The rationale for not letting openly gay soldiers serve.

Upon the Senate's block of "DADT", it makes me wonder the real rationale of not letting soldiers who are openly gay serve. Ignorance and homophobia I find it very hard to believe to be the only reason because this government is the only one on the planet that proudly institutionalizes discrimination against homosexuals openly serving in the military. My wife's brother serves and he says "I don't want other dude 'meat gazing'!". All I could think to myself is "Dude, you are in Afghanistan. People are shooting at you and you are worried about other dudes looking at your 'meat'? Really
eyes.gif
?"

Upon the Senate's block of "DADT", it makes me wonder the real rationale of not letting soldiers who are openly gay serve. Ignorance and homophobia I find it very hard to believe to be the only reason because this government is the only one on the planet that proudly institutionalizes discrimination against homosexuals openly serving in the military. My wife's brother serves and he says "I don't want other dude 'meat gazing'!". All I could think to myself is "Dude, you are in Afghanistan. People are shooting at you and you are worried about other dudes looking at your 'meat'? Really
eyes.gif
?"

Just an example of old white men/religious idiots/rednecks who are decades behind today's society.
Their days are numbered.

Just an example of old white men/religious idiots/rednecks who are decades behind today's society.
Their days are numbered.

it will be another reason for the Taliban to bomb and fight even harder, security concerns. 
trying to be logical. 

laugh.gif

it will be another reason for the Taliban to bomb and fight even harder, security concerns. 
trying to be logical. 

laugh.gif

Obama is a failure so far.... He needs to fight with these Republicans. He better be careful before he gets Palin elected.

Obama is a failure so far.... He needs to fight with these Republicans. He better be careful before he gets Palin elected.

[Gareth Keenan] Will they be looking at the enemy, or will they be looking at me, going "Oooooh, he looks tasty in his uniform?" [/Gareth Keenan]

[Gareth Keenan] Will they be looking at the enemy, or will they be looking at me, going "Oooooh, he looks tasty in his uniform?" [/Gareth Keenan]

Might be homophobic but showering with a gay soldier maybe uncomfortable for some....

Might be homophobic but showering with a gay soldier maybe uncomfortable for some....

Originally Posted by DaGreatJ

Sorry but how can be fight with the republicans when the republicans will control congress soon?

Sorry but how can be fight with the republicans when the republicans will control congress soon?

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

As much as I didn't want partisan politics to come up. I have to say, the Democrats had 2 years of an overwhelmingly majority, that isn't an excuse.

Rashii as for rationale, I think you have to look no further than John McCain.. He hates gay people so much he doesn't care what any person tells him, or what any study shows.. He will make a statement like he did in 2006 to sound "Maverick" but when push comes to shove he's an out of touch homophobe..

While that maybe true, I still don't understand. He doesn't serve anymore, why would it even concern him?

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

As much as I didn't want partisan politics to come up. I have to say, the Democrats had 2 years of an overwhelmingly majority, that isn't an excuse.

Rashii as for rationale, I think you have to look no further than John McCain.. He hates gay people so much he doesn't care what any person tells him, or what any study shows.. He will make a statement like he did in 2006 to sound "Maverick" but when push comes to shove he's an out of touch homophobe..

While that maybe true, I still don't understand. He doesn't serve anymore, why would it even concern him?

A gay soldier fighting in a war is like me fighting the entire NFL cheerleading organization.

On this issue the only thing he's really done wrong was not actively pushing it in his first year..

And DADT is not an issue that people will change their vote for a candidate on...

A gay soldier fighting in a war is like me fighting the entire NFL cheerleading organization.

On this issue the only thing he's really done wrong was not actively pushing it in his first year..

And DADT is not an issue that people will change their vote for a candidate on...

There really is no rational reason behind it. I think those opposed to it are usually terrible people.

Back
Top Bottom