The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Time to go in about how this another movie directed by a white dude, story by the white guy's family where Dr. Shirley's family said the entire movie is lies.
It’s a FILM that will never be left on in the background even, in my Home. My girl wanted to watch it and I sent her 3 links and one YouTube video to watch first, now she’s like “Good call”.

No interest at all. 2+hours I will forever spend on, not watching that.
When BP was winning all the earlier Awards, I knew it had no chance for the more Prestigous Awards, no matter how much hope it spawned.

Quick little story about Dr. Don Shirley. He was difficult, a perfectionist, thought of Jazz as folk music, and he would have hated that movie.

It’s a FILM that will never be left on in the background even, in my Home. My girl wanted to watch it and I sent her 3 links and one YouTube video to watch first, now she’s like “Good call”.

When BP was winning all the earlier Awards, I knew it had no chance for the more Prestigous Awards, no matter how much hope it spawned.
Since it was nominated I felt all of yall were fooling yourselves that it could win best picture. Even in this past year of weaker movies.

If it did win it would be the academy going out of their way to send a direct message.

BP was great movie and a big movement but it never reached that best picture level to win. Its why the Oscars initially came with that bull **** Popular movie category suggestion. Thats what they wanted BP to win. They won't broadcast it but with all of the issues they had and **** they tried to pull theres a lot of problems going behind the scenes, ratings issues, and a reputation problem.

Have no interest in seeing Green Book. I can't stand cliche' happy go lucky movies that deal with racism, where it's solved with people having some kumbaya garbage ending in hugs and 100% understanding each other. That is very unrealistic and paints a very simple picture of dealing with racism. The trailer practically gives away everything you need to know. Soft, safe, tame, and what the average white person thinks about racism.

Haven't watched Green Book, but thought it's funny how Dr. Shirley was the supporting character and not the protagonist :lol:
The Italian dude's son is the guy that sold the rights to the movie and was the main source for the script.

So you know how that goes :lol: Main reason the family says the slmovie is bs.

Can't believe there's so many in here that actually thought BP should've won..Wasn't even the best comic book movie released last year..

Shout out to Shalika
giphy.gif

Care to share those links and the YouTube video?

Back
Top Bottom