The Quest For Sneakers!

So I'm Just Wondering, What Is The Most Extreme/Crazy Thing You Have Done To Get A Pair Of Shoes? Interested to hear the responses and see how other people in the sneaker community think and the approach yall take to get the shoes you want!

camped out in 06 for grapes
ohwell.gif

Camped around 26 hours to make sure I was first inline for the concords. Got two pair for retail that day

Camped out 7 hours to get my Carmine's just to find out my NT gave out #ed cards already to people. So Me and my boy were thinking we would be first but ended up behind the people with cards. We still got our pack and the size we needed but the sad thing was, people came 30 before the store opened without a #ed card and still got a pair. O well...got mine didnt want to chance it.

a whole day+ of camping for some shoes? couldve worked 3 more hours in the week to afford the resale price. holy crap thats absurd
laugh.gif

Called proper in California for about two hours straight to make sure I was one of the first ones to do a phone order for the first retros of royal foamposite ones....my cell phone almost died before I got through but luckily I was able to get my pair.

my family and some friends think im crazy every time i wake up super early to make it to a release. my friends that are sneakerheads and other shoe collectors think im crazy i wont camp out for shoes over night.

different people have different ideas on whats crazy haha.

another one would be people think im crazy to want to pay anything over 200+ for certain shoes. my friends that collect shoes think im crazy for not getting a certain pair for that said high price. lol

just my two cents haha

Flew to Vegas for one night for the Banned 1s. My dude and I hung out all night. Did some gambling and drinking, found a spot and smoked a couple blunts. We actually walked to the South Vegas Outlet. Took about a hour or so. Got there and only a few people were in line. Shortly after the line was wrapped around the corner.

Oh yeah, we both work for Airtran. We fly for free. My dude went with me to get into reselling. But he fell in love with the sneaker. Now he's one of us, lol.

Originally Posted by airBOZretroIII

Traded an DS pair of OG BRED XI's for a pair of red/white/black DUBZEROS.
that made me laugh out loud like count dracula

I waited in line for 3 hours to get a size I couldn't even fit in the countdown xi/xii pack.......Haven't waited in line since. Buying sneakers isn't that serious to me anymore. Either I get them easily online or I just don't care about that specific pair anymore. Nike release so many sneakers. Never going to get them all.

Originally Posted by Chris316

Just paid $300+ for those concords 2011 release. Resellers can go to hell.
mad.gif

but u paid tho.....dat logic
worst for me was waiting 4 hours for the w/c 4s....wasn't even that hard to cop dmps 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by gzagenius

a whole day+ of camping for some shoes? couldve worked 3 more hours in the week to afford the resale price. holy crap thats absurd
laugh.gif

Exactly. Time is more valuable than money. You can always get more money, you can never get more time

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by Chris316

Just paid $300+ for those concords 2011 release. Resellers can go to hell.
mad.gif

but u paid tho.....dat logic
worst for me was waiting 4 hours for the w/c 4s....wasn't even that hard to cop dmps 
tired.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CowColor

tried to camp out for a pair but failed. Then ended up paying reseller price.

That sucks, what pair what is it? And what did you have to shell out for them?

Originally Posted by Mr CoOrdinate

Camped around 26 hours to make sure I was first inline for the concords. Got two pair for retail that day

Thats dope, where did you camp? I hit up Nike and camped for about 20 hours, was the 8th person in line so i was good. So you had somebody else camp with you that long to get the 2nd pair?

Back
Top Bottom