The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Statue of Kevin Hart Holding Rainbow Flag Pops Up Near Oscars Venue

kevin-hart-oscars-statue.jpg

Etienne Laurent/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock

https://deadline.com/2019/02/statue-of-kevin-hart-holding-rainbow-flag-in-hollywood-1202563622/

Kevin Hart won’t be hosting the Oscars, but he will be outside the venue in the form of a statue waving the rainbow flag.

Los Angeles-based street artist Plastic Jesus made a replica of The Upside star and placed it near the Dolby Theatre, where the Oscars will take place Sunday.

The Hart-themed sculpture is designed to look like an Oscar statue, and shows the comedian wearing a gold suit and holding the gay pride flag. The words “Hollow Apology” are written across the base of the statue.

Hart stepped down from hosting the Oscars in December amid controversy overhomophobic tweets he posted almost a decade earlier that were resurfaced on Twitter.

After initially saying he “passed” on an apology — despite a plea from the Academy — Hart ultimately did just that and apologized via Twitter on Dec. 6, writing: “I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past.”

kevin-hart-oscars-statue-1.jpg

A statue of Kevin Hart entitled ‘Hollow Apology’ by street artist Plastic Jesus is displayed on Hollywood Boulevard on 21 February 2019. (Credit: Etienne Laurent/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock)

Hart’s apology apparently wasn’t enough for Plastic Jesus. On Thursday, the artist shared two pictures of the statue in a since-deleted Instagram post, along with a message of support for the LGBTQ community.

“Over the past decades most countries have made great inroads fighting homophobia and hate, however the current divisive rhetoric seems to have taken us back to the 1970’s,” he added. “So much of the Entertainment industry output comes from LGBTQ Individuals we should be celebrating it and not creating a hateful environment.”

Plastic Jesus is known for making bold statements about Hollywood and politics with his art.

In 2016, he placed a tiny “border wall” topped with razor wire and miniature U.S. flags around then-presidential candidate Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Two years earlier, he left a life-sized Oscar statue with a heroin needle in its arm at the corner of Hollywood Boulevard & La Brea Ave.

He stated on Instagram that the statue was meant to bring attention to drug use, which he called “Hollywood’s best kept secret.” He mentioned Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman, who died weeks earlier from a drug overdose, in his post.

Ali, Rami & Green Book :pimp:

You cannot tell me Gaga & Cooper haven't ****ed. No way they haven't.

Skimming the thread from last night. Some of you really thought Black Panther should have won best picture? Nah.

Last edited:
Only way to see Minding the Gap is to find a screening :ohwell:

EDIT: N/M joint is on Hulu

Last edited:
Can't believe there's so many in here that actually thought BP should've won..Wasn't even the best comic book movie released last year..

black panther ain't even da best MCU movie ..that would be winter soldier.

Finally got around to A star is born yesterday.

I really expected more out of it. It dragged along slowly, the dialogue was bland, and some **** just wasn't realistic or didn't even make sense.

I haven't been that bored during a movie in a while. Gaga can sing her *** off tho.

• 2009 - "Slumdog Millionaire"
  • 2008 - "No Country for Old Men"
  • 2007 - "The Departed"
  • 2006 - "Crash"
  • 2005 - "Million Dollar Baby"
  • 2004 - "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"
  • 2003 - "Chicago"
  • 2002 - "A Beautiful Mind"
  • 2001 - "Gladiator"
  • 2000 - "American Beauty"
  • 1999 - "Shakespeare in Love"
  • 1998 - "Titanic"
  • 1997 - "The English Patient"
  • 1996 - "Braveheart"
  • 1995 - "Forrest Gump"
  • 1994 - "Schindler’s List"
  • 1993 - "Unforgiven"
  • 1992 - "The Silence of the Lambs"
  • 1991 - "Dances With Wolves"
  • 1990 - "Driving Miss Daisy"

Shape of Water was a pile of ****. Couldn’t believe what I was watching.

I’ll say this, the picture or the sound of that movie was real relaxing though. Story was dumb as ****. Banging in the bathroom. I’m still mad I watched that ****.

This is exactly why I didn’t see it. Wypipo love movies that they come save the day when they’re the cause of the issue.

I heard Spike was killing Green Book for winning. I gotta google it later.

Care to share those links and the YouTube video?
Yea sure.

This was the first one I read back around Christmas I believe.
https://theplaylist.net/green-book-lies-shirley-family-20181217/

This is the one I stumbled across when I was trying to find the Youtube.video to send to her Saturday Night because she wanted to do at least a couple of Oscar Noms or Church and I damn sure wasn't going to Church, but I also wasn't going to watch GreenBook either with so many decent choices for us.
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a26486233/green-book-true-story-explained/

Now the Youtube Video I don't think she watched but by the Time she finished with the Esquire piece she didn't even need the Tube Video, but here it is....

BP was an amazing and groundbreaking film but I never saw it as "Best Picture" material.

Thought it was dope, but based on what I've seen, most people let think pieces and spamming Wakanda salutes kill their joy of the film. I liked Avengers more just cause it connected dots of tons of Marvel movies and not just one. Avengers would be #1, Black Panther #2, and everything else is a distant 3rd, 4th, and 5th. I don't even know what else came out honestly other than Wonder Woman and Deadpool 2.

Shape of Water was a pile of ****. Couldn’t believe what I was watching.

I’ll say this, the picture or the sound of that movie was real relaxing though. Story was dumb as ****. Banging in the bathroom. I’m still mad I watched that ****.

This is exactly why I didn’t see it. Wypipo love movies that they come save the day when they’re the cause of the issue.

I heard Spike was killing Green Book for winning. I gotta google it later.

100% correct.

Back
Top Bottom