The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Originally Posted by HankMoody

This is one of the worst things to ever be associated with a college. If the rumors are true. IMO, stuff like the VTech massacre pales in comparison to this. That was one deranged individual that no one could reasonably stop bothered to stop. VTech might have looked bad in the aftermath but not lime this.This is... well it's this.

Yo what? How could have VTech reasonably stopped that dude? I don't see it. Every college campus has free-flowing buildings with easy access. Dude bought the guns off-campus.
When you referred to deranged individual, I thought you met Sandusky not Seung-Hi Cho. Misunderstanding. 

This University is in turmoil. How is this guy able to even walk on the field???????? Even for his own safety on Saturday, not even the scandal itself

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

if thats the case then thats why Sandusky was still allowed on Campus - He had %@+* hanging over EVERYBODY!

Im sick

this makes a lot of sense ... i'm at a loss for words ... i'm here at work, a 28 year old, grown man ... eyes watery ... thinking about how widespread this *#$# could be. and i'm hoping that these are just allegations ... wishing for this not to be true ... hoping that we've heard the worst of it ...

that we as a society can be this cruel ... 

With these new allegations that Second Mile was used as a way to draw kids in and "share" them with other adults, it makes me really wonder what exactly was on Gricar's hard drive.

Sandusky's life is over. He should put it all out there on the table. Name names. He has nothing else to lose.

The investigators need to put him in a cell under watch before he decides to eat a bullet while out on bail - and let everyone else involved gets a pass.

I am just waiting to find out Gricar is connected in this mess next; I am in a serious daze right now...this all seems surreal yet very real

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I wish they would just forfeit this game; hell the season for that matter

Why?
The players have done NOTHING wrong.  That would be an absolutely terrible decision.  You are punishing those who have done nothing wrong.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Saturday is going to be wild

I don't even want to go anymore; one week ago I was so excited for this weekend and now I don't even want to be associated with Penn State at the moment.
I agree. I am only going to witness the chaos... but mainly to see my friends play Hartford in basketball

Games have been cancelled for less scandalous things. Its only right that they handle business and treat it as such.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Why?
The players have done NOTHING wrong.  That would be an absolutely terrible decision.  You are punishing those who have done nothing wrong.
because football doesn't matter anymore; you said yourself you can't bring yourself to wear Penn State gear to the game
this goes well beyond football at this point; sports are an outlet for people much they were after 9/11 but there will be no outlet by playing these games; they are meaningless in my opinion and they are going to allow McQueary to coach?!?!? unreal

I agree with 4w. It is not the Student Athletes fault for this.

The University just can't get their @#@$#$% together. But as I said last night, this program may be affected due to Penn St not being able to control any of this. But none of those Student Athletes with the program now have no reason to be punished due to the stupidity of the school.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Saturday is going to be wild

I don't even want to go anymore; one week ago I was so excited for this weekend and now I don't even want to be associated with Penn State at the moment.
i feel y'all. i'm going to support the athletes who had to put up with this circus. i don't know what i would do if my schools ucla and lu would be involved in anything like this
tired.gif

if the pimpin to high donors is true. I wonder how much the president, vp, ad were involved and how much joe knew or what he was informed.

If they (shultz, spanier, and curley) were involved, it would make sense of keeping Sandusky around and using the facilities
indifferent.gif
 and for the amount of power joepa supposedly has, maybe they finally used their job description to overrule anything joepa say/said

MONEY TALKS!

it's disgusting thinking this  possible scenario
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Sure hope the college kids don't do anything stupid before or during the game on Saturday.
We are currently working on holding a vigil/silent protest outside Old Main on Friday night for the victims of this tragedy. 

That's good to hear, I'm sure the vigil will be peaceful on Friday night.  However that same peace may come to an end on Saturday as the game nears, especially with the Westboro church now planning to be on your campus, and different media outlets.  I hope thats not the case.  Not to mention are students still planning a walk-out during the game??

