The Real Life Uncle Rukus vol. James David Manning

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

As idiotic as he sounds, the guy is speaking the truth on the part about (*some*) white folks about to get hectic with it. Living where I live, I see a certain breed of white people with a TON of contempt about having a black president. It literally CONSUMES them, and when something like that consumes someone, bad things are sure to come.

Like the other day I was at Publix and saw some dude with a shirt that said "One Big +*% Mistake America", with Barack's picture in the middle. And I started thinking about how I've never seen people this upset about who the president is. Like when Clinton was president, white folks weren't happy but I never saw them rally about $!#$ and rock insulting t-shirts. When Dubya was president there were a ton of people miffed by it but it was more because he was clearly a bumbling idiot who didn't really come off as a good representative for our country. Now people are ANGRY--like after 14 months of being president you'd think that the initial hate would start subsiding. Instead it has gotten much worse, from what I've seen. The more time Obama has in office, the stronger the hate becomes. It's like they just can't accept it. And from personal experience I've noted that a lot of it has nothing to do with his politics. Half the time the people so opposed to the Obama Administration can't even explain the policies (i.e. the Tea Party crowds). So what's the problem then? RACE. Nobody wants to admit that for fear of being labeled a racist, but that's the main beef for a lot of white America when it comes down to it.

So yeah, this dude is speaking truth in that regard. Just give it some time.....the camel's back is about to break.

But what this guy is asking is no different than when slaves would scold other slaves for trying to accomplish equality. He is the same type of guy who Yells and Condemns the black community for being lazy and not having any ambition but when black people want to make something of themselves and utilize their skills to achieve a certain sense of equality or higher social standing he says don't make the white folk angry, you need to play by their rules and need to be obedient to them. In this guys' eyes black people cannot win, so he might as well be a Racist White Man.

I'm white, and if people are so damn upset because they are racist and a black man finally achieved some position that has been well deserved then @$%% 'em. If they want to call America the Greatest Country in the World and in the same breathe deny black people of any equality or power and becomes vile and hateful if they do it shows he doesn't know what America is and doesn't deserve to live in this country. And if these people want to start a civil war over this, and want to create a race war, they will be pleasantly surprised when a lot of white people do not take his side, and fight against him. Me included.

[size=-1]"The moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice."[/size] -MLK

edit: I watched the first 1:30 of the video Shaun posted and he did exactly what I said he does.. And he blames Democrats for it.. 1970's 70% of the prison population was white 2010 70% of the prison population is black.. Did whites stop committing crimes? Hell no. Policy made by Reagan has turned the black community into what it is, of course black people deserve some blame for their predicament no one is saying they are 100% non-liable. But what got them there, rap music? No The War on Drugs did, which conveniently at the same time Reagan fought the War on Drugs he "unknowingly" pumped drugs into inner cities.. He created a trap. Causing a modern day "acceptable slavery"

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

well...These goddamn whities writing fictional pieces about someone with a different skin???

Is The Wire required viewing in the same number of educational institutions (if any) that have Uncle Tom's Cabin as required reading? No?

Uh-huh, ok, wussup... you know the rest.

Actually...It will be soon enough.  My university already has an entire class dedicated to the show (many schools do now) and the final season (just ended).  It will eventually be seen on the same plane, actually even better.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Actually...It will be soon enough.  My university already has an entire class dedicated to the show (many schools do now) and the final season (just ended).  It will eventually be seen on the same plane, actually even better.
eek.gif
A soothsayer on NT?

"heeeeee had a steammmmmmmmmmmy love afffffair with anoooooother maaaaaaaaaaan..."

lolololololololololol

Oh man that was some comedy and comfort for some. It is comfort for some leftists who can fool themselves into thinking that that is man represents all conservatives and maybe everyone who disagrees with Obama's crappy policies. It is much easier to cut down a straw man, or in this case, a lunatic, than the more serious and reasoned critics of the Obama administration.

If anything the Republican Party has done the most damage to Black America in the form of Reagan's war on drugs. Both Parties are at fault. If black people want to actually promote solutions for the black community they have to band together and not shoe-in their vote to any party until we see some changes.

I ask because what you seem to be suggesting, with that first sentence,is that--one can only provide commentary on some state of being only ifone has physically experienced said state of being.

That said, Isuppose I can't write about the evil that rape is because, well, I havenever been raped. Neither can I comment on the evil that Americanslavery was because, well, I myself was never an American slave. And Icertainly can't write and/or comment on the concept of white privilegebecause, well, I am neither white nor privileged...right?
Well you could talk about and comment on it until you're blue in the face, but why would I care about what you have to say on the subject as much as someone who LIVED through rape, or WAS a slave and is writing their experiences?
In the case of experience, anything other than the account from the person who I don't know..experienced it.... is just additional commentary to me.

and There's a reason why the wire is as good as it is, the dudes who created it, spent years on their life in the trenches and wrote on their same exact situations and experiences in the field.

Did the author of Uncle Tom's Cabin? If she did, then we have another discussion.

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

If anything the Republican Party has done the most damage to Black America in the form of Reagan's war on drugs. Both Parties are at fault. If black people want to actually promote solutions for the black community they have to band together and not shoe-in their vote to any party until we see some changes.
I think we have a unanimous agreement in a statement.

