The Psychology Of A Black Man.

I'm not an advocate of giving people a lump sum of money. Too many will blow it and go back to square one and "they" will have more talking points. Give land and put that money into edcation and other resources specifically for black people in these areas that the land is distributed. Our people need to know how to fish before throwing money at them IMO.

That's not for you to worry about what others do with THEIR money doe....

That's such a shortsighted way to look at it. My concern is more so on the impact of that form of reparations on our community. Dropping a check does nothing when there's no infrastructure. It would be another reason for "them" to forget this countries history towards black people and an excuse for not having actual change.

I
That's such a shortsighted way to look at it. My concern is more so on the impact of that form of reparations on our community. Dropping a check does nothing when there's no infrastructure. It would be another reason for "them" to forget this countries history towards black people and an excuse for not having actual change.

I 100% agree...but unfortunately you can't save everyone especially economically.
The lines get really blurred when it comes to money.
Also just because there is a black owned business doesn't mean its putting money back into the black community it profits from.
Black ownership means nothing if that money still ends up in non black suppliers hands and never recirculates among other black businesses.
This is our problem now

I 100% agree...but unfortunately you can't save everyone especially economically.
The lines get really blurred when it comes to money.
Also just because there is a black owned business doesn't mean its putting money back into the black community it profits from.
Black ownership means nothing if that money still ends up in non black suppliers hands and never recirculates among other black businesses.
This is our problem now

Right, that's why I'm against the direct money thing (although it would be nice personally haha). I agree with the circulation of the black dollar. I think that's where land, education and other resources come into play. Not saying I have all the answers but imagine low interest business and home loans provided to black people who live in these areas as well as college grants for those who choose that route. Having a board of "us" in every one of these areas to manage the funds that go into all of this would be necessary as well. I'm obviously shooting from the hip with ideas but something like that could be beneficial to support the curculation of the black dollar as well as establishing infrastructure for the future.

Although it should definitely be like monthly/bimonthly payments as opposed to one big payment :lol:

I think reparations should be in whatever form the person wants it. Like a few big business loans/grants or monthly payments.

We know the effects of slavery and how it affected us. After this study, what happens? We determine a monetary value? If so, we’re going to have to realize that we’re not going to get what we feel is worth it. You can’t put a monetary value on a genocide that lasted centuries.

I'm sure every benefactor of a reparation payment, anytime in history, has never felt they were made whole. Just like you can't put a monetary sum on a life taken by police. In the end, I think most would agree that an admission of wrongdoing and a serious effort in righting that wrong is the only possible recourse.

I'm sure every benefactor of a reparation payment, anytime in history, has never felt they were made whole. Just like you can't put a monetary sum on a life taken by police. In the end, I think most would agree that an admission of wrongdoing and a serious effort in righting that wrong is the only possible recourse.
Of course. All I'm saying is that we're beyond the need of what that bill is aiming for. It is something that should be able to be accomplished without the need for legislation. And once it's completed, what happens was my question?

Most important thing a black man can do to improve his circumstance is to choose a black wife that shares his same ideals and vision.

The family is the structure and foundation of community. We must have a generational perspective as we equip our children with knowledge and understanding of the landscape that is before them.

We must be intentionally selfless is progressing our lineage by moving towards a central goal of community independence in mind and financial literacy, to support that independence.

This all begins with the family. Two parents in the home. Purposely teaching the heritage and culture that the schools don't. And replicating to this through out the communities. So we become a powerful force unified by our ideals and standards vs broken individuals seeking for change from those who have the world they want already.

#randomrant #somestuffIwasthinkinbout

Of course. All I'm saying is that we're beyond the need of what that bill is aiming for. It is something that should be able to be accomplished without the need for legislation. And once it's completed, what happens was my question?

Oh, I get what you're saying, it seems like the government has only set out to create the commitee but nothing afterwards. I think the next step that we'd all like to see would be a monetary value type of answer from that commitee. As you said though, there would be no way to accurately quantify slavery, even if they tried I'm sure many would disagree with the figures.

At this time, thats all we could hope for in a next step. We gotta get past the first hurdle (H.R 40) though.

1592155978570.png

Son..

I get what they are trying to do, but the pic on the bottom right with the keloids as a result of the whippings, would have been suffice. However, I do believe that The New Yorker is the magazine that featured Michelle Obama as a terrorist on their front cover.

"Them" acknowledging June 19th and doing so much for it feels AWKWARD for me.

I get people didn't know so they have to educate but it feels forced. (Not saying it shouldn't be done because it should).

Am I trippin?

No, you're not tripping. This is going to be one of those things they use in a few years to say "racism doesn't exist and we're all equal now. We even celebrate y'all history".

Back
Top Bottom