Now, that's not fair to the kids on the roster who probably had NO clue as to what was going on behind closed doors.  Let the kids finish out the year, then let the chips fall where they may.  My guess is Rob Bolden will get his transfer request....all jokes aside, there are going to be a lot of kids leaving that program and seeking immediate elgibility by the NCAA due to these circumstances.  And they should be granted that. 

We are currently working on holding a vigil/silent protest outside Old Main on Friday night for the victims of this tragedy. 

Hopefully more people show up for this than there were for the riots last night. 

Who's decision was it to wait until Paterno got his wins before dropping the hammer on Sandusky? Man, can anyone do anything right?!

Sure hope the college kids don't do anything stupid before or during the game on Saturday.

That's good to hear, I'm sure the vigil will be peaceful on Friday night.  However that same peace may come to an end on Saturday as the game nears, especially with the Westboro church now planning to be on your campus, and different media outlets.  I hope thats not the case.  Not to mention are students still planning a walk-out during the game??

Edit--The game should still go on IMO.  The kids playing on the field did nothing wrong and truth be told the football program record wise is doing really good this year.  They have a chance to win the Big Ten.  The kids shouldn't be punished for that.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Who's decision was it to wait until Paterno got his wins before dropping the hammer on Sandusky? Man, can anyone do anything right?!
that has nothing to do with Penn State; that is the DA

I haven't heard anything about a student walk out. The only collective effort the students are making are to wear blue to the game for all victims of child abuse.  Although dont expect everyone to wear blue. We cant even get out !%!$ together for a white out.
I have heard something about the alumnis walking out in protest of the University. Nothing is reallyofficial with this kind of stuff. There is just too much people to get everyone to coordinate to do something

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Had to done.

Even for his own good, guy was delusional enough to think he could walk into Columbus and Madison in the following weeks. completely out of touch with reality. And Apparently, has been since 2002-- at least.

Someone needs to put him into reality. The life that we are living! who cares about the life he's living even though he's no where near me I still have a duty to keep up on the low and I feel like Paterno retiring came at a good time. It's been 46 years...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

In regards to McQueary:

DanWetzel Thats my guess RT @pstanos: @DanWetzel Does he have "whistle blower status"? Can't fire, because he could sue them too

Man, I would tell that coward to get in line if he wants to sue me.

Penn St is going to lose so much on this that 1 guy shouldn't stop them from getting rid of all involved on any level.

Just want to say one thing about the supposed "riots".  I lived in "Beaver Canyon" at Penn St.  I've seen these "riots" take place.  Please don't confuse what happens at Penn St with actual riots that you may see in the Middle East or during such events as after the Rodney King Trial or after Vancouver lost the Stanley Cup.  Yes, a lot of kids go out in the streets, but very little actually happens.  I know they flipped a news van, tore down two light posts, and broke a few windows, but there was no looting.  There was no real resistance against police.  There were no serious crimes.  It is just a bunch of 18-22 year old kids who get a mob mentality that it is the cool thing to do to be seen and heard along with everyone else.  Yes, there are the few idiots who caused trouble, and hopefully they were arrested.  However, I would characterize what happened at Penn St much more as a "demonstration" than a "riot".

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Just want to say one thing about the supposed "riots".  I lived in "Beaver Canyon" at Penn St.  I've seen these "riots" take place.  Please don't confuse what happens at Penn St with actual riots that you may see in the Middle East or during such events as after the Rodney King Trial or after Vancouver lost the Stanley Cup.  Yes, a lot of kids go out in the streets, but very little actually happens.  I know they flipped a news van, tore down two light posts, and broke a few windows, but there was no looting.  There was no real resistance against police.  There were no serious crimes.  It is just a bunch of 18-22 year old kids who get a mob mentality that it is the cool thing to do to be seen and heard along with everyone else.  Yes, there are the few idiots who caused trouble, and hopefully they were arrested.  However, I would characterize what happened at Penn St much more as a "demonstration" than a "riot".
Amen; I lived there and no one is in any real harm.  It is mostly a bunch of kids standing around watching a VERY select few do dumb things.

Back
Top Bottom