and then basically the conflict and resolution which I won't spoil. If you care enough the summary is on Wikipedia.

I hate musicals, I mean hate but I love Gosling and Emma. Still don't think I'll ever watch though. I can't do musicals, at all.

Barry should have won.

Last edited:
La la land just didn't speak to me at all, was just another movie. Mel, Barry, Villanueve could've taken this.

Hollywood prolly blackballed Mel from winning these things after those drunken anti-Semitic comments

Back
Top Bottom