The "Real" Marvin The Martian Releasing?

u think it was because they made a ton of these? because i agree with what most people are saying. that leather is NICE. i love it.
well i'm sure that they made a ton, but at the end of the day it is a Jordan Retro 7 with a Space Jam link of sorts that has a very high quality level of craftsmanship imo. It is no doubt better looking than other **** that gets put out and with the 10% off codes from footlocker etc. you would think they would be gone by now, because I would hope that nike didn't make so many that they are still restocking lol.

Last edited:
I love the idea of the all leather 7 but its the all red tongue that just didn't I work for me. I do however see how these play off the hares which is cool

it is honestly kind of shocking how horribly these sold.
I think it's pretty clear why they sold badly: it's why i originally passed on them on the release date and wavered a lot before copping even at the $137 price point: MANY of us bought the Barcelona Nights shoe, which was originally marketed as Marvin the Martian, and the shoes look so similar that a lot of people who already copped the Barcas felt no need to get these "real" Martians.

It was a very strange move by Nike to release the Barcas, with the accompanying confusion about them being Martians, and then release the "real" Martians just a few months after. Weird, and the sales for the latter showed it.

Last edited:
Most of the people I've spoken to felt that the leather wasn't a good look. Then again most of the people I spoken to never seen MJ play during his hey day.

I'm happy thy didn't sell out. It feels great to cop a Signature Jordan sneaker without the extra stuff. I'm happy with my pair and may even double up. The red tongue and just the color execution on these work. Thank you JB for making enough pairs for everyone and I hope this isn't a one off type of deal with signature Jordan's.

Last edited:
Most of the people I've spoken to felt that the leather wasn't a good look. Then again most of the people I spoken to never seen MJ play during his hey day.

I'm happy thy didn't sell out. It feels great to cop a Signature Jordan sneaker without the extra stuff. I'm happy with my pair and may even double up. The red tongue and just the color execution on these work. Thank you JB for making enough pairs for everyone and I hope this isn't a one off type of deal with signature Jordan's.

I got my $137 pair yesterday and couldn't be happier... These look awesome on feet and honestly these are ironically some of the highest quality sneakers JB has put out in awhile. I watched DJ Delz review of these (he had similar feelings) and I found it hard to believe until I saw them in person.

A large part of What kept me away from them was the leather upper. So damn shiny. I'm a fan of the duller look that comes with nubuck/durabuck. Plus the all red tongue and toe.

A large part of What kept me away from them was the leather upper. So damn shiny. I'm a fan of the duller look that comes with nubuck/durabuck. Plus the all red tongue and toe.

I thought so too but they actually look good on feet and craftmanship is the best I've seen from JB in a long time. I think these will be sought after in 5 years much like Mocha 3s are now...

I thought so too but they actually look good on feet and craftmanship is the best I've seen from JB in a long time. I think these will be sought after in 5 years much like Mocha 3s are now...

I've seen them in person too, just didn't do it for me. Hopefully they could bring this quality to the table moving forward

I had reservations about the red toe and tongue too, but to my pleasant surprise, in person on the feet the combo works. And the leather is just too soft and supple for me to criticize. The quality is there, for once. 

I had reservations about the red toe and tongue too, but to my pleasant surprise, in person on the feet the combo works. And the leather is just too soft and supple for me to criticize. The quality is there, for once. 

I wish JB could bring this kind of quality to EVERY release.. I wonder why this pair got the special treatment while others didn't.

Last edited:
There pretty much sold out. Looks like he's trying to get rid of old stock, every two days he puts the fire sale in affect. Anyone interested look through his inventory I picked up 4 pairs of kicks

There pretty much sold out. Looks like he's trying to get rid of old stock, every two days he puts the fire sale in affect. Anyone interested look through his inventory I picked up 4 pairs of kicks

This. I got a pair of 6 lows for my son (ps size) for 37.50 shipped. There were more I could have bought as well but he has a lot already.

Totally slept on these not realising how soft the leather was and how well they're built. Finally held them in-hand yesterday and tried them on and was really impressed. I can wear that 11 that's on ebay, but would rather find a 10.5 for about the same price. Will probably make them my next pickup.

Totally slept on these not realising how soft the leather was and how well they're built. Finally held them in-hand yesterday and tried them on and was really impressed. I can wear that 11 that's on ebay, but would rather find a 10.5 for about the same price. Will probably make them my next pickup.

I would highly recommend it.

Just copped DS for $120 shipped after using $27 in ebay bucks I had, plus got 4x ebay bucks in return thanks to their current promotion. I'm pretty hype about this pick up - don't understand at all the disrespect this pair gets.

Back
Top Bottom