They need More involvement in political discourse, you can hear politics being talked about all over the place in the black community but they never say it because they feel it won't matter..But they really do matter.. If they had a high voter turnout they would be listened to, or they had rallies and protests, they would listen. And I agree no person should automatically cast their vote for one party but it is understandable why they do.. People vote in their best interests. Republicans could give 2 @+!!% about black people (not saying they are all racist I am just saying).. Where as at least Democrats care, they may not even get +@!# done, and they may not even give damn either but they at least give an effort to acknowledge that they exist.

Originally Posted by Essential1

They need More involvement in political discourse, you can hear politics being talked about all over the place in the black community but they never say it because they feel it won't matter..But they really do matter.. If they had a high voter turnout they would be listened to, or they had rallies and protests, they would listen. And I agree no person should automatically cast their vote for one party but it is understandable why they do.. People vote in their best interests. Republicans could give 2 @+!!% about black people.. Where as at least Democrats care, they don't get +@!# done, and they may not even give damn either but they at least give an effort to acknowledge that they exist.

Honestly both parties are at fault. I didn't find much wrong about what he said about how black peoples allegiance to the democratic has treated them. I just didn't like that he was insinuating that the republican party would be any better.

I'm not naive enough to believe that the democrats "care" either. If I've learned anything from Obama's presidency its that Repubs and Democrats both serve their corporate masters. The only difference is in their ideologies. Repubs want to deregulate and cut taxes for corporations while democrats want to use taxpayer money to subsidize corporations.

They need More involvement in political discourse, you can hear politics being talked about all over the place in the black community but they never say it because they feel it won't matter..But they really do matter.. If they had a high voter turnout they would be listened to, or they had rallies and protests, they would listen. And I agree no person should automatically cast their vote for one party but it is understandable why they do.. People vote in their best interests. Republicans could give 2 @+!!% about black people.. Where as at least Democrats care, they don't get +@!# done, and they may not even give damn either but they at least give an effort to acknowledge that they exist.

Honestly both parties are at fault. I didn't find much wrong about what he said about how black peoples allegiance to the democratic has treated them. I just didn't like that he was insinuating that the republican party would be any better.

I'm not naive enough to believe that the democrats "care" either. If I've learned anything from Obama's presidency its that Repubs and Democrats both serve their corporate masters. The only difference is in their ideologies. Repubs want to deregulate and cut taxes for corporations while democrats want to use taxpayer money to subsidize corporations.
I don't for a second say both parties are not at fault. But here's how I look at it. Either get screwed 100% of the time, or screwed 50% of the time. Black people vote for getting screwed 50% of the time.

Campaign Finance Reform my man. And I would say even what Repubs do, some democrats do, and what Democrats do, some repubs do. It really doesn't change my viewpoint of the 2 parties because 1 is disgusting and 1 is misleading.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Soo not to derail this thread or anything but I have a question regarding the term "Uncle Tom".[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Why do people (within NT and outside of it) always use that term in an insulting manner? [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I ask because I actually just read Stowe's "Uncle Tom's Cabin" for the first time last year and as far as I'm concerned, and to be honest, Uncle Tom was an inspiring character who embodied all that that good and virtuous in an age when, as a black man, he had every right to be wicked and vengeful towards his oppressors.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]...[/color]
grin.gif

What made Stowe, a free white woman, an expert on the subject she wrote about?
indifferent.gif
It was fiction from a free white woman's perspective and I hate that people cite it as if it was some sort of accurate account of the times.

You can't possibly be serious with the first sentence in your reply--can you?

I ask because what you seem to be suggesting, with that first sentence, is that--one can only provide commentary on some state of being only if one has physically experienced said state of being.

That said, I suppose I can't write about the evil that rape is because, well, I have never been raped. Neither can I comment on the evil that American slavery was because, well, I myself was never an American slave. And I certainly can't write and/or comment on the concept of white privilege because, well, I am neither white nor privileged...right?

This is what you're suggesting/implying?

Furthermore, what does it matter who wrote it--racially speaking? Stowes' fiction along with Douglas' Narrative, (and some other papers/books I'm sure I have forgotten/yet to read), depicted for a very ignorant sector of the country, like nothing before had done during those times, just how cruel and inhumane slavery was. Lincoln himself stated that this "fiction" served as a key catalyst for the Civil War and yet, you want to write it off because it was written from the perspective of a "free white woman" who couldn't have possibly been an expert on the subject. Comon son...

Ohh and as far as I'm concerned, it was very accurate account of the times. After all, many of the injustices and evils Stowes noted as being experienced by blacks, could very much be found in the Douglas' Narrative-- a compilation of factual experiences by a black man who escaped from the slave south.

QFT...and I wonder how many individuals have ACTUALLY read the novel, as it has almost disappeared from curriculum over the past decades. Uncle Tom was in fact a genuine, corageous, and even blindly loyal to his fellow slaves. Not the master. 
Oh and lulz @ dude saying the Wire is on the same level, and about to be even more relevant than Uncle Tom's Cabin. I have respect for some of the opinions I disagree with on here because they actually come with some argument or facts. Not some normative statement like : "better"

I don't for a second say both parties are not at fault. But here's how I look at it. Either get screwed 100% of the time, or screwed 50% of the time. Black people vote for getting screwed 50% of the time.

Campaign Finance Reform my man. And I would say even what Repubs do, some democrats do, and what Democrats do, some repubs do. It really doesn't change my viewpoint of the 2 parties because 1 is disgusting and 1 is misleading.
lol your view of of politics is a little biased. Both parties are disgusting. Democrats are just better at using rhetoric and disguising their motives as charity.

Back
Top Bottom